It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyperdeflation Has Begun

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hyperdeflation has begun, here is an example- check link. Be sure to use the scroll bar at the bottom for more prices.

www.kmart.com... 1&prdNo=1

These were just reduced today

[edit on 28-8-2010 by prophecywatcher]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The Weslo Pro 10.8X Recumbent Exercise Cycle was originally priced at $259.99 and is now $42.25 I think the end is near. Thee end...of obesity. Seriously, what's the point of this thread?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Honestly, have you ever seen one for that low of a price?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

Have you ever seen a treadmill that was $359.00, I think it was, marked down to $59.00 new?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
could just be last years models and they have to clear it out to bring in the new ones wih the built in fridges and microwaves

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

Just like one fuzzy orb of light on a cellphone camera is not proof of an alien conspiracy; this is not proof of anything. "HyperDEflation" would require a myriad of factors to come together to revalue the dollar. None of those factors have been met.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Walmart does the same thing. It works like this:

The buyers of K-mart bought so many thousand of these bikes from the manufacturer. They sold enough of them to make the money back plus turn tidy profit. The bikes that are left over are pure profit. They need floor space for something else they got a deal on and its best to blow them out. They are not losing a dime but still making money selling them way less than what they bought them for because they already made profit plus on the others they sold.

All too easy.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

You'e right this is just one example, I will continue to look for others to see if this is really what is happening. But the financial news has not been good lately, especially within the last couple of days.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I know that they tried to run several different sales to push these same items, and they just wouldn't go. They even tried a half price one day only sale, with no buyers.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Other items not.
I just checked MP3 players....Same price as last year.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Yeah, I know, but this could be the start of it. Who knows MP3's could be next.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It seems like the pages is down, so you might not be able to access the link. To sum it up there was a $359.00 treadmill marked down to $57.00 and a $269.00 exercise bike marked down to $42.45. There was also a $169.00 one marked down to $29.00. Clearing inventory or price deflation?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
Clearing inventory or price deflation?

Or a listing mistake.

Your optimism is adorable but you are not seeing deflation, hyper or otherwise.

[edit on 8/28/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I would believe in all the small things little angels say and do. Why have millions of dollars to buy a loaf of bread when it should only take fractions of cent?

[edit on 28-8-2010 by ben91069]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I actually called them, and it isn't a mistake. In fact there are at least three items on that page that are marked way down.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
reply to post by eNumbra

I actually called them, and it isn't a mistake.

So then why was the page removed?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It's basic seasonal factors. People aren't going to use treadmills at this time of year because they can run outside in the lovely Summer weather. Plus they need to clear floorspace for the Halloween/Christmas displays which will shortly be coming. So they need to get rid of this excess stock quickly.

Come January, after we've all put on weight over the festivities, they'll be back on display again at their usual price ... and they'll shift tons of them.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

That doesn't make sense because they were just reduced today and the summer season is officially over. It seems like they would keep the price up for Christmas, and they already have a seasonal department.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

The page wasn't removed. People got wind of the low prices and probably bogged down the system.

This is an example of what would happen when hyperdeflation hits. But on a much larger scale of course and something I will continue to watch for.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
See what you want to see.

I'm done here.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join