It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibirus, Pole Shifts, Supervolcanoes, Oh My!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I am very confused. Supposedly, every thing that could possibly go wrong with this planet is ALL supposed to happen in... 2012. Why?

I've seen the Youtube videos and the sketchy websites claiming Armageddon is upon us, but this just isn't enough to persuade me! I know the world state right now is bad, that much is obvious, but if TPTB have controlled media, religion, governments, and in some cases conspiracy theories, why would people look to media, religion, governments, and conspiracy theories for their answers?

Hollywood and television channels constantly fear-monger 2012. Controlled.
Various religions have predicted apocalypse including the signs for them. Controlled.
Governments are supposed to disclose extraterrestrial contact. Controlled.
Conspiracy theories like Nibiru/Planet X claim to have proof for the end of the world. Controlled.

Where is the evidence to back this up (other than historical texts which have been controlled and manipulated)? I'm very open minded, but I'm not a fool and it seems like there's a Grand Deception going on...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

There is no evidence. It's all a bunch of New Age charlatans and doomsayers trying to make money off of the 2012 date. Unfortunately for them, the only support from this date comes from one of the Mayan long count calendars we have found. Others go on for much longer, and the 2012 date is merely one that has been theorized amongst others. No other historical document I have come across has mentioned December 21, 2012 specifically and as of yet no one has been able to provide me with one. In the end it is just a combination of bad science and money making tactics.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

It isn't just about Earth is what you must remember, it's part of a universal change...

If it is all controlled, then why do they even bother to mention it? It will only cause panic...

And the end date is the end of the age...which I believe means will be a perfect transition to the next. This is why you see all the complications NOW in 2010, so the transition is perfect...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by kyle43]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I don't know and I'm certainly not a believer that anything out of the ordinary will happen on 21/12/12, other than a bunch of people feeling really stupid and then trying to figure out a new date. With that being said, I think they are going off of just more than what they feel is controlled by TPTB. For instance, ancient texts. How would the government control ancient texts, other than hide them? But, if they were already out, then government couldn't hide them. Furthermore, a lot of these guys claim to have decyfered evidence that supposedly nobody else knows about, such as the cave drawings and spirals.

All of that stuff makes for some pretty interesting reading and fantastic storyline, however the whole theory is based upon little to no evidence and even more false evidence.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Okay, now that's exactly what it looks like. But I don't want to rule out the possibility that this stuff is based on evidence that I just can't seem to find. I've heard all the usual Mayan calendar, Sumerian text, etc. type of stuff. I've seen more stuff than that too, but I just need someone to gimme an exhaustive list of sources. It just seems like a big scam in order to collect fear.

Fear is power for those in control, just like love is power for those under control.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Can people really look at our current situation and NOT see that we are at a very crucial point history? Is the recent warnings about how the Sun could tear us apart? How Katla is due to erupt? The threat of nuclear war? People wanting more from life? The economy? The oceans?

Surely the people who speak of the end of an age (2012) are on to something

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

If all these texts/religions/media, what makes you so sure they aren't telling you all the science that is crucial to being able to explain something this big?

How is right now, yes, the moment you just read this, not any indication or evidence that such things are coming true?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

I get the whole change part but... where does this info come from? is this a change of age according to our current Gregorian calendar, or an ancient calendar, or what?

I for one see a critical point yes, but who is to say what the change will bring? Who is to say that there will be a change? I'm sure the same type of talk was going on when nuclear weapons were invented. It could have been going on when gunpowder was introduced to the world. I know doomsayers talked about it in 2000.

airspoon, if one were to subscribe to the belief that governments have been controlled for far longer than most people suspect, possibly since the inception of human civilization, then it would be very possible for ancient texts to have been controlled. I do understand your point though.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
11-11-11

1yr 1 month 10 days earlier than projected.

The good news:
We break free of a rut we have been in for way too long.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I'm confused by what you are putting across

are you saying you don't believe 2012 will be a year of great significance? Not the date but the events that unfold will be what brings the change. You first state

Where is the evidence to back this up (other than historical texts which have been controlled and manipulated)? I'm very open minded, but I'm not a fool and it seems like there's a Grand Deception going on...

I just dont know what you need to see that these next 3 years will be like no other point in human history. Like I said, most of what has been predicted is in ways coming true. Oceans poisoned, air poisoned, serious potential for absolute destruction from the Sun, earthquakes, volcanoes.

I get the whole change part but... where does this info come from? is this a change of age according to our current Gregorian calendar, or an ancient calendar, or what?

The info comes ancient texts, governments, calenders, media...like I've asked, where do you need to see the information come from? What do you think the great deception is?

And you can't just focus on the doom that goes along with 2012, you have to talk about the technologies that need to be disclosed that will be able to save many people in case of a huge natural disaster.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Thanks for bringing that date up as well, I hadn't heard of that one. Would you mind telling me where that date comes from?

I've heard of 10-28-11. The October date seems to use a bit more logic than the 12-21-12 date from what I can tell, but I still have no idea where the info comes from. The only sources I've seen have been lucid dreamers, people who are supposedly "in the know" and various psychic/spiritually in tune types.

and kyle43, I'm basically asking to see the info come from sources that HAVE NOT been clarified as being under TPTB. That's all. I haven't really talked about what I believe yet, but I am just confused on why TPTB have been our main sources of doomsaying info. Even if they have not, I just need some one to "guide" me into where to find credible info.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by prepared4truth]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

Is the recent warnings about how the Sun could tear us apart? How Katla is due to erupt? The threat of nuclear war?

Since when is the sun going to tear us apart? Could you give a source to this claim?
The threat of nuclear war is lower now than it ever has been. I am not claiming that a rogue nation could set off a bomb. I am saying that the threat of nuclear war is low.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Im trying to put the pieces together myself still. There seems to be a lot of prophecy and government preparations taking place for some sort of great shift. As well as a lot of scientific evidence that the earth is going through some strange changes as well as the wider solar system. There is no smoking gun or hardcore proof as of yet in my opinion. Just lots of random threads and signs pointing towards the 2012 date. Hard to say irrefutably either way
If I was a betting man, i'd say theres a 75% chance the 2012 shift will occur.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I'm of the opinion that a major human-caused political and economic disaster is imminent.

If it happens in 2012, that will be rather uncanny. But I am skeptical of any of the supernatural or even natural-disastery prophecies.

If you look into economics and government you can see easily enough that the current political system is unsustainable, and that when it collapses it will be rather catastrophic.

Perhaps the prophecy is referring to this, and any talk of supervolcanoes or asteroids are improperly interpreted and should be thought of as metaphor for disaster?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What we do know:

1. Pole shifts are slow events that take millions of years to happen and have not happened in 200My
  2. No new planet in our solar system can exist that enters the orbits of the known planets
  3. There are no prophecies associated with the end of the Haab calendar
  4. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and fireballs are not more frequent

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

The big pivot pin is the aliens, if you believe the world is so screwed up and you believe that there are aliens out there, then chances are that you will not worry about the world and its problems as when the aliens land they will make the bad people be good or all of the human race will join hands and become the race we should have been in common defense of each other.
Every 10 years or so there is a "Prophesized" event or cataclysm.
This serves several purposes.
It sells gold; it sells food as people stock up and horde food in preparation of the coming event. It allows the Gubbment to weed out the whacko right winger gun nuts and label them as extremists and nobody thinks a thing of it because they too are worried and figure the situation must have just gotten too big for that poor individual and he must have snapped.
If there is a cataclysm on or in 2012 it will be in the form of a riot when groups of people did not have the capacity to think with a level head and went all nuts believing there was a true problem.
Another beautiful thing about this coming “cataclysm” is….When politicians do stupid things or a vote does not go the way it should have you say “Oh well this will all end in a couple of years anyway when 2012 happens”.
It is simple psychology, you cannot plan every variable or foresee every outcome.
But you don’t really need to you just need to see how the majority of people will react.
Then you set your plans around these events.
Buy gold then sell it 5 years before 2012 or sell foods with an extreme shelf life before 2012 you will make a boatload of cash then in Jan 2013 you buy your next stock of goods for the next “cataclysm”.
Psychology rocks!!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Wish my psychology teachers had been so insightful.

That sounds about right though. If you're good enough at planning out a series of events and predicting all possible outcomes, you can maneuver the results into your own personal profit.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Look at them trying to hide the truth from us.

Chemtrails and more chemtrails.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Why do you spam threads with all of this irrelevant nonsense? What does any of this have to do with the topic of the post?

The answer my dear is nothing.

In another thread you claim to have unearthed all of the evidence for 2012. Why don't you post this instead of spamming with irrelevant videos?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I was checking out a thread late last nite about there are fish dying all over the world in masses. The issue was the water in Bolivia was too cold and the water up near Jersey was too warm. So this could be an indicator that the poles are being interupted since water is reactive to electromagnetic energy waves. Another thing the OP mentioned was how in the media we are not being told about how these fish are dying in large numbers. Reminding us that not all is going to be media related unless unable to cover up. So the many signs you seek you may have to dig for knowledge of.

I did today see a very big hurricane comming up towards the East coast its happened before but this 1 adjusted cat. speeds up and down and its predicted to come all the way up the eastern coast with strength. Not saying this specific weather anomaly is related to the topics of your thread but it does seem strange. I guess like the rest of us you shall see.

[edit on 9/2/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join