It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of Robots and Humanoids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Alien Encounter in Cisco County, 1964

This is another story that I ran across reading Timothy Goods book "Alien Base" and I figured that i'd share it in as much detail as I could.

Donald Shrum and some friends were out hunting and he became lost and separated from his companions. For protection, he decided to stay the night in a tree on a mountain ridge. After about two or so hours, he noticed a light moving in a zig-zag pattern in the night sky. Thinking it could have been a helicopter, he gets down and lights 2-3 fires to try to attract attention to himself for help. Then things get weird, really weird....it reads like something straight out of a sci-fi movie. He encounters some hooded/cloaked looking Alien beings along with Robots.

Here are some notes from UFO Casebook:

He soon discovered that the object was not a helicopter at all, but a strange-looking object, different from anything he had seen before. Now frightened, he climbed back up into the safety of the tree. After a short period of time, he was shocked to see three beings approaching the tree. Two of them seemed to be a humanoid-type of being, while the third was more robot-like. Shock became utter panic now, as the three began to shake the tree in an attempt to dislodge him. He vividly recalls a white vapor being shot from the robot's mouth; which rendered him unconscious.

When he came to, he was nauseous, but began throwing lighted matches toward the beings, which caused them to back away from the tree momentarily. Soon the assault continued. Finally, Shrum managed to load and shoot an arrow at the invaders, hitting the robot. The direct hit caused a spark to fly, indicating that the arrow had hit a metallic surface. He managed to shoot two more arrows at the beings, each time causing the group to scatter.

This scenario continued off and on for most of the night. As dawn approached, more beings arrived, and this time a large volume of smoke caused him to black out completely.

Source

(drawings of the Humanoids and the Robots)

According to Timothy Good, Donald was interviewed by some staff from the Air Force at the time along with multiple Military officials paying him visit after visit regarding this strange incident.

Thoughts on this bizarre case?

[edit on 24-8-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
More on the subject

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Apparently MUFON covered this story some back in 07 it looks like. Some interesting thoughts on the story here

Just scroll down one for the story.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Crikey! That reads like something out of Vallee's Passport to Magonia. Bow and arrow combat with flying saucer aliens from outer space. It's a lot to swallow. I'll put in the grey basket through lack of evidence

A word of warning about Timothy Good, his willingness to believe a variety of accounts has grown dramatically in recent years. In interviews, he tells some incredible stories without any evidence other than someone told him. I think it's the 'Alien Bases' book that describes the Italian alien base? Daily, a truck delivers several tons of food and the food gets 'beamed down' to the base. Literally vanishes. Inside the base are human-like aliens up to 9 feet in height. One of these guys regularly walks around in public. 9 feet tall?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Yeah lol, I agree. Its a hard pill to swallow. However, sometimes a story can sound so outrageous that it just might be true. So who knows

I thought it was a fun story none the less. I do however love Timothy Goods UFO novels. He has some stories in them that nobody has ever heard of. He seems to write about the "rare accounts" and doesnt stray much toward the mainstream events.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Whether the story is true or not guys, surely the picture just looks like a man in a suit???

Does anybody remember the old Doctor Who Sci Fi series? The costumes in that were better lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Tim goods books are a good source of witness testimony. I use them for reference purposes. He doesn't include a great deal of other evidence apart from a few pictures and some declassified documents though unfortunately. I agree that he seems to be all too ready to believe witnesses on the basis that they seem trustworthy.

In the end it comes down to the old chestnut of whether we should consider witness testimony to be important evidence or not. In my view it can certainly be unreliable. However, if the witness is an expert such as a pilot, air traffic controller etc, then frequently they are risking their proffessional status by reporting so I tend to give it more credence. Their expertise decreases the likelihood of mistaken identity too. Also if there is corroborating evidence (e.g. photographic, or radar) then witness testimony should be regarded as important.

I'm not sure what other researchers think. I'd be fascinated to hear your comments...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Well, more times than not, witness testimony is all you have to go by during many of these UFO cases. So it comes down to how credible the witness is...and of course, if the reader/listener believes them or not.

You really have to have an open mind many times.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It sounds like a really bad nightmare he was having, or a really good novel to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Inside the base are human-like aliens up to 9 feet in height. One of these guys regularly walks around in public. 9 feet tall?

Kandinsky.....

You mean this guy the idiotic Harris & Maussan promote as the "alien who walks among us"?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cdbea5eb73a1.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I agree that witness credibility is a big issue. Sometimes it's not easy to check though.

Oh yes, I forgot something. It's just as easy to discredit a witness with hoaxed information as it is to hoax a story in the first place. Serious research means that when an attempt to discredit a witness is made then we must be as vigilant in checking the information as any other claim. It is very easy to post on a forum claims that any witness is a fraud or a liar. However, we should demand strong AND checkable evidence in all cases. Hearsay regarding witness credibility is worth as much as hearsay about anything else... A FAT NOTHING!

Also be propaganda aware. If there is a cover up then disinformation is the primary weapon of the conspirators. One of the most important forms of disinformation is to falsely discredit witnesses who cannot be silenced. A discredited witness will be largely ignored by most folks and the threat is removed.

Claims made that falsely attempt to discredit witnesses that can be exposed as lies will be VERY POWERFUL EVIDENCE of a cover up. The source of the false claims may also be extremely revealing. Research like this is vital to determine the scale of any alleged cover up. It is also a good tool to provide clues as to what, if anything, 'they' are hiding.

It would also help to restore some balance to the debate on ATS if the more resourceful among you would work with witnesses to give them the opportunity to debunk claims about their lack of credibility. If this type of work does not happen then we make it too easy to manipulate us.

For what it's worth, I will summarise some advice which might help lessen the impact of disinformation propoganda soon. It will be relevent and good advice if you truly wish to 'Deny Ignorance'.

Good advice is free. Take it as often as possible...

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Pimander]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
Thoughts on this bizarre case?

Not that I am saying these events actually happened, but I think the more bizarre an encounter, the more alien it is, the more likely it is to be true.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Good thread Blackout and that's some very freaky UFO testimony -here's some more info:

For the first time ever, Donald Shrum, 73, reveals an incredible encounter he and two other hunters had with a UFO and strange creatures in the Tahoe National Forest in September 1964. This video features photos and other evidence from the encounter and audio from an interview with author Noe Torres from Inception Radio & Jamie Havican on January 27, 2012.

For the first time, UFO Eyewitness Don Shrum discloses a UFO encounter he experienced in 1964, while deer hunting with buddies in the Tahoe National Forest of Northern California. In this segment, he describes the initial appearance of a massive UFO that zoomed toward him and then hovered nearby.

Links:

NICAP Case Directory, E-book

new topics

top topics

join