It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any chance US will pull out of Iraq?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
With to headings done and another at the works(South Korean), are the US people going to have enough of this and make the government pull out?

Can this be another Veitnam, not the KIA or the reason for going, but are the people going to be so mad that a pull out from Iraq will guarantee a person presidency? Like if Kerry runs against war in Iraq he will become a persident.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Of course there will be some who will scream for us to leave, they have been saying it for months, this is wishful thinking though.

The terrorists are feeling the pressure and are trying anything to turn the tables. While it is a tragedy that there have been some brutal kidnapping/murders in the recent past, it does not show any failure on the US's part. It shows desperation on their part.

This type of activity is actually starting to backfire on the terrorists and will further isolate them from the world, even from the worshippers of their own religion, something I thought I would not see so soon.

These continued acts of barbarism will be the end of them.

... and NO this is not Vietnam......

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
There is too much at stake on the US' part.
Reputation of determination, reputation of equipment capabilities, etc..
No way they will ever pull out until it's too safe for them to be there.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The US will not pull out of Iraq until the situation is stable. It doesn't matter who is president, Bush or Kerry. It would be insane to turn the situation over to an unprepared Iraqi governmnet at this point in time.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The U.S. can't leave Iraq now. Leaving now would leave a power vacuum, and may lead to a new anti-american govt.

btw I didn't the support war on iraq.

[edit on 20-6-2004 by gooking]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The U.S Government will not leave Iraq until the oil is gone.

As far as the people demanding the U.S. leave Iraq what difference would that make to the administration? None. The administration has its own agenda that doesn't concern the American people, CHEAP oil and the power that it brings.

All this terrorism is growing out of hand also and if Bush pulled out now then the terrorist would consider it a victory and be over here blowing stuff up right and left. His only option now IMO is to increase the strength of the forces over there by two and go on the war path blasting them to hell once and for all. Take no prisioners. It is unfortunate but I see no way out. Diplomatic options are not possible.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
To be honest, I hope Iraq becomes a democratically elected free market republic, and that this Iraqi government becomes a strong ally of the U.S. (like what happened in Germany & Japan after World War II). Then, the U.S. could keep one large, permanant base in Iraq to help our new Iraqi friends and keep peace in the region, and withdraw from Saudi Arabia and Kuwait altogether...

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ok the third id beheaded and as I hear there is 10 more hostage.

Will this make some countries maybe USA included get out of Iraq?

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The U.S. is building 14 bases there. They aren't going anywhere.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
We will probably stay, which I hope they do because you can't just say were gonna liberate a country and then leave it with nothing. I never supported the war but i support our need to stay. What i don't get about the Iraqi rebels is that they fight us and keep alot of our attention on them instead of rebuilding. If they would just stop resisting we could put more time and money into rebuilding Iraq's government and cities. Its not like were trying to put them into to slavery or something. If there were a much lower resistance we might have have already estabilished a government already and there would be a very significant drop in civilian casualties.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The history of US shows that they will pull out. For example look at Somlia, and Veitnam. I am not saying they will but if you look by the history you will see that US deosnt have a very good history of staying when it gets too ugly.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The stakes of securing what little remains of oil is too high for the U.S. to leave. No matter what, they're staying. If they'd leave, the U.S. and the world would be facing potential economic disaster from lacking enough oil to meet demand.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
The stakes of securing what little remains of oil is too high for the U.S. to leave. No matter what, they're staying. If they'd leave, the U.S. and the world would be facing potential economic disaster from lacking enough oil to meet demand.

US lived without Iraq oil for long.

What makes it that it cant anymore.

Out,
Russian

[edit on 22-6-2004 by Russian]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
US lived with Iraq oil for long.

What makes it that it cant anymore.

Out,
Russian

I don't understand the question you are asking.

Facts are that oil is dwindling down. The U.S. has to secure what little remains just to keep itself propped up economically. EVERYTHING requires cheap oil to operate, especially in the U.S. capitalist economy. In a capitalist economy, growth is required to sustain it. If you lose oil, you lose growth. Then you drop into a recession, then depression, then you lose the country. The U.S. needs Iraq's oil and will continue to wage war in other countries to secure their oil as well.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yes we, the US will pull out of Iraq!
and then we will take out
Iran,
and then
Saudia Arabia
and then
Syria
and then
Yemen
and then
Sudan
its just a matter of time.

john

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

If they'd leave, the U.S. and the world would be facing potential economic disaster from lacking enough oil to meet demand.

Wha? The US doesn't even get that much oil from Iraq....
Only 11% or so

The history of US shows that they will pull out. For example look at Somlia, and Veitnam. I am not saying they will but if you look by the history you will see that US deosnt have a very good history of staying when it gets too ugly.

If we were going to pull out when it got "ugly" we would have done that a long time ago. June 30th is next week, so yeah we'll start reducing troops but not because it's "ugly" but because our job is basically done. We'll always have forces in Iraq though.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
No, the U.S. will not leave Iraq any time soon. And the U.S. has not pulled out of Germany, nor South Korea, did not leave the Phillipines for many years. Much public condemnation and fingerpointing is directed at the U.S., however, remember, many countries are allies with the U.S. in this thing. They may not have committed troops for various reasons, but if you think Russia is not fighting terrorism on it's own front(s), you are mistaken. No, this war will be seen through to victory for the allies.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Wha? The US doesn't even get that much oil from Iraq....
Only 11% or so

It doesn't matter about what the U.S. is currently getting from Iraq.

With the threats of globalization we are already facing, oil supplies have to be secured by the United States in order to keep itself operational as demand increases.

Demand for oil is increasing daily around the globe, including in the U.S. That oil is very finite and is hard to pump out of the ground fast enough to meet this demand. The U.S. had to invade and has to stay simply for this reason.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I don't understand the question you are asking.

Facts are that oil is dwindling down. The U.S. has to secure what little remains just to keep itself propped up economically. EVERYTHING requires cheap oil to operate, especially in the U.S. capitalist economy. In a capitalist economy, growth is required to sustain it. If you lose oil, you lose growth. Then you drop into a recession, then depression, then you lose the country. The U.S. needs Iraq's oil and will continue to wage war in other countries to secure their oil as well.

Sorry, what I ment is that US lived WITHOUT Iraqi oil for long.

Why the huge need for it now?

Did the prices just go up after the war started?

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Yes we, the US will pull out of Iraq!
and then we will take out
Iran,
and then
Saudia Arabia
and then
Syria
and then
Yemen
and then
Sudan
its just a matter of time.

john

So you mean US is the next Roman empire?

Didn the Roman empire fall after it expended to much?

Out,
Russian

top topics

<<   2 >>

join