It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RCMP to detail Ottawa terrorist offences arrests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

www.cbc.ca

Last Updated: Thursday, August 26, 2010 | 7:41 AM ET
More details are expected to emerge Thursday when the RCMP talk about two men arrested in Ottawa on "terrorist offences."

No charges have been announced, and police have refused to discuss the arrests in advance of a press conference set for 1 p.m. ET, when more information on charges and the suspects is expected.

Both men are due in court Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cyberpresse.ca
[url=http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/08/25/canadian-police-arrest-couple-terrorism-related-charges-offer-details/?test=latestnews]www.foxnews.com[ /url]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I looked around ATS and couldn't find any mention of this story.

It looks to me like the RCMP and CSIS have been doing their job well. Rumour and other media sources have it that they intended to bomb our Parliament Buildings, in Ottawa.

Looking forward to the details that are expected later today.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Great find S+F

My mother is RCMP so I've known for a while, since the parliament is being renovated, they've caught on to a few plots. Canada's doing very well catching Terrorists no need to fear the Mounties are here. We just like to tell the public late and avoid Fear mongering, we like peace. Especially in Ottawa, love my home town Go Sens Go!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Funny, when you get down to it,
our terrorists don't usually even amount to really being terrorists.
But raises must be justified, Policies ramed through, and non existant laws
must have reasons to exist...
Oh wait, I am for honest, responsible, representational, law abiding government,...
Guess I am not on their good list...

Ever since those Cops were caught admittedly pretending to be protestors causing violence at Montebello, I automatically will never believe a word they have to say...

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

What does a terrorist need to do to be classified as REAL. The "leader" was found to have explosives and the other is charged with conspiracy to commit a terrorist act. Do they actually have to set them in place or arm the explosives before the police react?

Danbones, What does really being a terrorist mean to you?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Very scary stuff! Ty OP for the heads up.

It's all over the news now in Canada. Thank God, the RCMP caught the terrorists b4 hand. Good work RCMP! Some more info can be found:

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by palg1

Originally posted by Danbones

What does a terrorist need to do to be classified as REAL. The "leader" was found to have explosives and the other is charged with conspiracy to commit a terrorist act. Do they actually have to set them in place or arm the explosives before the police react?

Danbones, What does really being a terrorist mean to you?

RCMP leader called the thousands of activists at the G20 summit "terrorists" and said they should all be hunted down and put in jail. This a democracy where if a government steps out of line, the people are supposed to put the government in its place.

I wonder if there if there is a coincidence that the RCMP labels activists as terrorists and Day's announcement to spend billions on building new jails for "unreported crimes"

The RCMP investigates itself whenever the public demands answers from their violent actions and usually all bad RCMP incidents are misreported in the media and then eventually swept under the carpet leading to no responsibility on their part. No wonder why nobody has faith in our worthless government.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I don’t trust the RCMP or CSIS anymore than I would trust the MI6 or the CIA.
To get a detailed overview of the last phony terror attempt in Canada known as the “Toronto 18” where 18 young Muslims got arrested in 2006 and charged with taking steps to acquire components to build a bomb:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

You didn't answer the question.....

How do you define being a terrorist?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

Umm, 11 of those 18 were convicted! A jury of their peers, not the RCMP or CSIS put them away.

I work closely with both of those organizations and I can tell you that those people do not fabricate intelligence in order to make political points or to justify funding. They gather information, analyze all of it individually and as a whole and only then compile the whole into a report which they believe is the closest to the truth. These analyst do a very good job and I commend them for it.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

CSIS and RCMP do things for a reason I trust that reason. They hire people on contract to look at material and do over views on it. Totally agree with you palg1.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

[I work closely with both of those organizations

Well that explains it... and also explains this thread

[edit on 27-8-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

No it doesn't. I work closely with but am not part of those orgs. I know how they work is all. Your assumption don't amount to much in this case.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

No it doesn't. I work closely with but am not part of those orgs.

Ya and I live on the moon...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Actually, RCMP and CSIS both hire on contract through companies, they post job offerings on a site where companies can bid on them then they choose the company. It keeps things fair the jobs go to those more qualified. Its called an RFP/RFQ (Request for Proposal/Qualification) one or more companies is selected if more than one is selected they narrow down the competitors and conduct interviews with the companies.

So Palg1 could be an employee of a firm that is hired on contract. Very much like I am.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara

Actually, RCMP and CSIS both hire on contract through companies,

Ya I know... and I also know that bloggers who post threads and posts trumpeting the virtues of the state are the state.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

have they been convicted yet?
because till then the cops word means nothing.
As ex attourney genearal Pierre Blais has said after holding a man without charge for three years in solitary confinement:
"the truth is no defence"
thats terrorism

As far as what I believe is terrorism:
Causing violence while dressed up as protestors, and lying about it till there was no choice but to admitt to it, because of overwhelming eviddence, as is what heppened at montebello...
thats terrorism.
or was that too plain in my original post...

remember the last batch of terroists?
oh yeah, they didn't even have fertilizer...let alone bombs

I define "terrorist"as 'residential school"
now thats real terroism in fact, its considered genocide against children.
by the Protestant and catholic churches and as admitted to by Harper...
now that's TERRORISM
and paid for by taxes no less.

we have never even bothered to prove who killed the 24 people killed at 911, but we are in afghanistan.
they offered to turn OBL in to justice, all they required was proof...was proof offered?
NO
there is none.
OBL has never been Indicted, because there is no proof
but the CIA has admitted to faking OBL vids to make him appear guilty.

Ill wait for justice to run its course in public
before I judge the people guilty.
thats the Canadian way.
to do less, would be less.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So since I support them, that makes me government?

quite the jump there. I'm a 19 year old studying psychology, not a government worker paid to convince the sheeple. I have a summer job as a secretary at a firm that deal with the government.

Really you need to stop being so paranoid thinking everyone who works government is disinfo. Oh I can just picture the response to this "you are disinfo!!" Well believe what you will. I am not and I highly doubt Palg1 is.

ever think the government makes you think they are watching you trying to get you to do what they want. Maybe a little reverse psychology?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara

So since I support them, that makes me government?

That's correct

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Riiight of course forgive me for not knowing what my job is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join