It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

churches in the arab world?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

excuse my ignorance but really i have no idea what you're talking about , could you explain more please because im an arab and english is my 2nd language.

apologies

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
bekod ....
so what changed? why is the christian faith now not tolerated? why must peaceful people be beheaded?
I am not sure what you are saying .There have been many people killed in the name of many god's .or religions .
I wish I could answer . I am christian in faith and have no issues with anybodies personal faith .
Freeborn ...Perhaps that would explain why Mohammad tolerated the monastery at 'Mount Sinai', because he knew it wasn't the 'real' Mount Sinai? could be . Saudi Arabia seems to be a unusual place politic
ally, much like Israel .We in the west get very mixed messages about those 2 places . and you would think those 2 would almost be natural enemies but they seem to be close.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Aside from the fact that the belief in the notion that only Mosques exist in the Arab world is a huge misconception, what exactly does this have to do with the United States?

We make efforts to protect the freedoms and rights of our citizens to worship as they see fit. Trying to undue that because some places in the Arab world are intolerant is dangerous and irresponsible. Seems like a lot of people around here think the Crusades are in full force all over again.

We aren't Saudi Arabia nor should we want to be.

What they do to their citizens and what they allow has nothing to do with us.

Also:

Iran's proud but discreet Jews

About 25,000 Jews live in Iran and most are determined to remain no matter what the pressures - as proud of their Iranian culture as of their Jewish roots.

It is not a sight you would expect in a revolutionary Islamic state, but there are synagogues dotted all over Iran where Jews discreetly practice their religion.

BBC

Plenty of synagogues in Iran for a religiously intolerant place bent or destroying all Jews.

There is also a total of 600 Christian churches there.

This land of the free is in trouble.

- Lee

EDIT: Responded to wrong post.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

The seat of the Byzantine rite or Eastern Orthodox religion (Greek, Russian, Ukrainian, and so on) was in Constantinople (now Istanbul), much like Rome is for the Roman Catholics. It was a very cool place to visit.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
edit : deleted for misunderstanding

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Dr UAE]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

I know I just realized I responded to the wrong post sorry.
My cordless keyboard is acting up.

The post was meant for Freeborns' regarding Saudi Arabia.

Edited it.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

understood

no harm done

then i should delete my post

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yea it's crazy, there are only 1,400 mosques in that bigoted country they call the U.S.A.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

thank you i have no problem with your ways or beliefs, no one has explained it to me, till now.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
[

Originally posted by lee anoma

Aside from the fact that the belief in the notion that only Mosques exist in the Arab world is a huge misconception, what exactly does this have to do with the United States?

Who has said that only Mosques exist in the Arab world?
Certainly not me!

What has it got to do with the US?
What do I care, I'm British!

It has everything to do with me when Muslims and their apologists try to portray themselves as paragons of tolerance when they most certainly are not!

Whilst it is true to say that Christian practice is tolerated, to varying degrees, across the Muslim world, it is also true to say that it isn't encouraged.
And it is a downright lie to say that Christians are afforded the same rights in the Muslim world that Muslim's are in 'The West'.

Assaults and undue pressure being put upon them is common place and the burning of Christian churches is a regular occurrennce.

The tolerance that was once prevalent throughout the Muslim world seems to be disappearing as the regression of Islam continues.

We make efforts to protect the freedoms and rights of our citizens to worship as they see fit. Trying to undue that because some places in the Arab world are intolerant is dangerous and irresponsible. Seems like a lot of people around here think the Crusades are in full force all over again.

The majority of people who believe the misconception that The Crusades are in full force again tend to be Muslims.

I suspect that the vast majority of Christians have no desire to return to those dark, intolerant days.

We aren't Saudi Arabia nor should we want to be.

Of course we / you aren't.
That is something we should be proud of.

What they do to their citizens and what they allow has nothing to do with us.

Bollocks.
So we ignore the hypocrisy and double standards simply because we don't want to upset or insult Muslims whilst they constantly spread lies and half truths.

Also:

Iran's proud but discreet Jews

About 25,000 Jews live in Iran and most are determined to remain no matter what the pressures - as proud of their Iranian culture as of their Jewish roots.

It is not a sight you would expect in a revolutionary Islamic state, but there are synagogues dotted all over Iran where Jews discreetly practice their religion.

BBC

Plenty of synagogues in Iran for a religiously intolerant place bent or destroying all Jews.

Where have I said anything other?

In fact I think if you bother to do a little digging you will find that I have specufucally mentioned Egypt and Iran as two of the most tolerant Muslim countries at present.
But attacks on Christians have been know there too.

All though I doubt the Zoroastrians would agree.

There is also a total of 600 Christian churches there.

And there are none in Saudi Arabia, the home of Islam.
Which is the most representative or important?

This land of the free is in trouble.

It is indeed when it turns it's back on the struggle for freedom elsewhere and attempts to justify intolerance with a 'what has it got to do with us' attitude.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

qa.sunnipath.com...

www.islamonline.net.../FatwaE/FatwaE

^These are 2 different articles summarizing rulings on non-Muslims and mosques. To sum them up, non-Muslims are allowed to enter mosques if a few conditions are met: They have prior permission from muslims (which normally should never be an issue), they have a sound reason to enter (they want to observe or learn more--not come to insult or create problems), they respect the mosque and the worshippers, and they dress appropriately and modestly. There are some differences of opinions among Islamic scholars about whether or not they can enter the Holy Mosque in Mecca temporarily. Saudi has its own laws, though, regardless of what the scholars say.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by muftanan

ok thank you for removing the Vail form my eyes, this is what i wanted to know.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

i am wondering how one, can kill one in cold blood, in them name of a belief, Christians die at the hands of... Christians behead by... see i would like to get the other side of the story, were they doing some thing wrong? Did they offend some one?

I just not grasp that they were just beheaded for being Christians.

For if this is true...????

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

you see the problem is not in the religion of islam , no my friend , the problem is in those who practice wrong teachings , and this is the most dangerous part of it , because it gives a bad idea about islam.

you find these acts in regions that are corrupted by man made beliefs and not islamic beliefs, in the old days it was ok to have a jewish neighbour or a christian neighbour , even prophet Mohammed had a jewish neighbour and there was nothing wrong with it.

when the muslims entered and concurred egypt , the first thing they did was free the coptics the christians at that time and gave them their rights to practice their religion in their own churches.

we as muslims feel that there is some one trying to twist some people's minds into doing wrong things in the name of islam , and that is really frustrating to us here.

i know that you and others have lots of questions in your minds about the preachings of islam , because you have been reading a lot of out of context verses from the Quran that even i have read here on ATS , you see you can not read Quran like that picking and choosing verses without looking at the whole chapter , that is wrong.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

yes i agree with you, even i find that is the way ,pick one verse and then it is so , completely out of text, and i mean no offense to you, for i can see your words are true ,it is sad that a few can do so much harm to many, not only in body but in spirit, it would be nice if we could say yes the is one god, and there are two books one for you one for me and they say the same thing.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

It is quite obvious ,whether historically or even today using misunderstanding of ones scripture and a little dogmatism can have a devastating result for both parties in question . When one looks at the crusades you can see so called christians killing Christians .

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

But how many years ago was that?

Nowadays Christian churches just want your money, they are not really bothered about your soul!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Good thread Dr UAE to squelch some misinformation! I found this article the other day titled Saudis to allow construction of a Catholic church? and figured I'd add it here as there's still civility here. It's from over 2 years ago and I can't speak for the credibility of the source but I still think it's worthy to be posted.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

There are still no churches at all in Saudi Arabia.

The last I heard, sometime last year, was that they are talking about building a non-denomnational church in Riyadh but no building work has started yet.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well you seem to have a picture as to what constitutes a Church .Does it have to have a denomination?,How about a steeple? The truth of the matter is that where 2 or more are gathered in His name He is there .To say that there are no Churches over there is to assume that there are no Christians gathering together to remember His death .

<< 1    3 >>

join