It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under your nose.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Maybe this is just coincidence but we were cleaning out our pantry last month and we were removing all the stuff that was expired. Most of the stuff that was expired was WAY gone so obviously it was tossed. However a lot of the canned goods were still good, even things like the green beans that we bought nearly two years ago. There was something interesting though; nothing was set to expire in 2013. Everything had a 2011-2012 expiration date. Now I know 2012 is two years out but some things just last. So we went shopping last week and just for fun we examined many items to see when they were set to expire and nothing was past 2012. Heck the green beans that we bought two years ago don’t expire until June of 2012 but the green beans in the store are set to expire in 2012 as well. So what gives? Why all of the sudden (to us) do the green beans that used to have a four year shelf life now only have a two year shelf life? Personally the only thing I know that never expires is honey but there must be other products with long shelf lives, so here is my challenge, check your cupboards and find a 2013 expiration.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just keep buying stuff

and it won't be long before you're seeing expiry dates of 2013, 2014 ... on and on

The world is not going to end in your liftetime

so may as well get on with it and start making long-term plans

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My 21 year old Lagavulin will be just fine though. It might aswell taste even better 2013 when theres just 500 millions of us left.

Funny post! Cheers

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
That's pretty cool, but I doubt it means anything. In general, canned food is good for at least 2 years after manufacture (canning). Most manufacturers do not use "expiration" dates, rather -- they use "best used by" dates. In other words, you are unlikely to find anything on the shelf that has a "date" on it past 2012 at this time.

Cool thread though!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I checked my cupboard.
I see a few items that don't expire until 2013, like canned ham for example. Most canned goods are still edible even a year after the expiration date, and some still even later. I wouldn't eat anything that's past 4 years, though.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Bush's Best.....Country Style Baked Beans.

Best if used by May 2013.

Yay! I'm gonna be 1 of the 500,0000 left to eat beans!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This might explain things a little , when the large wholesale canneries purchase from the producers ( farmers ) . They buy bulk by the mega ton . They typically buy at low price times and store . They then use this as leverage the next time on the producers . When they are about a quater of the way through the stock they approach the producer again and offer below market value usually below half market value .The producers as always refuse the insulting price and the producer walks away smiling , they return months latter and offer even less than before and they walk away with the produce at prices below production cost . Good for the Wholesaler bad for the poor little food producers trying to clothe their families . This is why farmers are being driven to the wall .This is happening in America, Australia , france all of the Western World not South America not some unknown 3rd World Country . 20 years ago nearly 50% of Western Countries were farmland , look at it now farming is dissapearing .Farmers are giving up , loosing their multi generational farms and even commiting suicide in shocking numbers . No wonder the World is experiancing food shortages .We are at war , a silent war of stealth right under our noses .To answer your question about canned food expirery dates .Our food is old .Even your fresh OJ is normally two years old .Same with alot of our packaged meat . They seal it with dioxide which to give it a rosey colouration . In other words our food is old and yeah they are comming for us by stealth .Sorry I have to leave it here as vistitors now . Goodluck with the thread .

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Bush's Best.....Country Style Baked Beans.

Best if used by May 2013.

Yay! I'm gonna be 1 of the 500,0000 left to eat beans!

Kroger Chunk Light Tuna:
BEST BY:FEB 2013

You think God is choosing who survives by bestowing the post Nibiru canned goods upon them. When people find out will they kill us for it?

new topics

top topics

join