It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Turks hit PKK with chemical weapons'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

'Turks hit PKK with chemical weapons'

www.jpost.com

Report: German newspaper says photos of dead Kurds confirm use. BERLIN – German politicians called on Thursday for an international investigation into the reported use of chemical weapons by the Turkish military. The weapons were used against members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), according to the online edition of the German weekly magazine Der Spiegel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.congoo.com

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
wow if this turns out to be true the Consequences for Turkey will be huge! I have not found anything to confirm this yet but a bucnh of blogs going off of the j post article.still looking for the pictures. .

German experts have confirmed the authenticity of photographs that purport to show PKK fighters killed by chemical weapons. The evidence puts increasing pressure on the Turkish government, which has long been suspected of using such weapons against Kurdish rebels. German politicians are demanding an investigation.

source

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit to add the link to the german magazine that broke the story

[edit on 12-8-2010 by paradiselost333]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I wonder what was the reason for this. Can you imagine Turkey being punished around the world?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Jpost? An Israeli media outlet?

Whats the chemical weapons, white phos?

Clearly an attempt at shifting the Flotilla focus!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333
Sounds very suspicious to me.

from Jerusalem Post
1) Deaths alleged to have occurred last Sept.

2) Photos "somehow" got to German forensic lab. No date given

3) German forensic examination of photos determines "chemical weapons" again no date given

3) Today Germany calls for international investigation.

From Spiegel:
1) "The victims are scarcely even recognizable as human beings".
yet they are identified as PKK
2) " In March, the activists gave the photos to a German human rights
delegation comprised of Turkey experts, journalists and politicians
from the far-left Left Party, as SPIEGEL reported at the end of July."

Turkey experts: journalists and politicians. Reminds me of the Iraq Study Group in the US Pentagon that "had absolute proof" of WMD.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by pthena]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I wonder what was the reason for this. Can you imagine Turkey being punished around the world?

The reason is pretty obvious, Israel is taking revenge against Turkey's legitimate reaction to the Flotilla Murders of Humanitarians.

We know Israel is a ruthless thug with no regards to International law, or for humanity because they think they are the chosen people of GOD.

Why would you use Chemical weapons against a weak force such as PKK is beyond any rational/logical understand.

It is orchestrated to undermine the current Flotilla investigations.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Huge consequences for Turkey? Oh dear, don't fool yourself.

Do these look like bodies that have been killed by chemical weapons?
Warning, link contains graphic content. 18+

Pffft, still "members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK)"? They are the real terrorists, criminals selling drugs and bloody murderers. When will the media get that already.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal
That's not the same incident. The photos you link to seem to be from 1July2010. The alleged Chem weapons is from Sep 2009.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53
Aaaaand the story goes viral. With every media outlet quoting the original spiegel story.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
the Turkish Foreign Ministry rejected the claims, saying, "Turkey is a signatory to the Chemical Weapons Convention, and its armed forces do not possess any biological or chemical weapons."

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I would have to conclude thaat white phosphorus, was the so called chemical agent.
If turkey is punished for this then what kind of punishment is due the US army for the horror of Fallujah?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling
do you have a source for the white phosphorus? That would indeed be hard to prosecute since US and Israel use this Chemical/Incendiary routinely since the US got away with using it in Fallujah.

The US statement was something like, "of course the deliberate use as a weapon would be illegal, we used it as a smoke screen, and battlefield illuminator." In my book, that's right up there with shooting some one directly in the face from 2 feet away with a tear gas canister, crushing their skull, then saying, "Of course it would be a crime to deliberately kill the person, I was just trying to disperse a crowd."

This is interesting. Turkey has been trying to prosecute Israel for using white phosphorus since Feb 7, 2009

www.worldpress.org...
SAUDI ARABIA — Arab News, (Feb. 7): A Turkish state prosecutor has launched an investigation into allegations that Israel's offensive in Gaza amounted to genocide and crimes against humanity, a human rights group said yesterday. … The complaint named 19 people including Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, President Shimon Peres, as well as Israel's Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni and Defense Minister Ehud Barak. … "We submitted the complaint against those who we could prove were in some way responsible for giving orders for the attack on Gaza," Meryem Sari, an attorney, said. "The complaint asks that Turkey be given the right to try the people mentioned."

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I agree that it is very suspicious but I realy dont think the entire thing is fabricated, there has to be something to this IMO.
I think eveyone but Israel woulld benefit from covering this up"TPTB"
cant wait to see how this turns out !

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

there has to be something to this IMO.

I read a book by Edward Said back before the US invasion of Iraq, The Tragedy of Kurdistan, the tragedy being that there was no Kurdistan, and nobody much cared. Long history of repression from Turkey, Syria, Iraq, sometimes Iran, but usually indifference.

After the US invasion, the PKK stands as the group that any one and every one is allowed to kill because they're "terrorists don't you know". Intensive aerial and artillery shelling by US early in the occupation, permission for Turkey to cross the border to attack them. Shocking but true that the US allows Iran to fire their artillery into Iraqi territory as long as it's to attack the PKK.

In my view therefore, I consider it to be the worst kind of political cynicism for some government now to use humanitarian concern for the PKK in order to brand another government as violators of humanity.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Turkey has been pretty empathetic towards Iran lately, and hyper critical of Israel.

Could this be a way to lump them together when SHTF? Germany proving Turkey is using chemical weapons against its own people, similar to Saddam. Then nobody has to worry about "defending" themselves agains Turkey when we go into Iran.

Let the demonization of another country begin. We have to make them evil before we can blow the hell out of them.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Actually it's very much the case that Turkey has been using chemical weapons against the Kurds. Saddam isn't the only one to have gassed them.

What this is, and what you will see more of, is the Jewish Lobby hitting back at Turkey over Turkey attacking Israel politically and with the flotilla debacle.

Paybacks a b****.

The Turks think their country is a super power, or on the verge of becoming one.
They are about to be cut down to size from the waste under.

It's also no coincidence that PKK attacks have increased since Turkey's outbursts against Israel.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

yea I think you have good point but I am begining to think this was all a farse , but maybe not I just thought the MSM would have been all over this by now...you know trying to get to the bottom of it!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Fair play to you for bringing this up - but I can smell some serious kanker on this story.

I wouldn't be surprised if it has been 'trended' by Megaphone either.

Parallex.

new topics

top topics

join