It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preview feature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Many boards now have a feature where you can run the cursor over the thread title and see the first few lines of the post displayed in a box. I really like this feature and I think it would be a great addition to ATS, mainly because many thread titles are misleading, and, well, the quality of the post doesn't always match the title. That is, of course, except for the posters on the Short List!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I call upon my powers as a disinfo agent to bump my suggestion!
Bump.
I really want this feature!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yeah, I find myself still waiting for a message box to pop up when I mouse over.... even after being here for a little while now. It's a nice feature, just wonder how much a pain it is to implement something like that. Agree with your synopsis of 'thread title doesn't match content'.

Maybe we'll get it when the 'new' 2010 version comes out... unless your a disinfo agent, then I wouldn't count on it.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
We actually had that long ago, but had to remove the feature.

The preview method actually ends up adding quite a bit of load to both the database server (querying a portion of the first post of every thread displayed) and web server (adding that text to the overall "weight" of the page in kilobytes) that was unsupportable for our level of traffic (160,000+ visitors and 800,000+ pages viewed every day).

Smaller low-traffic sites can support features like that... or large well-funded mega-sites... but not sites like us somewhere in the middle.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Bummer!
Maybe I can speak to the disinfo agents union and get some money to help!

thanks for the reply!

new topics

top topics

join