It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Secret KGB UFO Files: The Russia Crash of 1969

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Supposedly, some top secret KGB Russia UFO files were smuggled out of the USSR that contained film footage of a downed UFO along with an Alien autopsy. Now, ive read *some* threads here on ATS about it, however, none of them seem to point toward a hoax (that I could find anyhow)

Top secret KGB UFO files

The details of a Russian Crash on or about 1969 are sketchy and somewhat suspect. This case comes from the so-called "Secret KGB Files," which were reportedly smuggled out of the former Soviet Union. Reportedly, $10,000 was paid for the information. The details of these secret files were first offered to the general public on 9-13-98 as part of a TNT special titled "The Secret UFO Files of the KGB." The show featured extraordinary film and still photographs of the UFO recovery, and also a portion of autopsy film on part of an alien body.

The event itself, according to the files, occurred in the state of Sverdlovsky, which was formerly Yekatrinburg of the USSR. The crash story follows a familiar pattern normally associated with this type of report. The fiery crash of an unknown object occurred in March 1969. The site was secured by the Russian military, and one dead alien was found in the wreckage. The remains of the craft and alien were brought to a secure location, and the alien body was autopsied. Both still and moving pictures were taken of the craft, its retrieval, and the alien autopsy.

The autopsy shows only an alien torso and arm. From the size of the body parts, the alien would have been an extremely small being.

Source with pictures of the UFO and Autopsy
More info on the subject

My question is, has this been proved to be a hoax? It seems like everywhere I have read about it, its still a mystery overall.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
It was part of a fake documentary.

Long since chuckled over and forgotten.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Have a link that shows this? Sorry, but word of mouth only goes so far.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
Supposedly, some top secret KGB Russia UFO files were smuggled out of the USSR that contained film footage of a downed UFO along with an Alien autopsy. Now, ive read *some* threads here on ATS about it, however, none of them seem to point toward a hoax (that I could find anyhow)
There's a thread on ATS somewhere that has some much better photos of the object than the photos you linked to.

The closeup photos are to me what demonstrate the object is some sort of model, you can't tell from the distant photos, but from the closeup photos, you can tell. If you can find that thread and look at those closeup photos, you'll have your answer. If I find it I'll post the link but I looked briefly and didn't see it yet, it was one of the first threads I read after joining ATS but I'm not sure it was a new thread at the time.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Best thing to do is watch the whole documentary for yourself. UFOs Uncensored The Secret KGB UFO Files & Secret KGB Abduction Files hosted by Roger Moore.

It mixes real incidents such as Tunguska with the fake stuff made specifically for the doc (the downed saucer above is part of the fakery). They also include real UFO investigators and invented authors, experts and non existent books.

There's a "real" mass abduction incident that was videotaped, too. It's not as convincing as fraudster "Dr Reed's" disappearance video. If I remember correctly there's some "old" cine footage of Nazis opening up an Egyptian sarcophagus and revealing an alien. All shot on video and age processed to look like a reel of 16mm film!

You can pick the 2 disc dvd up from Amazon but I would only do so if you want amusing entertainment rather than education.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
The closeup photos are to me what demonstrate the object is some sort of model, you can't tell from the distant photos, but from the closeup photos, you can tell. If you can find that thread and look at those closeup photos, you'll have your answer. If I find it I'll post the link but I looked briefly and didn't see it yet, it was one of the first threads I read after joining ATS but I'm not sure it was a new thread at the time.
I found the photo that screams fake to me in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look at the second photo. See the non-uniform beveled edge and the straight part sticking out of the ground at the bottom? Looks pretty fake to me.

Guys in my high school shop class could make a way better beveled edge than that one, and they darn sure couldn't make an interplanetary spacecraft.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I have seen this footage in many UFO documentaries and still in my opinion it's pretty convincing, there are somethings that I find hard to fake like the uniforms the vehicles and even the close up shots of the UFO seem like really good, REALLY good fakes or...

But that's my two cents.

S&F OP!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Here's a couple links about it-

www.parascope.com...

boris-shurinov.info...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Solar.Absolution

Quite a lot of money was invested in the pseudo-documentary due to the earlier financial success of Ray Santilli's Roswell autopsy film fraud.

If people fall for one alien autopsy hoax, surely they'll shell out more money for another, must have been the reasoning.

So the crashed saucer looked kind of ok and there were lots of extras in uniform which must have cost a bit to hire. And Roger Moore wouldn't have come cheap. But the crappy rubber alien torso was a big let down, don't you think?

It had a feel of the original Faces of Death which also mixed real stuff with fake stuff made for the programme with the hope that people won't notice the joins.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Hiya A, in that second picture you can clearly see the edge of the model. It looks like a semi-circular fibre glass model and they've shovelled some earth and leaves across the lower edge.

Some people go drinking, some go rambling...some carry out hoaxes. With the WWW, the audience is massive.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Hiya A, in that second picture you can clearly see the edge of the model. It looks like a semi-circular fibre glass model and they've shovelled some earth and leaves across the lower edge.
Hi K, yes exactly! That's what did it for me. I've never really seen a detailed professional debunking on this case, but with the edge showing up in that photo like that, I didn't really feel much more was needed for me personally.

Someone did respond to me at one time to the effect "How do I know it's not supposed to be shaped like that?" I suppose I don't, but to ask that question seemed to me like someone really wanted to cling on to some fantasy that it was real in spite of that photo.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
its fake. Besides the mentions of it being a model already, if it was a craft that crashed at that angle, why is there a perfectly intact tree right behind it? (1st photo) and why is there no broken trees or debris behind it?

guess they forgot to think about that part for the hoax lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hi all
The video footage of this is on Youtube just search for "russian UFO crash" its pretty grainy and not long (cant link on my phone)

I always thought it looked pretty real but i suppose easy enough to fake with enough resources and would be much more well known if it held any water

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
IMHO it's most definitely fake (and was indeed discussed on ATS years ago).

The soldiers and officers in the film are in infantry uniform (not the KGB as the title would suggest), I can tell that by the color of their strips. The way they "establish the perimeter" is entirely fake. They crowd the front area of the alleged craft and don't cover the rear of it. They point their guns towards the people doing investigation instead of surveying the outside of the area. The type of truck in the movie is rarely used for transporting personnel (although it's possible).

The physical film itself is presented in a box with Russian inscriptions that don't match the type of film.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Cue the search response:
*Preparing...
*Activating...

All systems go!

"Use the search function, it is a wondrous tool"

Search response complete.
*Shutting down...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Assuming this (hoax?) actually comes from Russia....

What do you think the Russian government could get out of this? Keep in mind how many rumours there are about USA and alien technology.

I'm really starting to think most people here are missing something very vital to the whole ufo topic.

Think about what the USA space program was all about when it started. It wasn't about exploring....

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Indeed this the case.

Roger Moore hosted it and the whole show was made up.

You wouldn't have seen Connery stoop to such lows...and we all know he was the better Bond too!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub
its fake. Besides the mentions of it being a model already, if it was a craft that crashed at that angle, why is there a perfectly intact tree right behind it? (1st photo) and why is there no broken trees or debris behind it?

guess they forgot to think about that part for the hoax lol.

Not at all! You assume the UFO just dropped vertically out of the sky. More likely, it skidded along the ground and ended up on its side at the end of the clearing in the forest, coming to a halt before hitting the trees. It was then buried by a snow fall. You thought it was half buried in the ground. It is not. It has been covered by snow, some of which melted by the time the video was taken.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It's a hoax until someone brings the body from the freezer and open up the engine compartment of that spacecraft.

I don't see anything here that I can't fake for less than a few hundred bucks.

It's hard to believe I am a REAL believer in ET isn't it, but this fake stuff has really got to stop.

I have scanned these threads everyday for years in the hopes that someone authentic will come forward and show us something "out of this world". I know someone's got it.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
They point their guns towards the people doing investigation instead of surveying the outside of the area.
I thought their behavior was odd too. I also thought the photography was odd, the cameraman seemed focused on a bunch of people walking around doing who knows what, and doesn't seem to pay much attention to the object of interest.

I've never seen the old debunking on ATS but I don't doubt it.

Originally posted by Frakkerface
What do you think the Russian government could get out of this? Keep in mind how many rumours there are about USA and alien technology.
I don't know that the Russian government was involved??

I really don't know why it was faked, only that it looks fake.

How much did Ray Santilli get for his hoaxed "alien autopsy" film? Santilli had a profit motive, and I wouldn't rule out a profit motive for this film too, but I don't know if that's the case.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join