It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rap News - Must See

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ok...a few of these videos have been posted before, but both times there was pretty much no response and the threads died almost instantly. So, I thought I'd post all of the current videos here and hope it takes off a bit more. It can't possibly be only me who thinks these are absolutely genius. They cover alternative type news in rap form, do not be mistaken by the word rap in this case, you will like what you hear. They are quite funny and actually thought provoking at times. Enjoy.

[edit on 19/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
These things are beyond genius, chaos. I think they go over most peoples' heads though. Too many sheeple who can't get the juice news media! s&F

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I've seen all of these before... but i still can’t help going back and watching them again and again.... and again... and again... and... Well you get the idea!

Genius!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
These would be better if the guy's actually had a pleasurable rap voice to listen to, not to say that the effort wasn't great, especially in covering such topics. Hadn't seen these yet so thanks for posting em.

But really, you can just pop in the Psycho-Social Album by Jedi Mind Tricks for the same thing with actual rappers.

Speaking of Jedi Mind Tricks, the beat in the first video sounds like a Stoupe Beat. (The guy who does the producing)

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Stuffed]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Wow, those were really great!

Talks about a lot of real issues. Well done.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
haha...yes, nice to see more people liking them, and to Stuffed, you really don't like his rap voice? I think it may even be him playing all parts, I'm not sure...but I quite like his rapping and his voice most of the time, it's catchy.

[edit on 20/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

It's not like his voice is terrible or anything haha. Better than a lot of youtube / myspace rappers, but as a pretty big fan of hip hop...I dont know, I've got high expectations.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Stuffed

Oh, ok, that makes sense.
What type of rap do you listen to, if it's that gangsta type of stuff, he owns them all.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Those are some awsome vids, might be iPod worthy
s&f for sharing

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GummB

Oiy dude, I saw your sig and seen you like feedback on your artwork, well that pic of the FO3 Power Armor you drew is absolutely insane, nice freakin work man.

EDIT: Wait, oh...
...that's not yours is it?

EDIT: Maybe it is actually...I dunno...DA is retarded...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Mainly underground hip hop. I can not stand that crap that comes out of the mainstream today that makes it look as if all rap today is produced by retards who struggle with rhyming even one syllable while talking about the same stupid subject every track.

Guys like Immortal Technique and Jedi Mind Tricks have a lot of depth to the lyrics they talk about, and represent true hip hop. "Giving a voice to the voiceless"

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Ha! Yeah seen them before... funny and cool that more and more join the movement of spreading the truth via hiphop!

I am doing this since 1996, too... Ever was a kind of political - conscious rap style!

Have a look/hear into it down in my sig (guerilla war)
(i´m the second verse in german...)
Peace!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Friend, I haven't logged in here in months, and though lurking, nothing has been compelling me lately...until this. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Will share this with my friends.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
LOL! This guy is comedy. Pretty creative idea too. Thanks for sharing!

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
These things are beyond genius, chaos. I think they go over most peoples' heads though. Too many sheeple who can't get the juice news media! s&F

Well... if I can understand them........ surely anybody can?

Thanks for posting these CHAOS, a very talented bunch indeed!

S+F

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Thanks alot man. I did do the fallout one and It was actually th first time I ever touched chrarcole. Apprecate your feedback
my name on DA isn't GummB btw

now back on topic, I'll have to look up some more of his vids when I get home

edit

STUFFED - as a hip-hop junky aswell I see your view on his voice but those accents were more enjoyable than eminem's ol' bs paki accent. Anyhow I never listened to Jedi mind tricks so if they are as dope as you claim thank you in advance for adding a new group to my collection

[edit on 20-8-2010 by GummB]

[edit on 20-8-2010 by GummB]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Check out Vinnie Paz - end of days, trail of lies etc.
Immortal technique - All three albums.
Lowkey - All mixtapes.
Logic and Lowkey - NWO mixtape.
Doc brown - Madworld remix.
Mongrel - better them then us (Album).

Too many artists to name. These are just a few good conspiracy raps.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
OMG That was fantastic!

The voice reminded me of a mixture of Weird Al and Eminem. I am gonna youtube more! Brilliant!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
do not be mistaken by the word rap in this case, you will like what you hear.

Well I like rap in general, these guys apparently do too, so that word doesn't scare me away.

This is some pretty clever stuff they put together.
Very funny as well.

kudos

- Lee

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
These videos are captivating, and enlightening. It's good to know that there are others saying the same stuff many members here on ATS have said for years.

I don't think anyone should own the internet, I don't think anyone should have the power to cut it off, that would just create mayhem, I mean, wasn't there a south park episode on that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join