It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland County man reports encounter with Bigfoot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Cleveland County man reports encounter with Bigfoot

He was 10 feet tall, with a long beard and yellowish-blond hair, Tim Peeler says. And in the early-morning hours of June 5, Peeler told authorities, the creature – a Cleveland County version of Bigfoot – wandered onto Peeler’s property in the rural northwest part of the county.

The Cleveland County Sheriff’s Office has filed the case as a “suspicious person report” but says it is keeping an open mind. Peeler lives on Vanada Drive, northwest of the town of Casar. There is little or no civilization between his property and South Mountain State Park, one of North Carolina’s least-developed recreational sites. He told deputies he heard screeching and grunting sounds, came outside his cabin, and saw the creature near his mountain home. Peeler told authorities he thought the creature might be menacing his dogs.

“I rough-talked him and said, ‘You get away from here,’ ” he told NewsChannel 36, the Observer’s news partner. Peeler, who said the creature had six fingers on each hand, told WCNC the Bigfoot left his property but came back a short time later. “And I said, ‘Get! Get!’ And he went back down the path again,” Peeler told the TV station. These reports aren’t new to Cleveland County, although it has been three decades since Knobby – the county’s other well-publicized Bigfoot – was in the news.

In the winter of 1978 and ’79, a number of people in the area near Carpenter’s Knob, north of Kings Mountain, reported seeing a large creature with long back hair, walking on two legs. Authorities surmised residents were seeing a large black bear, but the reports persisted. One property owner reported one of his goats died of a broken neck, and newspaper stories from the time report of manhunts – or Bigfoot hunts – by some of the area’s braver residents. Those stories tell of large footprints being found, and of theories that the creature might have been a panther. Reports of the sightings died out in the spring of 1979, however. The sheriff’s office says it patrols the area near Peeler’s property regularly. “If we see something, we’ll try to capture it and take it into custody,” Sgt. Mark Self told NewsChannel 36.

Source with Video

A policeman even mentions that he saw the creature in the video.

I dunno how credible these people are or nothing, but like always, this seems like your typical bigfoot encounter/report.

If an officer of the law states that he saw something, then people need to at least consider the possibilities in my opinion.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It's funny that you poste this now. I'm from Casar, NC but live outsie of Raleigh now. I still have family there and they told me about this story a month or two ago. My step dad has lived in that area all his life and he says that back in the 70s there were numerous sightings of the "creature" and that they sent a crew from Charlotte up there to investigate. I don't think they found anything but I know recently that other people have reported seeing it and also some footprints have been found. Casar is a tiny place, basically just an intersection. The people there are quiet and pretty much keep to themselves. I was really shocked when I saw this story on the national news. The little store in town is even selling "Knobby" t-shirts. Mom sent me one in the mail a week ago. They are pretty hilarious. It says "Knobby Don't Believe In You Either." Funny, but who knows if there's anything up there. I lived there for a large portion of my life, but never saw anything like that. Seems fitting that my first post on here would be about a little town like Casar.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hidenwatchyou

Im glad that you enjoyed that post

As a side note: We just dont hear about many good Bigfoot sightings these days. They are becoming more and more rare it seems.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Blonde ?? six fingers ??

That sob Bigfoot trying to disguise his identity by dyeing his hair !!!

He is getting smarter !

It is only a matter of time untill he discovers a razor, blends in with society only to climb the social, and political ladders untill he becomes president and enslaves us all !!

Sure, people would make threads about him resembling bigfoot, but after Obama... people will be too hungry for change to give a damn, blowing off these assumptions as quackery and setting the stage for " Bollo" his native sasquatch name, to seize power and put into motion our very demise.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
he had beautiful hair.

I rough talked him. I said "get away from here, git, git"

This guy is a celebrity around here. The syndicated radio show I listen to in the morning keeps playing his audio. It's priceless. As to knobby or bigfoot, maybe he is out there, but I find it hard to believe that Patterson is the only guy ever to have a camera rolling when he showed up. Almost every cell phone has a video camera on it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
the video within that link isnt workig for me,

found this on youtube maybe the same thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If I were that man I would invest in a camera if I didn't have one. I would also look for footprints and hair.

It always seems so close but ........................................

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Finally somethign exciting in Cleveland.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by skippynboots

lol yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I talked to a friend of mine from back home last night and she said they are even doing bigfoot tours with a guide and everything. Casar, NC has arrived my friends... haha. I can't believe the things that people will do. Step right up folks for the "Bigfoot tour"

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hidenwatchyou

somebody has to make some money, It might as well be the locals. Tom Biscoti hasn't arrived yes I guess.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
In the spring they are having the first annual Bigfoot BBQ Roundup. Wonder how Bigfoot on a spit would actually taste?

S & F. Great thread, cheered my evening up!

new topics

top topics

join