It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Angry Because The Constitution is Not on Your Side Right Now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The right wing always pride themselves for sticking to their guns when it comes to the constitution. This is very true if the case is about illegal immigration, since usually the left wing argue more about its humanitarian side and the virtue of america being historically a country of immigrants.

But when it comes to the mosque issue, the constitution doesn't exactly side with the right wing camp. Now they have to play what's usually they consider as a left wing thing, and argue for something else other than the constitution. Now you can imagine how it feels for them right now.

This is my advice for everybody especially for the pro mosque crowd. It won't help by calling them bigots constantly and endlessly. Every thread regarding this issue becomes a long thread with bigot calling and hypocrite pointing back and forth, which is amount to nothing really. Since you have to realize, the human persona is quite limited, you can't really expect to change people after their mind have reached a certain point. You should just accept them just the way they are as for now. Calling them names will only make things worse than already is. Wait till things cool down first, before presenting your arguments again.

Just my 2 cents, hope this is useful.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It's an inconsistency that serves to weed out the tyrants from the libertarians helping to bring attention to the single party authoritarian rule this country is under.

If that mosque was a walmart you'd see the same division among the democrat wing of the authoritarian party.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
[edit on 17/8/10 by On the level]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Nope. I'm pretty much always on the side of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. It's my civic duty.

[edit on 8/17/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yes there have been so many instances of the right-wingers SCREAMING about the constitution, SCREAMING about their freedoms, but when these same rules defend and benefit those who they feel are NOT a good fit for their intolerant views and narrow minded AGENDAS, they want to THROW the constitution and freedom OUT THE WINDOW.

They are really making themselves look like the TRASH of the planet.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Baloney]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

Do you think maybe it's some of the same people who weren't concerned with it being flung out the window in the past? So nothing's really changed?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The Constitution is working for me. They do have a quasi constitutional right to build the mosque. In that respect, yes I'm happy the constitution works. Am I happy about them building it, no? Because something is constitutional doesn't make it right, and in this instance, it happens to be I feel it's not right. So I guess to sum it up, yes I'm happy the constitution still works, even though it goes against my wishes, however I might add I wish it was as upheld all of the time and not when it's only o.k. with the left, as our administration seems so want it to be. In other words, apply it equally, not only when it's convienent for liberals.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Wow...I was going to ask who brought the Dymo labelmaker to the discussion and then realized which forum I was in...think I'll back out slowly now. Have fun.

But don't forget...the Constitution is for every American.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Its more along the line of liberials using the constitution to push their own agenda and when conservatives want to use the constitution, the liberials call the constitution outdated and based on principles no longer valid. When the Greek Orthodox Church collapsed with the Twin Towers, they won't allowed to rebuild their church even though they owned the land it was on.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'm happy that they are building a mosque there or anywhere else. Because these muslems that you seem to be so ready to defend have an avid dislike for things like abortion and gay rights and womens rights.

Two of the three points I happen to agree with. So go ahead and build the mosque. At some time in the not so distant future when they become a political force to be reckoned with I will also be standing with them on such issues as abortion and gay marriage rights. We may actually be fighting these constitutional issues together.

What will you think about the mosque and the constitution then?

I think that you may have picked a poor platform to make your point.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
actually, the right wing never prides themselves on sticking to the constitution, it was George W Bush who said it was just a g-d piece of paper. However, Ron Paul and the Constitutionalists/Libertarians do pride themselves on sticking to the constitution, so in the future just remember there is a difference between conservative and neo-conservative. But, you'll probably ignore this since it doesn't fit into your left/right paradigm.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
There is a point when your personal views wants and wishes are over ruled by the rule of law .

You have to be a grown up about it not a kid . Do I want the Mosque no . Is it their right to build it YES . And will fight for their right to do it . Whether I like it or not .

TO be angry about the constitution granting this is a double edged sword you would have to be angry at it as well for your ability to worship at your church or not if you chose . You would have to be angry for the not having a government sanctioned religion .

To defend the constitution from enemies foreign and domestic . All the time not when it is popular or convenient ! Or when it fits your opinion.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Just to let you know, Bush was no conservative in any meaning of the word.

Just as Bush was for the Patriot Act and Obama was for expanding it.

Please fall not for the two party totalitarian system.

Step back from the kool-aid.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

I have heard that story today earlier . I am not really calling you out but from a personal point of view do you have a link to it to save me digging .

If they wont allow one then they should not allow the other . Is it a zoning regulation or what was the reasoning?

If true I reverse some of my stands .

NM I found some

www.nytimes.com...

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Lostinthedarkness]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Stupid thread.

your still lost in the right wing left wing. There is nothing in the book that says you have to be an abortion loving weed smoking kook that likes illegal immigrants because not only it spits in the face of the law but threatens the nature under which you can practice such liberalism and that describes the left.

Theirs nothing that says that right wing is provoking wars,spending massive amounts of money then claiming to be conservative, Allowing soldiers to protect the poppy fields in Afghanistan and calling it a soldiers duty.

There is nothing free and liberal and republican about door to door gun confiscation like what took place in new Orleans.

There is nothing great about putting folks n prison for smoking a plant.

so please lets get off the high and mighty horse and start taking a look at yourself. Last I noticed repubs and dems are home to the same tyrants Both are frauds and you can call it left right like some kook in 1990. We are above the games. That paradigm is over and wont last past the next 20 years.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
After that new info for me to digest .

This IS NOT a constitutional matter . It is political games .

I reverse my support .

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
The right wing always pride themselves for sticking to their guns when it comes to the constitution. This is very true if the case is about illegal immigration, since usually the left wing argue more about its humanitarian side and the virtue of america being historically a country of immigrants.

You just don't get it. Islam is a complete political as well as religious system. The ultimate goal of every Islamic leader is the return of the caliphate except this time worldwide. This includes implementation of shaira law. There is no other religion that wishes to impose religious law in the place of secular law around the world. If Saudi Arabia or any country in the Middle East or Asia wants to have sharia as the basis for its legal system, fine, just not here. Rauf himself has stated his ultimate goal is the conversion of this nation to islam and sharia. We get tired of Christian ministers attempting to shape laws aroudn the Bible. Aren't blue laws in the south enough? I don't want to replace with people pushing the Koran as the basis for our laws.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
[edit on 09/4/2007 by wardk28]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It's all distractions by the same group.
Why are you all getting angry over a building project?
This forum has been distorted from conspiracy theories to left vs right distractions.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by hippomchippo]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join