It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret to building Coral Castle and Pyramids Cracked?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I guess this is the right place for this...

I have always been intrigued with Edward Leedskalnin, the builder of the Coral Castle in Fla.
Considering this mans intelligence, you would think he would be a household name. I guess it is just easier for simple minds to remember Einstein.

Tonight I have run across a video that a person seems to think they have cracked how Edward L. built his castle and perhaps how the pyramids were built.

Now I will be the first to admit I am far from being a genius, but I am curious if this guy is on to something. I don't understand the fundimentals enough to know. I am hoping you guys can get a better handle on it.

If he has figured it out though wouldn't it be simple enough to execute on a daily basis?

Is this one of the free energies kept from us?

Curious to learn from the greater ATS minds!

Link in case video doesn't work

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I bought his magnetism pamphlet many years ago at a garage sale. I am not brainiac enough to figure this stuff out though. Thanks for the video.

Here is a website devoted to his work.

PDF version of the magnetic current book.

[edit on 8-23-2010 by groingrinder]

[edit on 8-23-2010 by groingrinder]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I have no idea whether this guy's analysis is accurate or not, however I have a few questions. The first would be, if this is true, then why not build one and demonstrate? Furthermore, we have no evidence to suggest that the Egyptians knew about electromagnetism. Also, in which practical manner was such a small device (as the one pictured) used to pick up and accurately place large stones in their positions? I think the real technique was something much more simple and not necessarily the same as that used for the pyramids in Egypt.

--airspoon

[edit on 23-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Pulleys and levers. Amazing tech.

Or not.

(Look up: "mechanical advantage")

[edit on 8/23/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I get the impression the device itself produces the force which floats the stones.....
Somehow creating a charge which opposes gravity...
But yeah, it seems simpe enough for smebody to have made one by now...either it works or it dont

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
He used conventional methods like block and tackle, windlass and pulleys. He owned a truck instead of mule/horse to pull the heaviest weights.

Impressive and tacky as Coral Castle is, people were more likely to pay the admission (he had a small alcove for money) for a *magical* construction than a *hard work* construction.

If we get pedantic, he was technically a fraudster or hoaxer.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
He must not have had a whole lot of confidence in his magnetism theory, as he seemed awfully reliant on his trusty rig...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09ab04affd83.jpg[/atsimg]

Leedskalnin even had a smaller block and tackle to haul up the heavier block and tackle.

I'm sure the guy was just maintaining an air of mystery around himself as he was charging money to give tours of his creation. He may have had pet theories about electromagnetism, but the science was never there.

More pics of Ed and his lifting hoists at themanyfacesofspaces.com

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Ed's secret is revealed in the photograph, you could justifiably say he had supernatural assistance. Examine the board he is standing on and between the legs of the tripod.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
dupe

[edit on 033131p://am3127 by debris765nju]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Ed's secret is revealed in the photograph, you could justifiably say he had supernatural assistance. Examine the board he is standing on and between the legs of the tripod.

Let me guess. An alien?

'Oy oy oy! Always with the aliens!'

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Well, yeah.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2cfa386eb36.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

From the link you posted:"

themanyfacesofspaces.com...

"There is skepticism as to the success of the traditional methods of tripods equipped with pulleys and chains that are in the photographs of Leedskalnin at work. Some point out that the Tripods appear to only rise about 20 feet (6.1 m), while the largest stones are 25 feet (7.6 m) long and stand vertical. They claim that tripods that are made from wooden telephone poles and could not support the larger stones. There are not enough pulleys to lessen the weight of the stones enough that a 100-pound man could exert enough force to lift the stones. The chains, with links 3/8 inch thick, which can still be found in the Tool Room of the Castle Tower and are seen in the photographs, are only rated with a 3.5 ton workload and may not be able to support the weight of the stones. However, these claims have not been rigorously analyzed by either engineers or scientists."

I read something previosuly regarding the pulleys and tripod method, which said that as well as the pulleys, there was some sort of electrical device that was employed which it is thought provided the "secret" assistance that he had.

In the pages you link to, you can see a small box on the top of the tripod in a few of the pictures - this, i believe, is the electrical device in question. I have further details of this somewhere, but have just changed laptops and have to go through all my Favourites and folders to find where i put it......

I don't believe he had any sort of Alien or supernatural assistance in this, but i do think he knew things that we don't. Had he not been hung up on creating this monument to his lost girlfriend, i am sure he may have gone public with tbhis and earned some serious money!

Incidentally, a bit of trivia - Billy Idol's song "Sweet Sixteen" is apparently about his girlfriend, and him building the castle - Sweet Sixteen is how he (Ed) referred to her.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by BlueOrb]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

s914.photobucket.com... I can show you what they look like and you can call them what you like. See them here.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
I guess this is the right place for this...

I have always been intrigued with Edward Leedskalnin, the builder of the Coral Castle in Fla.

Actually the guy we should learn from is Wally Wallington mentioned in your wiki link:

Despite the skepticism of traditional building methods at least one person, W. T. Wallington, has shown that he can produce feats of this nature using only simple tools.
Actally he doesn't even need pulleys, he moves huge stones using just sticks and stones (and sand, etc). He's building his own "Stonehenge".

And unlike Ed Leedskalnin who worked secretively, Wally Wallington is more than happy to show us how he moves these giant stones around.

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Impressive and tacky as Coral Castle is, people were more likely to pay the admission (he had a small alcove for money) for a *magical* construction than a *hard work* construction.

Yeah I'm one of the suckers that paid to see it and it cost me a lot more than the 10 cents Leedskalnin charged, I guess the new owners had to recoup their $175,000 purchase price.

That's a good description, it's both impressive and tacky!

Originally posted by debris765nju

s914.photobucket.com... I can show you what they look like and you can call them what you like. See them here.
Phage's alien looks more benevolent.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that the device shown is the key to the secret methods of building with stones. Ed was a great recycler with a particular fondness for cheap automotive parts from the wreckers and that device is simply a crankshaft with a flywheel enhanced by concrete and old ignition magneto magnets embedded in it. The whole thing is still in its crankcase standing on its end and even the crank handle itself is most likely a genuine car part from the era. He also used a truck axle and bearings for his swinging stone gate.

How it worked - it's simply a flywheel generator though we see it now without the stator coils and what he'd do is crank it up to as high a speed as possible by hand which would provide him with several minutes or more of power for his lights with the duration directly related to the loading. No magic at all, simply electromagnetic power generation put to practical use with a renewable energy source (Ed himself).

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse

a

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Yeah I'm one of the suckers that paid to see it and it cost me a lot more than the 10 cents Leedskalnin charged, I guess the new owners had to recoup their $175,000 purchase price.

That's a good description, it's both impressive and tacky!

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

and when did you go to see it? according to wiki he died in 1951, so do you think he was charging more than 10 cents back then? or do you think he is profiting off the overcharge now?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Regarding the video in the OP, be glad this individual confined his scientific quackery to bizarro theories on magnetism and not medicine, because, in the words of Gordon Ramsey, "YOU'LL KILL SOMEONE!"

This web page goes into more detail of Leedskalnin's tripod setup, which shows him using one very large rig for the bigger lifts. Also shows his electric hoist sitting atop it.

www.peter-thomson.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Can't answer for their benevolence, but i did show you the hidden power source of Ed Leedskalnin that was present when he was working. When i use the term "alien" i use it in the sense that it is different from us, not necessarily extra-terrestrial. I personally think they are Djinni .

[edit on 053131p://pm3152 by debris765nju]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I used to live near the Coral Castle. I went to see this marvel a long time ago. Really the engineering feat is amazing, and to be honest it's kinda sad that this tourist attractions is not really visited a lot.

What really cracks everyones mind is that this guy would just eat eggs and bananas and moved these rocks that weighed tons.

What really inspires one the love story behind this build (oh mushy me :lol

[edit on 23-8-2010 by qbanthinker305]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
and when did you go to see it? according to wiki he died in 1951, so do you think he was charging more than 10 cents back then? or do you think he is profiting off the overcharge now?
I saw it in the 90s, I wasn't even born in 1951 so I got the part about the 10 cents admission from the link in the OP. I also explained that the owners paid $175,000 for the property so they are recouping their investment with the admission price and probably turning a decent profit, however I was the sole visitor while I was there so I can't really say the place was hopping, so I'm not sure about that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join