It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Baloney Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Have you ever felt as though a lot of what was reported as "scientific evidence" is absolute garbage? One reporter followd up and investigated 106 claims that came his way during an ordinary day. The result -- a whopping 2/3 of the claims made (particularly by advertisers) are just pure bunk.

Entertaining read:
www.popsci.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Outstanding link, Byrd!

The article is utterly fascinating - and very amusing, too - but after five minutes I realised it had depressed the hell out of me.

Is this the reason that science is increasingly under attack from fringe beliefs and religious groups? Have we abused the scientific method to such a point that it has become devalued and meaningless? The ad agencies and soundbite news media have a lot of answer for...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Great link, BYRD.
Somehow, this doesn't surprise me. Esp. the food labels part, as I discovered the food lies while researching my low-carb lifestyle.

And, BTW, what a cool name for the guy who wrote the article you cite:
William Speed Weed!

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Great link but yes, pretty depressing. Yes DTOM, I noticed the name, pretty strange. But to the point of being technically correct, is it boloney or bologna? Or if we say it's boloney does that really make it bologna.

BTW, anyone seen any asteroids zipping by?

new topics

top topics

join