It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misconceptions about Jesus Chist

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm going to put this:

The origin of species IS an atheist view. Not so much evolution in itself, but the base idea of Origin of Life.

In a way a baby can understand:

The origin of species IS an atheist view,but the base idea of Origin of Life is varying from religous to non-religous.

I'm basically not even saying anything about Evolution. The Origin of Species is related to Origin of Life. Evoilution is not. Why? We could have come from God, or Non-living matter. We could have evolved from fish, or God put us here as humans, and we evolved from there. Evolution can be used in both cases. Just because Darwin popularized the word by saying it is the driving force for species variation doesn't mean it can't be used in Christianity. Just because something evolves doesn't Have to mean it evolved into a TOTALLY different organism.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

I'm basically not even saying anything about Evolution. The Origin of Species is related to Origin of Life.

If you're not talking about evolution why are you talking about "origin of species", which is evolution?

The origin of species is not "related to" the origin of life.

You definitely need more understanding about these topics as well as atheism and what it is and isn't.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I'm going to put this:

The origin of species IS an atheist view. Not so much evolution in itself, but the base idea of Origin of Life.

In a way a baby can understand:

The origin of species IS an atheist view,but the base idea of Origin of Life is varying from religous to non-religous.

I'm basically not even saying anything about Evolution. The Origin of Species is related to Origin of Life. Evoilution is not. Why? We could have come from God, or Non-living matter. We could have evolved from fish, or God put us here as humans, and we evolved from there. Evolution can be used in both cases. Just because Darwin popularized the word by saying it is the driving force for species variation doesn't mean it can't be used in Christianity. Just because something evolves doesn't Have to mean it evolved into a TOTALLY different organism.

There were atheists before the theory of evolution.

You're using a hilariously flawed cop out, you're saying that something can evolve, but it can't evolve into a new organism?

That would be true if we hadn't observed speciation in several lifeforms.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Origin of species is Not evolution, evolution drives the origin of species. That's like saying "Because A is B, then B is A" and that's just totally wrong, and on the contrary, it is you, who needs a better understanding into what Christianity is. Atheism is simple. We did, and it's our fault.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Here we go again::bnghd:

You make it seem as if I said: Atheists believe in the theory of Evolution.
I said: The Origin of Species by Evolution is an Atheist belief.

And obviously it is, it contradicts Christianity, and Monotheistic faith.

Evolution is when something evolves. If I , over a time period, developed laser eyes, that would be evolution. If I develop the laser eyes because
I need to kill more people, that is Natural Selection. Those two scientific FACTS coupled with the idea that species evolved from early bacteria is the Atheist Theory of Evolution.

Atheist Theory of Evolution does not= Evolution.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Origin of species is Not evolution, evolution drives the origin of species. That's like saying "Because A is B, then B is A" and that's just totally wrong, and on the contrary, it is you, who needs a better understanding into what Christianity is. Atheism is simple. We did, and it's our fault.

So have you figured out the difference between the origin of species and the origin of life yet, and that both are mutually exclusive?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

reply to post by hippomchippo

Here we go again::bnghd:

You make it seem as if I said: Atheists believe in the theory of Evolution.
I said: The Origin of Species by Evolution is an Atheist belief.

And obviously it is, it contradicts Christianity, and Monotheistic faith.

No, it doesn't. It has nothing to do with the origin of life. It only describes the mechanism by which species come to be.

Evolution is when something evolves. If I , over a time period, developed laser eyes, that would be evolution. If I develop the laser eyes because
I need to kill more people, that is Natural Selection. Those two scientific FACTS coupled with the idea that species evolved from early bacteria is the Atheist Theory of Evolution.

No, you are 100% false in your representation of natural selection. YOu have little understanding, if any, of the theory of evolution. You also know little to nothing about atheism, what it means and the fact that it has no theories or doctrines. Get better educated, sir.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Natural selection is a natural law by which genetically heritable traits become more or less common in a population over successive generations.

I was 100% right. If there are two species, 1 with lasers and the other without, obviously the one with lasers would continue to reproduce, as it would be easier to kill prey, and their predators.

And as a matter of fact, the origin of species by means of evolution does contradict monotheism.

It is the idea that ALL species come from 1 main organism, which, by evolution, split off into different species. This is antimonotheistic because the belief is that God (or the God of the religion) created animals seperate from human beings, see?

Yes, origin of species and origin of life is different, but it depends on how you view the origin of life, how you view the origin of species. look at my above posts.

OoL: God created living things OoS: Living things don't evolve from one another
OoL: Abiogenesis OoS: Living things evolve from another, from a single original organsism

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

And as a matter of fact, the origin of species by means of evolution does contradict monotheism.

I think what you mean is that it contradicts the bible. Evolution doesn't challenge the idea of one god.

Let's say it does contradict the bible for the sake of argument. So does germ theory, yet you don't deny that. So does the theory of a round earth, yet you don't deny that. So does the theory of a heliocentric solar system, yet you don't deny that. So do many of the laws of physics, yet you don't deny them. So does the observation that the earth is not at the center of the universe, yet you don't deny that.

By your line of thinking all of these things are "atheist views". Yet you accept them as fact. Or, for all I know, maybe you don't. You seem to be ignorant in the truest sense about science.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Not evolution dude, If i wanted to say Evolution I could have easily typed it. I'm reffering to The Origin of Species by means Of Evolution.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

NO. Clearly, how can you know how I interpret the bible? You are ranting off of stereotypes.

The Earth is at the center of the spiritual Universe, and thus is why it can support life (there may be other areas where life can be supported, but the Earth is at the center.)
I don't deny Heliocentrism, because the we orbit the Sun, but that does not contradict what some Christians believe ( a complicated matter)

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Not evolution dude, If i wanted to say Evolution I could have easily typed it. I'm reffering to The Origin of Species by means Of Evolution.

Same thing.

Educate yourself.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

NO. Clearly, how can you know how I interpret the bible? You are ranting off of stereotypes.

The Earth is at the center of the spiritual Universe, and thus is why it can support life (there may be other areas where life can be supported, but the Earth is at the center.)
I don't deny Heliocentrism, because the we orbit the Sun, but that does not contradict what some Christians believe ( a complicated matter)

No, it's pretty simple. Those things contradict the bible just as you claim evolution does (even though it doesn't). You overlook those scientific discoveries yet focus solely on another scientific discovery. Seems foolish and inconsistent.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So, basically what you are telling me, is that you fully comprehend every word in the bible, and knew exactly what God means in every sentence.
Live with your lies, I don't care. I'm not trying to convert you. Let's hurry and settle this dispute before this gets to page 15. I'm done arguing with you, maybe others will listen and understand.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

And no, it's not the same thing:
One is just evolution, and the other is evolution by natural selection. There's a big difference

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

I was waiting for Natural Selection to show up.

Don't remember reading it in earlier posts - of course could have missed it.

Man's belief in a god - - manipulating evolution to fit his god belief.

Still evolution.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

So, basically what you are telling me, is that you fully comprehend every word in the bible, and knew exactly what God means in every sentence.
Live with your lies, I don't care. I'm not trying to convert you. Let's hurry and settle this dispute before this gets to page 15. I'm done arguing with you, maybe others will listen and understand.

I said no such thing. Tell me though why the strong need to deny science and insist on the accuracy of religious texts?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

And no, it's not the same thing:
One is just evolution, and the other is evolution by natural selection. There's a big difference

You know...

...even a quick visit by wikipedia would probably help you out...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

I agree with all of these misconceptions with the exception of the first. Though most crucifixions were carried out on a single pole, beam, or pike, the latin cross that is recognized by most denominations (except Jehovah Witnesses) was also used. Infact, I think, if the Romans saw fit to taunt Jesus with the sign 'The King of the Jews' above his head, it is equally likely they gave him a heavier and more ornate cross. What book are you speaking of that details the life of Adam and Eve? Would that be a gnostic gospel, something in the apocrypha, or The Book of Enoch (I should know if it was in Enoch, but it's been so long since I read it)? I'm guessing that you are either a Jehovah Witness or a Gnostic Christian based on your post. Am I right?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Just what is evolution ?
Bacteria evolving or is it some dust that shifts from a bird into a horse.
Evolution is just real to the point of the other aspect, how things are really deep down inside. Why don't musical notes evolve ? It's the way the wind blows I'll tell you. So evolution has a plot, it follows some rule like nature, everything has it's sets of rules. If it's all based on rules then what is really evolution ? Is it a rock falling down, that has a rule too. It's the way it sings and we don't sing it, someone else does, the universe, and the universe and it's musical notes is singed by someone else. I don't want to get all magical but it's just the way it is, we are musical notes in a way.

I don't beilive in gods, but I beilive in god, only one singing us into existance with it's harp. It lets us play
then looks at how we learn and
what we do. If we learn it all we will become just like the guy in red, maybe it's best for us to learn without influence, I hope we make it this time.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join