It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misconceptions about Jesus Chist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I haven't posted here for quite some time, so here I go. I'll be coming off soon so sorry if I can't reply to your posts today. It'll be easier to just post or message and I will get to it tomorrow if I can.

Basically this is a thread for people to post misconceptions about the things said and done in the Bible. This includes ANY book ( most preferably, the deceitfully misinterpreted King James Bible).
Rules:

You have to number you're list
It is okay to repeat if you don't do it spitefully
Please no Anti-Christian,Judeo,Islamic,Polytheism, Atheist trolling here, okay?
It would be appreciated to state the part of the Bible it is contained
You don't have to talk about Jesus, and you can refer to
different monotheist texts.

I'll start:
1: Jesus Did not die on a cross, but rather a pike, or pole.
2: There IS a book containing the life of Adam and Eve
3: The Early Christian Church did remove many parts of the bible.
4: The Catholic Church did originate from the result of the edited bible.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

5. The Bible is completely true.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by mr10k

The bible is as true as Peter Pan and the blue Smurf characters.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Wow.

The Bible is real, but there are so many edited parts and removed books that it's hard to point out the few true parts. It is as real as the bumps and rigges on the palm of your hand. Back then, they just didn't have a very intricate and exotic words like "Space-ship", or "Laser" ,or "Car". Alot of these things could have existed back then, we wouldn't know.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
Back then, they just didn't have a very intricate and exotic words like "Space-ship", or "Laser" ,or "Car". Alot of these things could have existed back then, we wouldn't know.

You think that space ships, lasers and cars could have existed 2000 years ago?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by mr10k

The bible is a bunch of books glued in one book.
Some have instructions less better than others, some books were taken out. Why not listen to your heart and go with your reason at the same time, read the bible and see what is good and what is bad. Why go blind folded ?
I too have faith but I don't think that the supreme force of the universe, god is some alien. The universe sets up the rules equal, it's equality that it wants us to achive. Does drinking blood and slaughtering inocent animals sound good to you ? Or stoning kids with rocks ? If something says pick up a rock and stone someone then that is not god. I hope we get it right this time or it's flood again, once in a while the universe plays it's role. Now that is god. Or we get some alien that makes up the rules and imposes dominion and slavery and poses as god.

There are two forces of the universe, male and female, we must equal them out so we can get to go on or else it's back to stone age.
It would be a shame for humanity to start all over again.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
How powerful is the biblical God that he could not STOP people from EDITING and DISCARDING his alleged words OVER AND OVER AND OVER throughout its history??

Real powerful God huh?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't know. You think they didn't? Then let's go somewhere over on the Afro-Middle East desert and dig until I hear a *CLANK*

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

He's powerful, but he's not physical. Don't mix 'em up. I'm not gonna play the "Devil Did It" card here.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Back then, they just didn't have a very intricate and exotic words like "Space-ship", or "Laser" ,or "Car". Alot of these things could have existed back then, we wouldn't know.

You think that space ships, lasers and cars could have existed 2000 years ago?

Oh sure. And helicopters--that's how Jesus rose into the heavens...

Okay, #6) There were spaceships, lasers, and cars in the Bible. (Wow I just got that misconception two minutes ago...)

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Who is Jesus Chist??

There is so much that has been changed and or taken out of the bible how can I conclude whether or not any of it is truth?

I believe that parts are true but altered to the version they want us to know. If the bible is suppose to be so important and you are suppose to live by it then why take anything out of it?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I never said there were...did I? I'm just saying maybe they couldn't explain what they saw. If I saw a giant metal blob fly down with two giant crab arms...I'd say it was a Pokemon. Skip to 1000 years into the future and people would say "Pokemon dont look like giant crab-like metal blobs. Just like here I say "Men can fly into the skies", but he didn't "fly", he "ascended".
And I'm pretty sure Webster's wasn't back then.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Who is Jesus Chist??

Just the NEWEST of the Sun-Gods/Man-God characters. The new-age creation of the old originals which were Horus, Krishna, Mithra, Buddha etc.

Nothing new, just the SAME OLD STORIES AND CHARACTERS with a new name.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Baloney]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Misconception 6)

That most followers of Jesus Christ have ever read the Bible or have the foggiest clue what it actually means.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

Why would I randomly depict someone as Blue in my drawing?
Why else would I make a human drawing with green skin whom everyone revered as King?
I'm just saying, It's not ALL made up, but you need to be able to steer from such absurdities as : "Okay, well a blue man, maybe he just dipped himself in blue-paint?"

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

So you think it is absurd that someone would dye their skin a color like blue or green, but you would rather accept that the persons skin actually IS blue or green?

And that ISN'T absurd?!?!

Is this bizzaro day or what?

[edit on 24/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

link   
reply to post by Hefficide

And by the way, I read most of the books in the bible,. and I mean the other books like The Epistle Of Jesus, Enoch I, The book of Adam and Eve, the missing parts of Genesis. I consider myself a true christian because I dont walk around saying "Oh I read the bible", I actually Understand it. You don't get many of those, and when we do, we say that they are against christ.

link   

reply to post by Baloney

Why would I randomly depict someone as Blue in my drawing?
Why else would I make a human drawing with green skin whom everyone revered as King?
I'm just saying, It's not ALL made up, but you need to be able to steer from such absurdities as : "Okay, well a blue man, maybe he just dipped himself in blue-paint?"

That post made as MUCH SENSE AS THE BIBLE!!

Go figure.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The bible was written by men that we know nothing about.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

The Apocrypha is intresting reading and necessary to understanding the original intent of the Gospels and the early beliefs of Christians.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join