It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is a lot better than it used to be! Come on now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
People have no clue how bad it used to be in the past. I feel that people have their rose tinted goggles on whenever they complain about how bad ATS is now, and, how anti-semetic they might think it is, or stuff like that. ATS used to be a place for hoaxes, Indigo children, people who thought they were aliens, and, for people to ask if Bush was a reptillian or not- while not focusing as much on the real issues. I feel that we actually have evolved as a community.

Now more and more of us are discussing the real issues- we're still discussing conspiracy theories and stuff like that, but we're tackling the more important issues of the day. I thought ATS did a great job at tackling the bank bailout and all the fed nonsense. There are some right wing plants here and there, but, it's nowhere near as bad on www.infowars.com, and other websites like that which have sold out.

My point is- that we've evolved as a community to talk about more serious and real issues. We used to always be worrying about various UFO hoaxes- and not the real ones, and, we used to make such a big deal when a fake prophecy got created. I actually challenge those that say that ATS has gotten to be really bad- and I would say that the quality of the topics have actually gotten quite good.

Okay, I'm done my rant.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Very good post OP.

There is a conspiracy in the handling of the news and what is really happening in our world.

I learn more truth about everyday goings on here than in the MSM. This is very important imformation that we need to hear.

Thank you for your kind words about our community.
I agree with you.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I think a few years ago ATS wasn't really even doing that. We weren't discussing the issues at all like we are doing now. ATS has come long way. You can just do a search through the search function and find out. Either maybe I'm paying more attention now- but I think the site as a whole has stopped doing all the silly stuff, or, maybe that's still going on and less people are paying attention and they're focusing more on the more real bearing issues of the day. People like to look at ATS through rose tinted goggles, and, it doesn't work.

new topics

join