It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Says It Will Begin Fueling Iran's First Nuclear Plant Next Week

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Russia Says It Will Begin Fueling Iran's First Nuclear Plant Next Week

www.foxnews.com

MOSCOW — Russia will load fuel into Iran's first nuclear power plant next week despite U.S. demands to prevent Iran obtaining nuclear energy until the country proves that it's not pursuing a weapons capacity, officials said Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Is this something we should be concerned about?

Is Iran really just trying to build a nuclear power plant? Are they really not trying to pursue nuclear weapons?

I have a hard time believeing that!

This feels like the Cold War, part two....

Do you think that Iran can enrich the uranium fuel to weapons grade uranium?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+46 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Everything Iran has produced so far has been inspected and monitored, and there has been no diversion of any material for other uses.
The US pushing Iran to prove they are not engaged in weapons development is a move calculated to provide only one outcome - they can't! It is impossible for them to prove they are NOT doing something, and the US government know it.

I don't lie awake at night worrying about what Iran is up to, they are not a threat to us. The only ones getting all worked up are those pushing for war, at any cost, both in lives and financially, to enrich themselves both financially and politically. They worry me.... a lot!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Russia will clearly do what Russia wants. Our current administration does not get that.

Russian Lukoil will begin selling gasoline to Iran in spite of any weak UN sanctions. Obama thinks these sanctions are the bees knees yet Russia and China could care less.

If there is a dollar to be made, Russia is there. Slap to the US and to the irrelevant UN and their sanctions. No one wants to back the sanctions up!!!

Now the nuclear reactor... We all know where this is heading...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Sort of a continuing discussion already in this thread if you're interested.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleStarGal

Yes, this is something to be very worried about. Israel has shown us in the past that they have balls. I see no reason why one would come to a conlusion other than; there is a very high probability that Israel will attack this reactor before the fuel is delivered.

Why would they wait until the fuel is delivered and risk the lives of possibly thousands, maybe hundereds of thousands of innocent people likely from neighboring countries and possibly from their own.

I say a very high probability, instead of a high probability because of what those ex-CIA members said to Obama.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by sliceNodice]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You cant really make nuclear weapons out of reactor fuel...2 different animals

You CAN make dirty bombs with it though.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Iran has been completely transparent with their nuclear program, at least more than everyone else in the region who has such a program. As much as I wouldn't like to see any new country get their hands on nuclear weapons, I think Iran would be one of the countries we least need to worry about. This doesn't mean that we don't need to or shouldn't worry, only that other more beligerent, aggressive and hostile nations have already armed themselves with nukes. Iran may actually provide some balance to the equation.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BingeBob

Even if they don't enrich the uranium to the level 0f 94/95% they can always get plutonium from the used reactor rods and go on from there. The same rods that are being placed next saterday.
If you all feel safe by these ideas that's your call, the Iranian people dont trust their own government but you do (airspoon e.a) i hope ignorance is bliss for you guys..

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

I agree. You can get the necessary material from spent reactor rods, however, I think Russia has already agreed to inventory and be accountable for every rod. Therefore, Iran won't be able to keep the spent reactor rods to use for other stuff.

This means the US and/or Israel will have to strike the Reactor before next Saturday, or risk creating a radioactive fallout.

On the one hand, Iran needs an alternative energy source. We all know that fossil fuels are quickly becoming taboo, and that they will eventually run out or be outlawed. Therefore Iran should be allowed to plan for the future and create infrastructure to support its future.

On the other hand, A-jad has publicly decried that he wants the annihilation of Israel. Therefore as an ally of Israel, we cannot let him get his hands on the weapons that could fulfill his dream of destroying Israel.

Still, it is widely known that Israel already has these weapons, and the Middle East is not a large enough area to be able to precisely use the weapons without getting some of the fallout and repercussions back on your own soil. It is highly doubtful that any of these nations would use the weapons, even if they had them.

I have no idea what to think at this point, and I am glad that it is not my decision to make!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao

Originally posted by BingeBob

Even if they don't enrich the uranium to the level 0f 94/95% they can always get plutonium from the used reactor rods and go on from there. The same rods that are being placed next saterday.
If you all feel safe by these ideas that's your call, the Iranian people dont trust their own government but you do (airspoon e.a) i hope ignorance is bliss for you guys..
[edit on 13-8-2010 by Foppezao]

Nope...You cant make weapons grade nuclear material out of reactor fuel...Well economically you cant...why not just buy weapons grade from russia? No need to refine plutonium at a nuke plant....The plant runs on enriched uranium btw.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So if everything is true, Israel should begin surgical strikes next week? I remember seeing them saying they needed to strike before the plants came online sooooo...well see

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If they are going to be fair about this matter then I don't understand all the hoopla over Iran having a Nuclear reactor ?

I find this to be hypocritical especially considering how long the British and US have been trying to get Iran back.

When it comes to Nuclear weaponry , Has anyone considered what North Korea has done ?

When North Korea has done the following:

1.Developed and tested proven Nuclear Weapons
2. Developed ballistic Missile based delivery capability
3. Threatened to use them on the US and Japan.

Why aren't the Israeli's and US threatening to bomb them ?

The Simple and obvious answer is that they haven't any Oil and Natural Gas reserves. For the Rothschild owned Zionists to grab for even more wealth and control.

Iran also is one of 5 nations, which do not have a Rothschild owned and controlled Central Bank , as is our Federal Reserve Bank

I cannot believe how gullible people are especially after the same types of baseless claims, in the threat of Weapons of Mass Destruction were used to invade Iraq.

When in actuality it had much more to do with Saddam selling his oil for Euros instead of Dollars, and cutting the Rothschild out.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Bombs will be dropping....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9cb452fdee2c.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 13-8-2010 by camaro68ss]

[edit on 13-8-2010 by camaro68ss]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Nuclear power is an internationally approved power source.
Even Russia knows not to go into the Tesla science for power.
Don't worry be happy.

Suicide walkers or other A bomb delivery systems that might
be supplied by IRAN might be a concern if even possible at
any time IRAN did produce Weapons of Mass Destruction.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Nuclear power is an internationally approved power source.
Even Russia knows not to go into the Tesla science for power.
Don't worry be happy.

Suicide walkers or other A bomb delivery systems that might
be supplied by IRAN might be a concern if even possible at
any time IRAN did produce Weapons of Mass Destruction.

They sit on a Butt load of oil. Why do they need nuclear power? i can only think of one reason and that is for the bomb.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
someone needs to let the government know that they only control the united states, not the rest of the world. doesn't it bother anyone else that the government is trying to act like it can tell everyone what to do? when the entire world starts to obey one country what we have is a one world government and i thought you were all against that? in my opinion it is none of our business what these small middle eastern countries do and if they want to make some cheap energy i don't see the problem. iran probably doesn't have anything that could reach america anyway. fear mongering at it's best.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It is funny how all the previous threads about this situation with Iran getting their nuke plant up and running were all but positive.
Threads about how Obama threatened Iran to Stop or else
or how the war was looking more inevitable than ever and the US
was placing armored defense all around Iran.
And now all is OK cause there really is no threat..??

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

They sit on a Butt load of oil. Why do they need nuclear power? i can only think of one reason and that is for the bomb.

And Russia is right next to IRAN.
I don't think Russia wants any bombs going off nearby.
So Russia is giving IRAN the bomb.
Well both countries have oil to sell and having nuclear power
gives both countries more oil to sell.

With the development of the work of Tesla in power and energy
both oil and nuclear power would be supplanted and not good
for either country.
But good for America.
Cause we would not need Russian or IRAN oil or the oil sellers.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Theres alot more to this to consider. I agree with the comments on the Wests hypocricy. I disagree with the sentiment that having oil means they should use that entirely for power....um oil is none so clean burning might be considered and is far more expensive. Its surely more profitable to use the oil in other applications as well.

russia is involved, deeply. That is the real concern to me. Do you think they would be moving forward on this deal if they really thought the US and Israel are going to attack? If they are continuing with the delivery while at the same time thinking there will be an attack...well then that causes me pause...convenient scapegoat in that scenario.

Any way you look at it though Russia is doing big business with Iran, they want to sell them fuel rods and make that profit...what do you think they will do when we close down an avenue for income?

I hope that nobody is foolish enough to take this any further then rhetoric

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join