It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just seen UFO travel into space! Selby, England

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I am just wanting to see if anyone in the north Yorkshire area in England, has seen a UFO tonight. I have been seeing a lot lately and have tried to film them on my phone camera but they don't show up. Tonight however, I saw one while sat in my bedroom. I usually sit on my tub chair on a night and watch TV and the chair is right below my skylight window and I am always looking up. Around half nine pm, I noticed a bright white light slowly floating past my window, It was silent, had no flashing lights, and was low for a plane, as I have not seen a plane go past there before and doncaster sheffield airport has planes coming from the west at night and are much further away.

Anyways, I got up and shouted my fiancé, and she ran over and said wow, i said listen it's silent, and she said yeah. I got my phone out and went to film it hoping it would show up and opened the velux as wide as I could. I looked again and it was on the same trajectory but much higher. I managed to film a little of it but it was hard to get it to show up and was hard to tell if it was moving. I tried to get in the frame of the velux for comparison. My phone stopped recording on its own as i did not press stop, but sensibly I could have accidentally touched the screen without realising. I watched for another 5-10 seconds and it went up at a 75 degree angle, to the left of two stars and disappeared thing thing literally went into space. I was stunned to say the least.

If anyone else on ats saw this, please let me know and i will try and put the little piece of footage I got up tomorrow, as I'm on my ipad now.

Cheers,

Darkjedig

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
just seen a very bright strange flashing light in hemingbrough - newsholme about 9pm

why would any ufos visit selby though!
i live here - its hardly worth a visit lol

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DARKJEDIG

Was the general trajectory west to east? The ISS passed over Selby at 21:34 with a magnitude of -3.4 .

That would be my guess.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by eaglewingz]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Not tonight but last night in Durham.It was my first real ufo sighting, also through my skylight.It was about 10pm.It was very bright similar to venus.I watched it moving across the sky for about 20 seconds then it dissapeared.No noise,no flashing lights and not a lantern.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sounds like a chinese lantern to me. I have seen loads around my area, and they can reach high altitudes. I wish they didn't sell them as I'm sick of getting my hopes up

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

Yes im in seaham county durham. I seen the same object at about 9.20pm travelling south. I see a lot of lanterns aroind here and it definately wasnt one of them. Looked like a very large star. Bright white no flickering or flashing lights. Silent and moving south.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andy(Uk)

Yes im in seaham county durham. I seen the same object at about 9.20pm travelling south. I see a lot of lanterns aroind here and it definately wasnt one of them. Looked like a very large star. Bright white no flickering or flashing lights. Silent and moving south.

Same here.Last night was no lantern.This was bright white with no flickering.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Hi - yea it was west to east - would it be really quite bright then, the ISS ?

I bet thats what it was.
Cheers

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I am in New Brunswick, Canada

I was in my backyard Sunday night about 9:40pm, and saw a bright light move across the sky, I stared at it then it went behind my house ( I should say the house was in the way of my line of sight).
After that I could not find it.

Aircraft have blinking lights and are not as bright as what I saw, this was not blinking.

Is was moving west to east, somewhat on the airport trajectory.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

If it was the iss then wow. I didnt think we could see it that big and bright?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I thought what I saw last night could have been the iss but it dissapeared half way across the sky.A couple of seconds later was a definite satelite heading in a similar direction a lot higher and dimmer but I could see this right to the horizon.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yep, after Venus the ISS is about the brightest thing you'll see in the sky.
It does look like something in the atmosphere, it's so apparently big and bright.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The object was definitely not the iss, it was much lower than a plane usually is when they approach from my left side. This is above a tree line that runs perpendicular to the A19 which behind my house. I am in the small village of whitley bridge near selby. And When i first saw it, it was under 10k feet then by the time i grabbed my phone from my pocket it was much much higher.

The object was a bright white light slowly floating horizontally until it shot up quickly and disappeared into the sky. It was much much too fast and not orange for a lantern and without a doubt too low initially to be the iss. I watched it go to the stars, literally as it is a clear night and I see a lot of stars especially a quite bright one of which I will not attempt to guess the name.

I will put the video up tomorrow which is only 20 seconds long but I got what I could. If it's explainable, fair enough, I am not trying to convince anyone of anything I just want to correlate the experience to further understand what I saw because it honestly shocked and excited me.

Darkjedig

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
We live in South-East USA. My family and I have seen the exact thing you are describing. It is very bright, in the same area (but different location) every night since Sunday 10 p.m..

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARKJEDIG
And When i first saw it, it was under 10k feet...

Just as a point of interest, how did you determine the size and distance of the light? Without an idea of how far away a light source is, judging altitude is impossible and can be downright deceiving.

What altitude would you guess the light source of this video is traveling at?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

I could quite easily judge the height due to the size of the object in relation to the surroundings, and the size of the object once it shot upwards. Apart from this, the object Was underneath and wayyyy lower than the stars that were out and was travelling at an angle along the horizon that was different to any other object around. I will take a picture of my viewing point and draw the trajectory and if it could still be the iss from my picture and video then I will be open to the possibility, but what I saw in my mind was on a path and at a height that was not a celestial object.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I uploaded the video but it doesn't play on my machine through quicktime. Maybe it will for you:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Everything looks a lot smaller through the camera than it did to the naked eye. I tried to get in the velux to show it was moving. Here is the image also, so you can see the general sighting as I did.

If the ISS would have looked like this and gone the same way then maybe it could have been that, I just thought it was big. To everyone else who have/has been seeing similar, keep your eyes to the skies! I have seen so many lately, I am charging my video camera now to see what I can get. I saw one so low the other week when I was driving my friend home, it was just floating silently across the road.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a4e5cd1ff70.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I'd just like to add that on the 7th of August a UFO was spotted over York, North Yorkshire at approx 23:15 from the accounts related to me by the 2 people that I know who saw this it was described as.

A light that was not noticable until it accelerated from standing to over the horizon in under 2 seconds.

I asked could it have been a shooting star to which they replied impossible as the light was static for some time, 1 of the people is an amateur astromoner and he says he has never seen or heard of any natural phenomena that behaved such as this. He estimates roughly that if the observable horizon of an object in the atmosphere is 20 to 80km on a clear night that its minimum velocity was 10km per second. Thats all I know but I'd just like report the facts here. So who knows really I'm at a loss to explain this and so are they, also they had the impression that this object was large.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by _selectThis_

A light that was not noticable until it accelerated from standing to over the horizon in under 2 seconds.

I asked could it have been a shooting star to which they replied impossible as the light was static for some time, 1 of the people is an amateur astromoner and he says he has never seen or heard of any natural phenomena that behaved such as this. He estimates roughly that if the observable horizon of an object in the atmosphere is 20 to 80km on a clear night that its minimum velocity was 10km per second. Thats all I know but I'd just like report the facts here. So who knows really I'm at a loss to explain this and so are they, also they had the impression that this object was large.

I have not seen many reports like this so I wanted to ad my story. This event for me has always been a very big deal. For me I have no doubt there is something else at play beyond what we humans can do because I know for sure what I saw and so did my friend who was with me. We have tried ever since trying to come up with other explinations but what happened is simply not possible.

Ok so in the mid 90s my friend and I were sitting in a field in between our houses. It was about 10:45ish pm if memory serves. I was looking straight forward and my friend was looking down at the ground as there were suddenly two fast blue flashes. From where I was looking I could see all the way across town like daytime except everything was blue.

We both instanly looked straight up and almost directly above us was a solid white orb like a white star only from our estimates it was btween 50 and 300 feet up and very big. I think it was about 50 feet up myself my friend thinks it was higher but no more than 300. The orb was stationary for a few seconds and while it was we got a pretty decent look at it.

We could see little bands of what looked like electricity in movement but had a redish tint to it coursing across the orb at first. These were not very easy to see but the object was so close that we were able to make them out clearly. Also something else I always thought was strange the object was solid and very bright white light, and it was very large and close but it didn't seem to give off light like it should have. It is hard to explain but for as bright as it looked it was easy to look at.

So the object after a few seconds suddenly instantly shot off out of view. When it did this it went from zero to being gone in and instant but left a large thick tail the width of the object itself behind which stayed another second before following after it. It looked very warp driveish from star trek. There was also a slight curve to the tail like the object was turning at that speed as well. The light just barely cleared the tree line about a quarter mile from where we were.

We then ran and told some people one of which was a local sherif who we knew. He had seen the blue flashes and the next day he told us they ended up getting a bunch of reports of the same orb from many locals.

I have my ideas about what much of the event was due to being so close and seeing some possibly key details but I don't care to go into that however what we saw went from stationary to some rediculous speed in an instant. If it hadn't been stationary I would think meteorite but what we saw was plain as day.

On a side note my friend I was with has spent his life seeing incredable things like this and there is most always someone else with him which helps add to his credability not that he needs it, to those that know him he is the most honest person we know.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Its nice to hear everyone else's sightings, many of which seem similar to mine. I am slowly starting to believe that North Yorkshire is a hotspot! I used to see UFO's all the time when I lived in Florida, but not here in England until about the past year. I am seeing things now all the time which is why I am going to keep my camcorder by my side!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join