It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Truman rescues 8 Iranian sailors in the gulf

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Tonight the USS Truman aircraft carrier saved the lives of 8 Iranian sailors, on the eve of what was supposed to be something far worse, as predicted by the experts, proving once again that we are not all as doomed as we think, good job Navy.....

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Good find, freetree.

However, I doubt it will be long before the anti-American crowd come up with a thousand different reasons as to why this was some nefarious act that is part of some grand conspiracy.

We should play a drinking game...everytime the term USreal appears in this thread we take a shot.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
is there a link??
or did I just miss it ???

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Whoops, accidently replied to myself, but yes, I agree it will probably be turned into we took them prisoner or something crazy, and could turn out to be the spark instead of the solution, who knows....but yes, a drinking game would be fun....thanks

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
could there be slightly more info please? like what actually happened?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

what actually happened was an f-18 aircraft on patrol spotted the boat on fire and in trouble, called it in and the US Navy sent a chopper with rescue swimmers, and saved the iranians lives, brought them back to the carrier, and took care of them, and fed them......thats about it so far....sorry, can't get the link, CNN and twitter reported it....

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
thanks, do we know what type of boat, it's purpose, the rank of the crew or was it a fishing vessel?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm waiting for it... waiting for it...

C'mon, everyone here knows it's coming... if you don't know what I'm talking about, you will soon...

Waiting for it...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The Gulf of ?????? Could you please be a little more specific and provides some links.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

Yes, it is coming, and will be here shortly, and in reference to the type of vessel and type of mariners....unknown at this time, but it is being reported om CNN as we speak...the story is real, not is rael, and very, very factual, of a decent and kind, not to mention heroic act of the US Navy towards a fellow group of mariners in need, without question, or concern for their nationality.....go figure, in times like these.... Go Navy!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Your Source is CNN? that's a front line network for military media propaganda and left side views and not to mention fake news.

I stopped watching all news, since they offer nothing but propaganda.

you said

Go Navy!

The reason for the story that CNN showed its viewers, they needed some pro war and pro military news.

Tonight the USS Truman aircraft carrier saved the lives of 8 Iranian sailors, on the eve of what was supposed to be something far worse, as predicted by the experts, proving once again that we are not all as doomed as we think, good job Navy.....

I bet my money they captured them not saved them, i also think they wont let those Iranian go home because the military wants information on possible targets.

My friend the media tells only one side of the story not the whole story.

They have done the same thing before the war in iraq started, always start good news stories in the region.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
reply to post by Legion2112

Yes, it is coming, and will be here shortly, and in reference to the type of vessel and type of mariners....unknown at this time, but it is being reported om CNN as we speak...the story is real, not is rael, and very, very factual, of a decent and kind, not to mention heroic act of the US Navy towards a fellow group of mariners in need, without question, or concern for their nationality.....go figure, in times like these.... Go Navy!!!!

hmmm...the story is so factual I can actually imagine it as if i was there. Thank you for these undisputed and numerous facts of the most dramatic maritime rescue story in history, the story of "the rescue in the gulf"
Were they covered in oil and had to be washed? as I am unsure of which gulf you are talking about which is a surprised considering the glut of facts.
I will assume it happened in the gulf of mexico and was in fact a botched iranian invasion of the good old US of A - based on the facts - go navy.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

CNN is all that????? My, my....but when do they have time to do actual stories??? Well then, don't take my word for it, head on over to the gulf, thats persian for those of you that dont know where the USS Truman is currently operating, and see for yourself what happened.......

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
finally
a link to the story
or partial story

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
USreal, USreal, USreal, USreal, USreal, USreal, USreal, USreal, USreal, USreal, Sir I believe that is 10 shots...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I dont think the OP is really analyzing the story... LOL i mean it doesnt make sense for us to be ramping up an attack then all of a sudden help these guys out... they were def getting some type of information from them...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
finally
a link to the story
or partial story

www.cnn.com...

and from the story

the Navy said. All eight will remain aboard "until arrangements can be made for their safe return home," it said.

like i said from my earlier post
meaning the navy will keep them on board until they have some information.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

like i said from my earlier post
meaning the navy will keep them on board until they have some information.

Just means the Navy is not going to send a plane with the Iranians into Iran until Iran says the Navy plane will be allowed to enter Iranian airspace and be able to leave!

hell the Navy could fly them to Iraq and just let them walk across the border to Iran as well.

Use a little common sense. I know its hard for some people but i have faith you can do it.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I'm surprised this isn't on more news sources. Good to see something other than them wanting to smash each other up coming from the region.

If this isn't on more news channels by the end of the day I think that will send more of a message about what the media is doing, than if they started every broadcast on Iran's confrontation with the West with DANGER DANGER!

Good on the Harry Truman, I'm sure the US Navy sailors in the region don't want a fight either shock horror.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Finale to this story, there are already on their way home, courtesy of the US Navy, and I must apologize about last nights post, as it was done on my mobile, due to traveling, and I was not able to post a link.

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join