It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoaxing on Youtube...for what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I was thinking about this, and I was wondering why in the world do some people put things on Youtube that they know are not really UFOS?
What purpose does that serve, I don't even think you get money from that unless you are a partner.
I'm really lost as to who would devote their time to this? And at the same time i wonder if the Youtubers who post fakish UFO vids were not around would there even be any UFO vids on youtube?
I really cannot stand fakery of any kind so to people who feel like fabricating a UFO experience will bring about other possibly real UFOs...please stop...and just wait for the real thing.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm sure there are several reasons all different depending on the individual. You can probably bet, however that the most common reason is just for attention. Some live personally very lonely lives and things like this stave off that need for recognition. Other hoaxers just get a kick out of fooling people. Take your pick really.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
attention and popularity is all the rage.
it is pretty sad and pathetic

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
UFO videos and threads get lots of hits. That is how I found you tube And ATS!!
Not to forget you tube pays for enough hits. Partners program. Ads. It bugs me too and i am glad you care !

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Some for fun, some for attention, some because of ignorance, some because of willful ignorance, some due to mental disorder....and I'm some some for various combination of the above.

What kills me is how much attention this tripe manages gets on an above average board like this?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

You forgot malice.

Some do it for malicious purposes. They are the worst.

"Go on out and laser them UFOs, like someone (wink) does in my video below:"

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm surprised that the governments doesn't consider hoaxes to be an act of
terrorism. I'm half joking of course. But think about it.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Originally posted by packinupngoin
I was thinking about this, and I was wondering why in the world do some people put things on Youtube that they know are not really UFOS?
What purpose does that serve, I don't even think you get money from that unless you are a partner.
I'm really lost as to who would devote their time to this? And at the same time i wonder if the Youtubers who post fakish UFO vids were not around would there even be any UFO vids on youtube?
I really cannot stand fakery of any kind so to people who feel like fabricating a UFO experience will bring about other possibly real UFOs...please stop...and just wait for the real thing.

First, it is not 'some' people. It is the 'majority' of those with UFO videos on YouTube are fakes.

Riddle me this...
(1) Even though the internet has been around for 12ish years, why hasn't someone 'world wide' been able to find definitive proof that aliens exist?

(2) Where are the secret Wikileaks documents, which prove for 100% certainty that our various 'world wide' governments have been experimenting with alien craft?

(3) Why has no one come forward with a whole photo gallery of an actual alien or alien craft?

*shrugs*

We are talking about slightly less than 7 billion people on Earth, and 'not a single person' is able to catch a perfect image of an alien spacecraft up close? Nor, is there any image of an actual alien sitting on someone's couch?

*shrugs*

If you think about those questions above, you might just notice that almost ever piece of information found online is a hoax.

Why do we only have video of bouncing lights?
Why do we only have long winded witness explanations?

You would think that after 12 years of utilizing an open form of communication, we would find some sort of old or new piece of video that screams "They are here!"

But, we have not.

*shrugs*

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

In all honesty I'm more inclined to believe as you do. I'm a atheist...if its not tangible...then it probably doesn't exist same thing with Aliens. However I do hold out some hope for a real encounter in the distant future, but thats all anyone can do is well hope that maybe one of these Alien ships will be in visit our Planet. Until then why take pictures of "orbs" without actually investigating what they are.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If you are a believer who is reading this, we skeptics are waiting for that one 'definitive' piece of proof. We don't want it in interview form or bouncing lights. We want actual 'live' and 'up close' proof of an alien or an alien craft, so we can examine it physically with our own eyes, ears, and hands.

It is that simple.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin

In all honesty I'm more inclined to believe as you do. I'm a atheist...if its not tangible...then it probably doesn't exist same thing with Aliens. However I do hold out some hope for a real encounter in the distant future, but thats all anyone can do is well hope that maybe one of these Alien ships will be in visit our Planet. Until then why take pictures of "orbs" without actually investigating what they are.

Even though I am a Christian who believes in God, I would not try to make a case based upon emotional experiences. If I had a choice between proving God through emotional impulses or science, I would prefer to bring him to everyone so they can touch him physically. I don't think I would be doing myself or others justice by saying, "God exists because I sense his presence!" No way, no how.

After learning what NASA said about other Earths existing, I am more optimistic about a possible first contact scenario. I agree that we are really wasting our time with videoing or photographing balls of light. Some of the interviews are also interesting, but they are really meaningless without something more tangible.

'Current online evidence' is so juvenile compared to our current technological capability.

I agree with your assessment.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Good question.
BUT believers allways point to these videos as well all the other fake photos and eyewitness stories and say "there are thousands of eyewitness accounts and photos, from cops, pilots, military etc. WHY WOULD THEY LIE?"

NONE of the You Tube crap videos are of alien spaceships.
99% are deliberate fakes or ordinary occurances misinterpreted.
There are so many hoaxes because there are NO aliens visiting Earth.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by OldDragger]

[edit on 22-8-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Good question.
BUT believers allways point to these videos as well all the other fake photos and eyewitness stories and say "there are thousands of eywitness accounts and photos, from cops, pilots, military etc. WHY WOULD THEY LIE?"

NONE of the You Tube crap videos are of alien spaceships.
99% are deliberate fakes or ordinary occurances misinterpreted.
There are so many hoaxes because there are NO aliens visiting Earth.

NASA released two great STS videos of UFOS; however, the quality and distance between the objects and viewer is horrible. Most of the other evidence we see is out of focus, zipping dots of lights, or CGI.

We need 'definitive' pieces of evidence. Unfortunately, we haven't seen anything worth the time and energy to consider.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Well if you really are a Christian [as I am], then surely God would create more than just us?
Or are you more skeptical about "proof", but still believe in extraterrestrials?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
NASA released two great STS videos of UFOS; however, the quality and distance between the objects and viewer is horrible

Any chance of supplying a link to those please?

I'm not saying they're hoaxy but I don't think NASA would take a chance on disclosing potential security risks to North American airspace to the global public.

I could be wrong though.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antigen Shift

Well if you really are a Christian [as I am], then surely God would create more than just us? Or are you more skeptical about "proof", but still believe in extraterrestrials?

You hit it on the nail. Since we just learned that there are 104 possible Earth like planets, within our galaxy alone, there has to be life out there somewhere.

When it comes to the testing of 'amateur' proof gathered over the years, the evidence doesn't make logical sense in comparison with our current technological level. We have roughly 7 billion people on Earth, and a universal form of communication that stretches across most of the planet. Not a single person has captured video or photos of an alive alien (up close), nor have they caught any up close image of an alien craft.

So, where are they? Where is the 'definitive' stuff?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

I'm not saying they're hoaxy but I don't think NASA would take a chance on disclosing potential security risks to North American airspace to the global public.

You think the shuttle flies around in the air?

You are wrong. It orbits the earth in space.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
You think the shuttle flies around in the air?

You are wrong. It orbits the earth in space.

How does it get into space to do it's orbiting?

How does it come back to Earth?

Now onto the subject at hand I don't think NASA would make it public that unknown flying objects are traversing above our heads.

Call me silly for thinking it though.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The question is not if there is life elsewhere, it's if they are visting Earth.
There is simply no proof, not even close, but there is ample proof that people hoax and lie about UFO's like crazy.
Here's my humungous thread on same. Lots of claims, even "aliens"
posting. BUT NO PROOF! NONE! ZIPPO!

Show us proof...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

Originally posted by Section31
NASA released two great STS videos of UFOS; however, the quality and distance between the objects and viewer is horrible

Any chance of supplying a link to those please?

I could be wrong though.

-m0r

Very good observation.

Who is to say that those NASA STS tapes are real or not real. Some hobbyist could have very well edited over NASA's orbital footage.

Clip:: U.F.O's NASA STS-48

Originally posted by OldDragger
The question is not if there is life elsewhere, it's if they are visting Earth.
There is simply no proof, not even close, but there is ample proof that people hoax and lie about UFO's like crazy.

I completely agree.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join