It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Why do we have to pay to live on a planet we were born on?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by brutalsun
Why do I have to pay for things that are necessary to life? I'm not talking about extravagances I'm talking about the 4 basics; shelter, water, food, fire(warmth).

If you do not pay for them who does? Or do you think society should support parasites!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

In a million and one ways you pay to live on this planet, you're just not aware of it.

Research.

Please watch the video.

Thank you for your valuable input.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think it all comes down to "the herd is more important than the individual".

We've all "given up" our independence and individuality for the survival of the group.

But even this has been trumped by the elite. Its all for the parasite now!

I wonder what good their money and gold will be when there's no one to pick their food for free?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

Star for you.............you're aware and asking the right questions.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

there are still so many unoccupied places.

You are misinformed and swallowing the corporate kool aid.

I am actually on your side.

Do some serious research, watch the video and get back to us.

Your input is valuable.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

If there are so many unoccupied places, why don't you move there?

What am I misinformed about?

What corporate kool aid am I drinking?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by tigpoppa

Originally the water on this planet was fresh and clean. My girlfriends grandfather lived off of the water from a creek in his back yard for years, until it started to show signs of mercury, arsenic and pesticides (which he was an organic farmer). My friend's grandfather lived to 96. (he was an American Indian)
You and I have a choice, keep allowing this bs to continue or to demand and help work towards a new better system of doing things.

Please watch the entire video and then come back with your comments.

Respectfully,
OfHumanDescent.

I dont disagree with you at all, I completely agree. But things being what they are were stuck. Cant stop the use of them now. If it wasnt one thing polluting the water it would be something else like the bacteria that require no pollution at all but still need to be purified. Also the pipes and stuff they wont create themselves it takes people power. People of course they like to eat and drink and be merry so giving them money is a plus.

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

So find a remote location where you can live off the land.

Having trouble finding one? Then welcome to the problem the rest of us face. Welcome to civilization.

No worries, you dont need some remote location and you dont need to live like one of the mole people. I live in the city but when I lived in the suburbs people did this, its not hard to put out the barrels for a filtration systems or get solar power. In fact the government pays you for any energy you return to the system you dont use. Also they offer big disounts on buying that energy independent stuff, so check it out you will be surprised you can do it in your own backyard. Though you better check with your landlord or condo association before you start tearing down their buildings if you live in an apartment or condo.

Originally posted by g146541
I do not pay to live on this planet.
I pay "apparently" live in this colony called the U.S.
They "allegedly" provide safety and resources.

The money goes towards other things too. For example your money pays to keep me in the status of living I have become accustomed to. Is it right or wrong? well thats a debate for another thread. The thing is you pay to have people sweep my streets and police my streets. I live in an exclusive part of the city and there are no street sweepers or cops walking around any other part of the city except here. If you were not paying it people like me would leave and then busboys, sales clerks, then farmers would lose jobs. So its more like an investment to have people like us around. That is why we also shouldnt have to pay taxes because we take care of ourselves. I dont know if that is fair, but it is what it is at the end of the day and nothing I can do will change that, so if you want to argue then do it with TPTB cause its way out of my hands so arguing with me about it would be futile. besides I am friendly, if I met ya I would buy you a drink to have that conversation. I go out sometimes and give away so much money to the homeless people by the time I get to where I am eating I have no pocket money left, haha.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by tigpoppa]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The industrial age brought about a total loss of self-sufficiency and greed and corruption. The path this age took has not always been productive. It's made us more comfortable, but hasn't benefitted the earth or people in the long run. No new innovations have come about. It seems in that way, we are still in a dark age or one is coming. We need new energy sources and a cleaner and more efficient way of living.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
what saddens me the most, is how people react, when confronted to a glimpse of the truth, it really makes me wonder, on the way we hold ideas in such high regard, ideas like nation, politics, war, peace, freedom, self.
We get angry, and insulted, immediately the mind comes up with oppositions and ignorant gut skepticism, our ideas cage us inside even more limited worldviews of black and white in eternity's limitless spectrum!

It really is the hardest most easy thing in the world, changing ones worldview changes our reality tunnel, every change counts!

We the "western society" have lost so much in exchange for so little, we now have even less left.
But balance must come from somewhere, the ones that dare, the ones that are aware, it does not matter if we are 5 or a million, a focused will can exert power over the confused and scared almost every time, I'm tired, let all that can use the same techniques they apply to us to bend and frighten to change and enlighten with humanity's true potentials.

Thanks for the post OP, this has to get out, more need to at least become aware that in the battle for reality, one can indeed choose sides, lets choose the most difficult path, the one with all the obstacles, so while overcoming them, we unlock our real potential, and achieve that which we were meant to, not this sad state of things...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I will 1st assume that you are willing to work hard to feed, clothe and house yourself.

If there was arable land that could be taken from someone else and given to you and property taxes were repealed then you wouldn't have to. unfortunately the land is owned by someone and property tax is a fact of life in the civilized world.

Buy property in a country without property taxes and you'll be good to go. Unfortunately it will likely be a country without effective police protection,... no tax base to support, so you will also need to personally protect your property and life. Sounds like a challenge for sure, but if you're up for it best of luck.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Who in the F owns the water, the seas, the air, the sky, the dirt - it should belong to all of us - who came along and claimed, "this is mine".

Sounds great on the surface, communal ownership. Read up on the tragedy of the commons and you will see why this doesn't work to well in practice.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Edit to add: This link gave me the courage to speak up.

I feel very privileged to star your very wise and asute post. Thank you for your input.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog30

Because my husband makes $100,000 usa dollars a year.

My job has been outsourced as of August 31, 2010, I use to draw in (Unitl 8/31/10` - 43,000 A YEAR)

So you are looking at 143,000 per year - do y0u make that?

Lets talk numbers big shot..................

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Whats with the big shot stuff?

All I did was ask a question...

And yes I make more than that...

$143,000 sounds like a decent month for me.

What do you want to compare next?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Who builds the roads you drive on?
Who gives you water to drink from the tap?
Who gives the plumbing system through out the city / town you live in??

Tax payers. We ALL contribute to this. So if you disagree with paying for this, then go live in the bush!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
this is exactly what I meant, why get all on the defensive, why the need to put up defenses when other points of view are established, we are all on the same side, some say, "yeah there is a problem, but what are you going to do about it, this is reality, and it couldn't work any other way, sad but true, this is all there is" well, the moment we realize that our words define the extent of our reach in this so called "reality" ,that our thoughts put fences where there are none, and that our behavior can and is controlled to serve some foreign purposes.

We allow so little to enter our thought space, we comprehend even less, we'd rather be comfortably numb than proactively weary, I don't see why we'd rather settle in our seats than jump off the flaming buss to the abyss!!

We know very little about anything, in a universal context planet earth is but a speck of dust in eternity's carpet, but even so, I'd rather have good neighbors that bad ones, I'd rather be a fully responsible human than a reckless comfortable one that knows that my so called stability is but smoke and mirrors!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Okay ATS members, why in sam hell do we have to pay to live on a planet we were born on.

its very simple....

www.census.gov...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by g146541

In a million and one ways you pay to live on this planet, you're just not aware of it.

Research.

Please watch the video.

Thank you for your valuable input.

I have indeed watched the entire one hour forty three minute forty one second presentation by Alex Collier. One sentence ref "why do we pay to live on a planet we are born on ? " This comes from a man who spends the balance of his one hour forty three minute thirty six seconds claiming " This is coming direct from the Andromedans "
He states the REAL powers that be are not human. In 1999 ( Different presentation) he states he was taken to their planet. NOW they mentor him, he asks questions, and they kinda give him answers, kinda.
Sorry ! I simply can not accept solutions for humanities difficulties from Mr Collier.
I am also acutely aware of how we are being manipulated. I am financially comfortable and am thankful I can pay the piper when collection is due.
Besides posting on the internet what do you brave souls have in mind to combat our Evil Alien Overlords ? < That is actually a serious question.
PS.
I can not get a response from my alleged representative ( Diana DeGette ) how am I suppose to kick an Aliens ass ?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

Thank you. I can give but a star for your time watching and summarizing the video.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by brutalsun
I've always pondered the same question. Why do I have to pay for things that are necessary to life? I'm not talking about extravagances I'm talking about the 4 basics; shelter, water, food, fire(warmth).

You pondered this and couldn't think of an answer?

Shelter, water, food and warmth has to be created by people, this means resources, it means human labour, time and effort. In return for their effort they want something and in our society this is most often money. People don't want to spend their entire lives working for free, that would make them slaves and that is why slaves were often whipped and beaten, to make them work.

You sound as if you think everything should be given to you for free. I hate to tell you this but you could walk out of your house/flat right now and live a life as a homeless person and get everything you desire. Free shelter in a forest somewhere, free food from the wild, water from stream and fallen wood for fire.

The reason you don't like this is because it's a hard life and this is the basis of trade. Some people work to produce food, they sell that produce and get other things they need from you to make their lives better. In the end we all provide services to one another and everyones life gets a little bit easier.

That is why things are not free.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join