It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools Using Biometric Reading Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hello all, I think I may have a pretty big issue with the new school district we moved into! I recently went to enroll my children in the local school district and was taken aback by the amount of personal information they wanted and then even further SHOCKED by some of the "programs" they are enrolling children in. Now my children are 14, 12 and 7; so we're in High School, Middle School and Elementary School.

I registered my 14 yr old first and they had a "voluntary drug screen" permission slip in with the stack of enrollment papers. Since my son was with me, I asked him how he felt about this and he said that he had nothing to hide, so we signed it with a yes. Then I ran into a paper (which is what's bringing up this thread topic) which asked if I wanted my child to participate in a new program that would use his fingerprint "to increase the level of service and provide more accurate school meal accounts." Of course I hesitated, but again my son was with me and thought it was beast (really cool) and wanted to do it. So again, we went ahead.

Here's the kicker, you ONLY sign the paper if you DO NOT want your child to participate, which puts many children into the system by default because alot of parents don't read half of these papers, they just sign them; or not in this case. At this point, two days into the new school year, all three of my boys are using this system and I only received a full explanation of this program today!!

This paper is telling me that they use the child's fingerprint to not only keep track of his/her Point of Sale, but also to monitor the general eating habits of of the children by age groups. Of course they reassure the parents that the fingerprint is not stored in any database at any time! Well that just smells of pig dung if you have a single brain in your head! Really? You don't store the print image, but you do track each childs point of sale with it, ummm ok?! Then how do you know which child's point of sale you're tracking?

Seriously, the schools have copies of my children's birth certificates, social security numbers, addresses, sexes, dates of birth, immunization records, races, emergency contacts and now their FINGERPRINTS!!!

I think I'm going to be sick
!!!!

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Where did the schools get the money to implement this high tech program, and are they now due to the economy bi***ing about a lack of funds?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I would be raising so much hell if I were you.

Yet another reason why my kids will not be enrolled in public schools.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
That is so crazy. Chances are the school district was offered funds to implement the program you described. Schools are so desperate for funds that they are willing to take on projects and studies to earn money. I am sure we will see more and more of this.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I had my kids in public school for quite awhile, as it was our only option due to our income; in other words, private schools were out of the question. Then we moved from PA to AZ and had them in the schools there for a total of 4 months. After seeing just how far behind their curiculum was (and they didn't believe my oldest could communicate with "dead people") we pulled them out and home schooled for almost 2 years.

The housing market took a nose dive and it forced us to return to PA with our tails between our legs. At that point I had no choice but to put them back in public school. My hubby and I both had to work so we could get back on our feet and the PA home schooling laws are beyond ridiculous so I felt overwhelmed and gave in.

At first it wasn't terrible and before moving to AZ I had little to no knowledge of the realities of the world we live in! I have learned so very much in the last four years and I feel so helpless in general! There is no one I have met locally who is like us here at ATS and it makes me sad! I need to find a local group or even just another few people, who think like we do!

My hubby and I are soooo very discouraged any more and it's hard to stick to our guns and stand up to TPTB! The "laws" are so crazy and the amount of control; insane! It's a tough spot to be in because we conspiracy believers are seen as crazy. Now-a-days they can take your kids away just because they want to, let alone give them a reason like "Well those people are down right nuts, they shouldn't be raising those children", ya know?

But believe you me, my kids are being yanked right out of that program tomorrow, no matter how "beast" they think it is! However, I fear it is too late, the school already has the prints and has them linked to my children's identities!

[edit on 1-9-2010 by IrishCream]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
Where did the schools get the money to implement this high tech program, and are they now due to the economy bi***ing about a lack of funds?

You're not kidding, you should have seen the list of necessary supplies I had to purchase for these kids!! I spent over $100 on supplies and that doesn't even include the new clothes and shoes they needed. My rent is going to be late this month and everything.

Yet they have money to put these scanners in every cafeteria in the district and then install whatever software/hardware necessary to keep it all going?! Definately a gub-ment funded deal going on here!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I understand how you feel, but at the same time schools are in charge of your child's life everyday, all day. That's a huge responsibility and liability.
If you are going to trust the institution then a good amount of info should be given.

Biometerics though?.. Sorry, but saying "the database is closed" means "sealed unless authorized"...
--Do/can schools fall under Federal jurisdiction? If so then all it takes is an order.
Local authorities as well.
-- Having biometric data is too far.. same for cameras in laptops.. Biometric and/or personal data outside of the necessary realm of need to provide excellent child-care should not be collected.

b

new topics

top topics

join