It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Sinner' singer given 39 lashes by rabbis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

'Sinner' singer given 39 lashes by rabbis

www.jpost.com

A singer who performed in front of a “mixed audience” of men and women was lashed 39 times to make him “repent,” after a ruling by a self-described rabbinic court on Wednesday.

Rabbi Amnon Yitzhak, founder of the Shofar organization aimed at bringing Jews “back to religion” (hazara betshuva), has made it his recent mission to fight against musical performances for both men and women.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Just when you think that things can’t get worse…..meh! These people cannot claim any moral superiority to the Taliban it seems.

In a video clip of the court posted on the Shofar Web site, Ben Zion said that those who make others sin (mahtiei rabim), such as artists who make men and women attend performances or dance together, have no place in the world to come.

So much for the only democracy in the Middle East lol. Fact is Israel is still ruled by extreme rules of Torah and follows it just it does not get mentioned openly in main stream media.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thing is, these crazies seem to be gaining more ground all the time.

I saw an article posted somewhere just the other day about the director of one of the transport operators in Israel calling for gender segregation on public transport. Some of these bozos already expect women to sit at the rear of the bus.

Seriously, they are no better than any other religious nutjobs, using thier own brand, or interpretation of, religion to subjugate others. With religious rule, there can be no peace or democracy as they are totally at odds to what the religious fundamentalists want, which is power. That makes them no better than any other tyrants throughout the ages, using violence and fear to control the masses.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
fundamentalist rabbis = fundamentalist muslims = fundamentalist christians

they're all pretty much the same ....its just that in the US they cant do lashings, hangings, and cutting off of hands like they can over there.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Someone please inform them that we are living in

2010 AD

and not in

1010 BC

Excuse post, its just so stupid that i refuse to even engage let alone stimulate brain activity to try and comprehend this barbaric behavior.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by tristar]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Do we honestly need more religious fundamentalism in the middle east? These Fundies are a bunch of clowns!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I agree that these people are no better then the talaban.
According to the source article the lashing did occur, but what was not made clear is weather they were ordered by the state of it it was done so and carried out by some self riches religious group with no state power.
I have said this before and I will say it again, never let a religious doctrine govern a society.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

People are still so deeply asleep.

Where is the Unconditional Love for everyone? Do people not see that they were born with a core to their very being - FREE WILL?

Masses being controlled by fear and not realizing that there is nothing to fear at all, no judgement, no eternal agony, no separation.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
No, they are much worse than the Taliban. The Taliban do not try to hide their beliefs from anyone. Whereas Zionist scum try to appear like liberal free thinkers to the world when in reality they want to enslave everyone in their Talmudic fantasies.
Also the majority of the people of Afghanistan chose want the Taliban as their leaders.
Do you really think a country full of gun wielding citizens would not overthrow a government they didn't want? That's the misconception the MSM would have us believe.
No, the only country with citizens that are armed and which allows a dictatorial government is in fact the good old USA.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prince Of Darkness
has made it his recent mission to fight against musical performances for both men and women.

Screw this turkey then. He's jealous that the performance draws more people than his religious services and wants to eliminate the competition. Music does far more positive things for society than his religion (which apparently employs violence to achieve its goals).

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It's a very sad fact of life that groups of people round the world still conduct these misguided acts of justice. however don't let these situations speak for all muslims or the faith in general.

No matter where you go, whichever country or religion, there will always be those that choose to misinterpret the ''teachings of god'' and misguide those around them through fear or lies. There are many muslim citys where this wouldnt happen and many muslim men i'm sure would hate seeing this happen.

Take a look even to what has been done in the name of Christianity over time, surely no-one can denounce the atrositys that have happend there, yet i'd hope that would not bring hate against good men i know to be christians and would choose to have no part in such ideas.

Point being, everyone is different, no matter their faith, dont let someone else's actions speak for anyone else but them.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Invisus

These were Jewish rabbis that conducted the lashings, not muslims.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I just noticed that this thread had 9 replies and 11 flags, so i thought id change that.

This is really turning into a world of morons. When will the "common" people stop following their leaders and follow logical conclusion, leaders arent logical, theyre just logs. which means you can sit on them, its not comfortable but you can. See people who are oppressed, your leaders might have armies and police and gas masks while you dont, but still, what happened to the spirit of pilling a crowd on top of crowd until the bad moronic leaders are taken out, i mean c'mon humanity. How long do rational hard working people have to suffer before they finally snap, and ussually on some innocent people, giving leaders more power to take yours away. THis is how these scumbags work to get power over the masses, to make lots of money. then go hide somewhere while you the servants fight and die for a lost cause. which is every cause.

besides, music isnt evil, our own planet produces sound, every planet does, these priests are just idiots. we can dance if we want to, we can leave you all behind

[edit on 28-8-2010 by trutherman]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

my bad, you get the point though

2nd line

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Invisus

I do. These idiots are not representative of the religion as a whole.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Not really
you missed out the fact that these Rabbis are the chosen people hence
these acts means nothing

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Someone please inform them that we are living in

2010 AD

and not in

1010 BC

Excuse post, its just so stupid that i refuse to even engage let alone stimulate brain activity to try and comprehend this barbaric behavior.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by tristar]

Its all the same, NWO is about trying to send us all back this ultra religious control and I can't forget watching a video by someone called commander x about plans for this marriage of fundamental christianity with courts.

Sorry, I'd rather the sun supernova'd!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Oh and the middle east always has a double standard about women in any case, though in this case, I love this artform, but have always wondered at why they don't all get horsewhipped for daring to do this in pubic.

Nadia Iran/Sweden bellydance part I

iranian festival ((oriental Belly dancer in Toronto))

Sigal Ziv - Tribal Fusion Belly Dance - Israel

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

Instead of comparing them to the Taliban you should at least think for couple of seconds and try to tell us why you think what they are doing is wrong.

That way we can have a discussion rather than a rant.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Religions thinking they have the right to corprally punish anyone. A religion is but a philosophical concept, and we don't all share them.

Religions thinking they can control or subjegate women!!!!

This is identical to the taliban, in our world, they would be the ones visibly behaving like primitives from thousands of years ago.

Its time to grow up and ASAP.

NWO loves this kind of stuff. Its right up their alley. They can traverse the cosmos with advanced crafts and humans/serfs/slaves are sent back to the stone age. Its a massive ego trip for them.

Not going to happen. That rabbi should be charged with assault, and even more.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Unity_99]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join