It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoaxing on Youtube...for what?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Just to get a reaction or attention is my guess. Or just plain boredom, or as an experiment to see who they can hoax.

My father told me as a kid he would wing trash can lids through the air and take a picture of it and because of shoddy pictures, it would look like a ufo.

Just seems the only thing that has changed is the form of media.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think that's exactly what NASA says it is, ice crystals.
WHY would you think any differently?
Thats another thing," believers" constantly accuse NASA of covering uo aliens, yet are constantly posting NASA footage of "UFO"s!
Isn't that just a LITTLE contradictary? Or does NASA just suck at cover ups?
Believers are strong on FAITH, come up way short on reasoning, facts and simple logic.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Media has changed. Software to manipulate media has also changed.

Another thing that has changed are the stories, which people have altered to align with pop-culture. The more elaborate pop-culture (science-fiction) makes aliens, the more elaborate changes are made to the stories behind abductions and sightings.

It is as though 'aliens on Earth' is the new 'Witches in Salem' ideology.

Originally posted by OldDragger
I think that's exactly what NASA says it is, ice crystals.
WHY would you think any differently?

I completely agree with everything you said. Plus, do we not also have 20,000 pieces of space junk up there? How do you eliminate that from the equation? It makes no sense to say, "Look aliens!"

That is why we need 'definitive' proof.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I hope believers go through this thread, so they can get a better understanding of the conundrum they present. We are all looking for answers, but there is 'currently' no evidence 'worth' examining.

This is what we want...

Originally posted by Section31
If you are a believer who is reading this, we skeptics are waiting for that one 'definitive' piece of proof. We don't want it in interview form or bouncing lights. We want actual 'live' and 'up close' proof of an alien or an alien craft, so we can examine it physically with our own eyes, ears, and hands.

It is that simple.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I'm surprised that the governments doesn't consider hoaxes to be an act of
terrorism. I'm half joking of course. But think about it.

All of you are right. But is is one more reason to add to the list.

The governments are all too happy to keep the hoaxes going. And may even make some of there own. Why do you ask. How do you hide a tree? You hide it in a forest. You hide the truth in a forest of lies and fakes. The more hoaxes and fakes out there the less likely any true videos or pictures will ever be seen as such. The the little boy who cried wolf game. Works every time.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

So to put this in context.

Government hoaxes aside are you saying that those who fake evidence and those who support said evidence through believing are in fact destroying any chance we have of seeing truthful claims brought forward within the UFO community?

Adding government hoaxes to the already huge pile of hoaxes only compounds how frivolous it is to get to a truth on the matter.

Ergo; believers are destroying the field of worthwhile study?

It's just that it's how I interpreted what you said. I'm asking back to make sure that's what you intended for me to think.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Why would the government hoax UFO sightings?
The reason "real" video etc. is so hard to find is that it doesn't exist!
People hoax so much because, there are no aliens!
Like I said, low on simple logic.
But "believers" BELIEVE , it's religious dogma!
Believers have FAITH, not KNOWLEDGE.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

What I am saying is that with all the fakes and hoaxes that if a real alien from space made a video of themselves and posted it that it too would be labeled a hoax and a fake.
With all of the fakes and hoaxes out there who knows how many "fakes" are in fact real but will never be seen as real.

I believe that aliens are real. The whole of space and we are the only ones in it? I think not. Not sure why there would what anything to do with us but who knows.

So what better way to hide a real video that to bury it in a mountain of fakes. I think the governments of the world do make some fake UFO stuff and for all I know the aliens themselves may make some fakes to help cover there tracks.

I want something that no one can call a fake or hoax to come forth but that day will be a long time from now I fear.

I do believe, we are not alone.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I know, I know. That's my side of the fence too.

So again, just for the record - hoaxers and those who believe in them are destroying any chance we have of actually getting to genuine evidence.

Do you agree?

-m0r

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

So again, just for the record - hoaxers and those who believe in them are destroying any chance we have of actually getting to genuine evidence.

Do you agree?

-m0r

YES
That is what I am saying.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Hoaxing on Youtube is Bad for everything and good for nothing

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Its easy really - Some people are attentions whores and people these days seek internet fame (whether good or bad) and what a better place to get it than posting a video of something.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have to say, Section31 makes quite a convincing argument. Not that I look for proof of aliens anymore, or proof of ghosts, as that has becoming severely disappointing over the years.
I remember watching something that debunked the Loch Ness Monster as a kid, and they were very plausible/possible points, so I was devastated as a kid learning that it didn't exist, lol.

It's not that I believe every little thing everyone tells me, but I take into consideration the logical points that a person has. I usually am hard to convince on things like this.

As for the original topic itself: yeah, it can be frustrating. Especially on Youtube, ESPECIALLY when I wanna look for some interesting footage, it's always some fake nonsense, or a screamer. Then again, Youtube's community isn't all that smart. You can tell by all the arguments in the comments that just appear out of nowhere as people curse at each other. Futile.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Simple, YouTube will give you a cut of the advertising profits if your video is even slightly popular.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Hoaxing can be for many reasons but the one that concerns me most is deliberate disinformation. If, as many people believe, there is a monumental cover up and we are indeed being visited by extraterrestrial intelligences, then disinformation is the primary weapon in any cover up (disinformation is a well known propaganda tool.) There is so much bulls--t out there that that good evidence is now ignored.

As for the posts about proof, I have one question for you. What would you accept as proof??? From the evidence on here, not witness testimony (even from pilots or astronauts), photographic or video evidence.

There is a great deal of evidence although admittedly not proof. As I have written before, there are many excellently researched examples and the testimony of EXPERT witnesses including pilots, air traffic controllers, astronauts and even former presidents to study. There are at least 50 ex-military and ex-intelligence service whistle blowers who have admitted (some of them on their death-beds) that contact with extraterrestrials is already happening. Surely they aren't ALL lyeing. Some military personnel have seen the bodies of crashed UFO occupants. Or is that simply outrageous so it must be lies? There are NASA photographs and video footage of what appear to be craft and "critters" in space. There are tape recordings of astronauts discussing alien craft and UFO's with Houston. There is much more too... And please don't respond by bogging me down and asking me to analyse lots of examples in detail as I have a life.

WHEN I HAVE POSTED ENOUGH TIMES I WILL BE STARTING A THREAD TO RESPOND TO THE MANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE ABOUT THE PARAGRAPH ABOVE. I PROMISE IT WILL PROVOKE SOME EXTREMELY INTERESTING RESPONSES...

Yes there may well be a cover up. However the evidence above could also be a hoax of monumental proportions. One way or another somebody has a vested interest in there being a great deal of confusion regarding the UFO phenomena. Why is a moot question? If the proof is drowned in disinformation shouldn't we be asking WHY?

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Pimander]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

most of the time it is people that work in governments to make it seem that people who believe in UFO's are nothing more than idiots and want UFOlogy to be gone and done with. It is the human ego to say we are on top of the food chain and in fact we are not.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I personally believe NASA does cover up some things. I believe they want us to think that we are the only humanoid life out there and only ones with advanced technology. I mean just look at how JPL and the face of mars. They finally got rid of it with that "high resosultion" picture of mars.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join