It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Sheriff says US Border Patrol has retreated from the border

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
National Guard maybe? Militia would be our last hope, probably our best bet since they are FAR LESS ENCUMBERED BY LAWS THAN MIL UNITS, only thing is they can't use military firearms made past 1986, or buy most explosives unlicensed, but full auto fire is a waste anyway, and there are high order explosives that can be ordered online then mixed for usage, license or no license. Don't really know if civilians can use explosives against combatants legally though. Either way, RESIST THE NAU!!! PRESERVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
A lot of people sitting on ATS and talking about "testicular fortitude" and the "loss of courage" up in here.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenisiz

Let me say this in response to your long sentiment to iilegals! I happen to be in AZ. also and where the hell you think the illegals are helping us is dis gusting I am not going to go into the areas of work where over half of people and residents I know have suffered job losses and multiple crime incidents as a result what the hell kind of planet are you on? i GET really pissed when I read someone such as you defending a d--- illegal here!@

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I find it rather funny, ludicrous if you will that America has BILLIONS to spend on various "black projects" but they can't spare a couple of bucks to secure the effing border once and for effing all.

It's almost like they want illegal criminals coming into the country... Unwatched, free to do as they please.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
What amazes me, is this country spends hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars a year on "Homeland Security" and yet they leave the Mexican border virtually unprotected. It's like buying a $50,000 alarm system for you're home and then letting all you're doors and windows wide open.

Every time I read something like this it just reinforces my belief that there is a conscious effort being made to destabilize this country.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I very much believe obama is an illegal and that is a very strong reason why he will not protect the border plus he has an agenda but the a---- on here supporting these dam illegals is sickening I hope they get a good home invasion or one of the multiple raids they make on innocent people and see where their dam ass has to say then!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
I was in Yuma a few days ago and I can assure that at least there the Border Patrol was within 200 meters of the border, "retreated" only to set up forward observing Infrared wide angle viewers on hills (to maximize range of potential identification).

I assure you there were Border Patrol all along the south west border of Arizona. I can't speak for the rest of the Arizona border.

In Yuma, the BP there is being used to run checkpoints with the sole purpose of snagging AMERICAN citizens coming back from southern California with pot. They've been deputized by the county there to arrest U.S. citizens with small amounts of marijuana in order to fine them and create insane revenue for the dirty little town of Wellton.

The BS drug war is the cause of ALL of this, and the government is completely insane trying to make a PLANT humans have used since the beginning, illegal. But, the drug war is a cash cow for our corrupt government on many levels. They'd much rather turn the BP against U.S. citizens, and keep the money coming to THEM from drug fines and seizures, and lobbyists who love the cheap slave labor, instead of removing the cartels biggest money maker (marijuana), allowing the billions of dollars a year to stay in the hands of American farmers instead of the cartels, and securing our borders physically, as well as removing the demand to come here.

www.phoenixnewtimes.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
My future mother and father-in-law just relocated to Wisconsin from Mission, TX (a stone's throw from the Rio Grande, on that southernmost tip of Texas).

They had both commented recently about how Mission was beautiful up until about a year ago, then it was like someone threw a switch... almost 'by design' that it had gotten bad: Overrun by Mexican gangs and thugs, crime rate shot up, etc. Are there any Texans here who have a somewhat rational explanation as to why that would be? I'd be interested in knowing the details of how something could go from one extreme to the other in the matter of days.

Doesn't it almost seem like someone wanted this to be an issue, then, BAM - there was way more gang violence than normal? Maybe I'm just reading too much into it...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnkiCarbone

Doesn't it almost seem like someone wanted this to be an issue, then, BAM - there was way more gang violence than normal? Maybe I'm just reading too much into it...

Near me in Arizona - - there's been an increase in Latino gangs.

But they are not coming from Mexico. They are coming from Los Angeles.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I'm not talking about checkpoints though I'm talking about border patrol agents in trucks off the road observing the border both with their eyes and with infrared equipment.

To me it seemed like it was rare to see an area of the border there that was not within eyesight of a forward observer from the border patrol.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You know what I still don't understand? Why the sheriff is afraid to do anything to patrol the border but they will allow the illegals to come into this country and cause more crime and murder whoever they please.
It seems like lately everyone is more concerned about themselves then the good of the state.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The solution seems rather straight forward and simple, treat it the same way any foreign terrorism threat is "theoretically" treated by the government.

I like this idea, as it genuinely leads to actual end of term action against criminal legislators involved in collaborating with the "invasion force" to boost vote capacity, To get their shipments across, and to provide near slave labor wage workers for thier friend's big money operations.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I'm curious as to when it becomes enough of a disaster, to turn into a crisis, so that Barrack can drape a flag around himself and take a stand. My only concern is, the administrations idea of a stand might be a more comprehensive amnesty plan and legalizing drugs, so that cartel's can no longer have a monopoly.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
so, why do we let this happen? It is easy to talk about it on ats, so why do we let our government do these things? People say how horrible it is that our borders are unsecure, yet they do nothing about it! i guess writing on ats alleviates the guilt and the responsibility to take control of our world....

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Through a third party admittedly, I heard the following Federal court clerk in McAllen TX, said there had been 47 kidnappings in the county. My Loss Prevention Supervisor, who owns a home in the area traveled down there last weekend and was actually warned by the clerk to keep her niece nearby at all times.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
If they bring the troops home from those senseless wars we could defend our borders.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Man alive! We should be calling on our soldiers and troops to assist in this war like conditions.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by ChrisF231

I dont know if you have realized it or not, but this country lost its testicular fortitude a long time ago. We are now surrounded by sniveling pansies with no heart or want.

MOTF!

Truer words have never been spoken!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I have relatives in Yuma. Does anyone know what the situation is like out there? Any info you have would be great. My relatives are old and unaware.
Thanks!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

ChrisF231,

One more reason for teaching History in school. Go back about 100 years and look at the situation in Texas in the area call the Big Bend.

The US Army was stationed along the border with Mexico to establish the river is the border and protect the ranchers. Our Government in Washington decided is was less expensive to buy out the ranchers as the long term solution. Today there is a Federal Park in and area where private property could not be kept secure.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join