It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darwin May Have Been WRONG, New Study Argues

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Comment on my thread with whatever question you have.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Nevermind, deleted my post. Not worth it.

[edit on 8/27/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I do believe we were ape like, but I also believe that we were set apart by our creator. I just have a hard time believing that this is all just some huge astronomical accident. I think the explanation for other species having similar DNA is obvious, everything in the universe was created with the same elements, how could we all not be connected.
Why are we the only group that formed into humans. How does science explain that if we all came from the same microbes, what caused the extreme, numerous diversities of species? Most importantly, the earth does not need us for any reason, yet, all other species are essential to maintain the delicate balance that enables plants, animals and all other life to exist, including us. Could it be we are here because God can only be realized in the realm of human experience?
Are there areas of the brain that set us apart?
www.newscientist.com...
www.godsaidmansaid.com...
www.healthjockey.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

You might be interested in Bumba then. This is really great introduction.
www.godchecker.com...

In the beginning, all was dark. Then out of the darkness came BUMBA, a giant pale-skinned figure. He was not feeling well. In fact he had not been feeling well for millions of years. He was lonely, and the unbearable solitude was making him ill. Troubled by a ballooning bellyache, he staggered, moaned and vomited up the Sun. Light burst forth into the Universe — and he choked out the Moon. The stars came next and then, with a tremendous effort, he threw up the planet Earth. We do live in a very sick world. This nauseating display was brought to a triumphant conclusion when, as an encore, he vomited forth nine animals, an assortment of humans, and a pile of diced carrots. Exhausted from his labors, he sat and watched as the nine creatures multiplied. After a while, they had evolved into every living thing on Earth. Which goes to show that Creationism and Evolution are both right.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Shame all his posts got deleted.
And it is a shame he has got himself banned, I enjoy diversity and if he had started a thread on the subject, like he should have done instead of derailing this one, it would have been fascinating.

I didn't see his posts as offensive, but more along the lines of extreme in the ideology that males are the only gender to be recognized, with the whole male lineage and anti-evolution theme I just mentally related him to a like theme we see in Middle East countries. If that is the case then that is most likely what been crammed into his head from day one of his life even if he is highly educated.

But back on topic, Darwin was an extremely smart person, but was still only one, and created his theories on a few expeditions of observations. Incredible accomplishment, but I would not say it was complete in anyway. There are many situations in his later life where he could not explain with only his theories. A big part of these theories was that evolution and the world was a slow and constant event without the chance of great upheaval in either. I do see his theories as what one could say is the base foundation, but I believe there are many other factors involved a long with slow and constant evolving.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Then please show me where are the current apes etc. that have evolved or evolving, because in order to become as so called intelligent as us, they better get a move on.

Your whole understanding of evolution is screwed up.

All species including apes are currently evolving. There is currently variation even in humans. Some visible, (like skin color) some not visible, (like resistance to certain diseases.)

Secondly, why would you assume that intelligence such as possessed by humans is the pinnacle or be all and end all of evolution and that all other species were meant to head in that direction?

Our technologically advanced state may or may not prove to be beneficial in the long run. Its a little too early to call the game on that one. At this point, its rather likely that our technology combined with a lack of true intelligence will end up driving us extinct. In which case "intelligence as possessed by humans" will prove to be an evolutionary dead end.

Evolution as a game has one "win" and that is "continuation." Not "who can make shiny fun toys for a very short time before destroying themselves." Even though we very arrogantly pronounce ourselves the winner of the evolutionary game because we reached the "top" first, we forget that in evolution there is no "top" that if you reach you stop evolving and some cosmic bell goes off and confetti showers you before you are handed some prize.

We are one strategy out of millions. And some have been much, much more successful than we in terms of "continuation." No matter how eager we are to hand ourselves the evolutionary first place trophy, "we" (homo spaiens sapiens) only just got out of the starting gate in the race to survive, and we are already stumbling.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

But your explaining a realistic evolution, of course everything changes with it's environment. I'm not as you called it "screwed up" you guys always resort to name calling (not too evolved huh?) Until I see NON-FAKED proof of the missing link, I cannot be convinced otherwise. Thanks though.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Here is a list of transitional fossils, aka missing links. All of these are based on actual fossils that have been found. They are even ordered for you chronologically so you can follow the history of evolution.

List of transitional fossils

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

But your explaining a realistic evolution, of course everything changes with it's environment. I'm not as you called it "screwed up" you guys always resort to name calling (not too evolved huh?) Until I see NON-FAKED proof of the missing link, I cannot be convinced otherwise. Thanks though.

As opposed to... what? An unrealistic evolution? Of course everything changes with its environment? That sounds more like a budding evolutionist, not a creationist.

What you're describing, and in turn ascribing to, is commonly called microevolution. Originally, the concept of micro and macroevolution were used to describe small changes occurring over a few generations at the species level and larger changes in a population at the species level, respectively. What scientists have come to understand since these terms were popularized in the late 20's is macroevolution is, stated in a simplified way, just aggregated microevolution i.e. enough small changes over time equate to big change. Creationists try to turn this into a false duality by continuing to claim that they are two separate processes. According to them, all observable evolution today is "just" microevolution and, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, they claim that macroevolution doesn't really occur.

So call it what you want - genetic flow, genetic drift, microevolution, alleles doing the Foxtrot or Charleston or Lambada or whatever - you're still talking about evolution. And by all means, keep searching! You're on the right path, even though it's not the one you expected to be on or want to be on.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Can't be bothered to let this post stay - this creationist attracting tripe just isn't worth the effort.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Parallex]

lol nice cop out bro.

Why post at all? Go make sweet love to Charles' papers.
j/k btw.

Personally, I believe the universe was seeded(created) and expanded from that single atom. The idea the universe was smaller than an atom in the beginning echoes the words of christ, "The Kingdom of Heaven is like a mustard seed, the smallest seed, that grows to a tall tree where birds make their home."

So you see, I integrated evolution n' creationism, and fused them into one big ol theory in my head.

rofl

edit to add....

lol

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Centurionx]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Here is a list of transitional fossils, aka missing links. All of these are based on actual fossils that have been found. They are even ordered for you chronologically so you can follow the history of evolution.

That article lacks any science ...it is all parts and pieces that in NO WAY show any relation to humans. Where are all the transitional human skeltons? There should be millions of bones that show a clear progression but all they have are a few monkey skulls and they say it is early man.

i so NOT trust current archeology or paleontology because they totally ignore the vast evidence for a pre Adamic society. There exists anomalous evidence that proves humans walked this earth in present form millions of years ago, and as such totally shuts down Darwin.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by richierich

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

That article lacks any science ...it is all parts and pieces that in NO WAY show any relation to humans. Where are all the transitional human skeltons? There should be millions of bones that show a clear progression but all they have are a few monkey skulls and they say it is early man.

i so NOT trust current archeology or paleontology because they totally ignore the vast evidence for a pre Adamic society. There exists anomalous evidence that proves humans walked this earth in present form millions of years ago, and as such totally shuts down Darwin.

Looks like this post shut the thread down.
Well put my friend!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
I always thought that evolution was driven by enviroment as much as competition. It's probably a combination of things.

Evolution by intelligent design and external influences more like...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join