It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Get Bulletproof

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

During a TSHTF situation armored vehicles I would feel would be availabe already like:abandon police-military and money trucks. I think the money trucks may be easier to get hold of depending. But if 1 is really determined I think 1 should be able to get a secured truck built and allready to go. The main thing is locating the keys or having someone around who can hotwire you a ride. As far as gear goes. Again scavange around during these moments of destruction and get you a few VEST AND SUITS. I have investigated GRAINGER for N.B.C. SUITS as well so there are various outlets to get what you need. VEST are located at various sport outlets but mainly at UNIFORM DISTRIBUTION PLACES FOR MILITARY AND LAW ENFORCEMENT. Guess you just got to have all your potential locations SPOTTED and sit and wait for the worst. Otherwise live life for TSHTF situation may cause all vehicles to be rendered usless from EMP WAVE from either solar activity or unnatural nuclear activity. Remember the SHTF situation can include potential new weapons that no BP VEST OR ARMORED VEHICLE CAN WITHSTAND. If you spot a ARMORED 18 WHEELER WAGON TRAIN sorta like RESIDENT EVIL SET UP we will pick you up (if you are SICK or TURNED then we will put you down quick) Be safe and good luck.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
The best way to be bulletproof is to never have them shoot at you. Learn how to camouflage yourself and move silently.

If you must get a helmet (kevlar - much lighter and stronger than steel) and a bulletproof vest (which will only stop small arms rounds).

Your best protection is to not get shot at.

Yeah this is good info, a ghillie will often do more to keep you
alive than anything else.

Body armor helps, but it does not cover everything to be sure.

Kevlar will not hold up to rifle rounds thou, it is just flak rated.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Tribute to a pioner of homemade body armor.

p.s That truck is friggen sweet, what a beast.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

haha Ned Kelly.

That helmet looks so uncomfortable.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
BURN NOTICE

the survival/life guide for ATS members

thats all I have to say!!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Truly there is no such thing as "Bulletproof" and in order to provide yourself with enough body protection to be able to shrug off most in coming fire, you would reduce yourself to a snails pace or worse.
Best off to go with Kevlar or spectrashield and just run like heck.

reply to post by Big Raging Loner

MMMMMMM chicks and guns, kerry is hot without one though.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I suppose something like SWAT Riot Gear would be best. It's not as heavy as actual steel or some crazy super heavy body armour. It provides basic protection but still lets you be mobile.

Obviously it depends on what actually happens but people forget that wearing armour is a huge drain on you if you're not used to it. Even when you are used to it, it'll take a lot of extra energy.

If you buy an armoured vehicle, you'll guzzle fuel like crazy. You will need a huge supply of stored fuel to get anywhere with it. It does make an excellent, short term escape vehicle to get out of cities because of its strength. But it will be difficult to maintain if you're planning to drive across very large distances. East to west coast of the US for example.

I would convert it into a command center type structure in your main hideout after that. It would make a great shelter but you will need to camouflage it well unless you want to get trapped inside.

When it comes to protection, stealth can prevent you from getting hit. Wearing heavy and loud armour might protect you from damage, but you wont be able to get away. If you're dealing with a group of bad guys, even a fully automatic wont save you. Also, ammo runs out.

Just things to consider.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I actually started doing this to my Nissan Titan, but then I got rid of it. It is fairly easy to bulletproof the vehicle, especially if you don't mind never opening the windows.

A couple of key points. 1. Layers. Many thin layers are far better than one thick later. 2. Flexibility. Many people make mistakes by trying to make something solid. We want to "absorb" and "transfer" energy, we don't want to resist it. 3. Hardness to fracture bullets. Fracturing the bullet transfers the energy in many directions. 4. Hard, brittle material should be on the outside, while the flexible layered material should be on the inside. The act of shattering is a wonderful way to dissipate energy, and this allows less of the more expensive Kevlar or Lexan layers.

Keeping all of that in mind. Kevlar is not all that expensive, and it does not require any special licenses. I know a woman that makes Kevlar purses, they are a little heavy, but it is an awesome concept.

For the vehicle, I recommend the small premade ceramic tiles that are connected by strings. They are a little heavy. They can be glued inside door panels and body panels in the car. A combination of these tiles and many layers of Kevlar would be ideal. You should use a type of glue that retains some elasticity. The vehicle has to be able to handle the extra weight, so a truck or SUV is your best bet.

It is difficult to do a thorough job and still have the windows be functional, so if you don't mind losing the functionality of the windows, then you can bullet proof them as well.

Lexan, Tuffak or Cyrolon
k-mac-plastics.com...

[edit on 30-8-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarrok
Hey guys, I've got a better idea!

We all need to get together and find a bunch of engineers so we can start construction on this:

vonbrrr.Deviantart.com

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67bc86fdd866.jpg[/atsimg]

Come on... you know you want to...

We can still ask Keri to join us with her .50 cal!

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Tarrok]

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Tarrok]

I always asked why we haven't build landships yet. I mean just a massive frigate on wheels would be awesome.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

lol yeah kari byron is pretty damn good with most types of fire arms even b4 the whole mythbusters show my sister and (later me) went to the same highschool she was alwase going up to the mountians and popping off a few rounds

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

You could protect them with countermeasure systems against air strikes and missiles.

The problem is mobility, mainly. They would break the roads they drive on. I also don't know good they would be on inclines. How are you going to deploy them? There's a lack of infrastructure to use these types of vehicles on the modern battlefield.

At least right now.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

i LOVE the hummer
i want one

about the bulletproof vest ... it can be very expensive
if you have the $$$ you can buy of of these
[url=http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2007/05/new_material_fo/]new material for bullet proof vest

how you can buy a reinforce shark chain vest
and reinforce it with phone 4 books glued on you chest
no bullet will be able to go through

from my part if i go one day film in Irak i might wear one lol
but im not scare by bullets .. if im hit .. well im hit

if there is riot in the street and people are shooting themself for food
i might homemade a bullet proof vest

sandf by the way
great idea for a thread

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

hey thats a Emperor Overlord from C&C Generals

love those tanks .. they can be upgrade with a automatic turret, propaganda tower and a marine bunker
they can fire with their double barrel 2 highly explosives DU shell

if somebody one day make those ... and skynet take the control
we are all dead

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Whats a shark chain vest??

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by Ben81

Whats a shark chain vest??

its a protective vest against the fish teeths

even sharks teeth.. butchers usualy have small ones on the hands

and knights had those in the past to protect again swords
some vest like these can protect the guy from a coming bullet
but at point blank range .. cant tell you if it will work

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
ohh man I really want these:

You can turn any junky old car into a freakn tank with those.

I was worried about my tyres getting shot out too, wouldnt be concerned if I had this baby grinding away underneath.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
There was a guy in 2004 in Colorado, USA named Marvin Heemeyer.

[sorry I cannot seem to figure out how to post the youtube video. There are dozens of this incident. Link is

here

He owned a small business and the local robber baron wanted to shut him down to buy his land for cheap. The antagonist used his authority at city hall to wipe Heemeyer out financially.

H. still had one bulldozer that worked, he bullet-proofed it by using cement that he cast around it in steel forms.

His "kill dozer" survived three explosives planted by swat teams, and over 200 rounds of police ammo fired at it. Heemeyer killed himself when his dozer got trapped in the rubble of city hall after he raised it, if I remember right.

edit on 24-9-2010 by dr_strangecraft because: because this genius-patriot cannot find the file number on a youtube video with a flashlight and a search warrant

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

haha that is an incredible story. Truly inspiring

Its so funny how slow it moves, like slow death looming towards you! I bet the guy inside couldnt wipe the grin off his face lol

edit on 24-9-2010 by rajaten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

ur this one cgi.ebay.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by meteoritics

Thats a bargain. If only I could afford shipping costs out of the UK.

Might have to improvise with some metal plates

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join