It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Infants Growing Breasts: Another Disaster From Hormones in Milk Production

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Female Infants Growing Breasts: Another Disaster From Hormones in Milk Production

Here's the article from the Huffington Post: Source Article

Here's an excerpt:

According to the official Chinese Daily newspaper, medical tests performed on the babies found levels of estrogens circulating in their bloodstreams that are as high as those found in most adult women. These babies are between four and 15 months old. And the evidence is overwhelming that the milk formula they have been fed is responsible.

And just a bit more:

Along with China, the U.S. is today one of the few countries in the world that still allows bovine growth hormones to be injected into dairy cows. Though banned in Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and most of Europe, the use of these hormones in U.S. dairy is not only legal, it's routine in all 50 states.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's not like we couldn't see this coming folks. I've got to go for the organically grown beef and milk. Don't want to wind up needing a "bro". Always fun to see the Monsanto name in these articles, any surprise there?

They might have to rethink the ad campaign. I'm thinking maybe:

Got Breasts?

It's catchy, apparently a little too catchy.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Hemisphere]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
problem that is bound to get worse...

The most damning evidence of the impact of estrogens in water was found in male fish swimming downstream from estrogen-containing water sources. In 2004, in Colorado, male fish were found to have both male and female sexual characteristics, such as partially developed ova, or eggs, in their testes. Fish damaged in this way have been found in the United States, Great Britain, Italy and other countries. This sex-related damage to fish may not be significant but researchers suggest that it's a warning of potential dangers to humans.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Besides all the additives, it boggles my mind that humans actually consume and seem to enjoy the white secretion of another species...
only humans, sheesh. It' just not natural.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i've always been thankful for my lactose intolerance.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Wait a second. So if you want bigger boobs just ingest a whole lot of milk?

I think the dairy council needs to rethink it's advertising.

Phase 1: Inject Dairy Cows with Growth Hormone
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit

There's a business model to be had here. Just need to figure it out.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Phase 2 = "Got Boobs?" campaign.

Imagine the pix you could use! LOL

On topic, I switched to organic milk some years ago. Yes, I'm an adult, but God help me, I still love warm choco chip cookies and cold milk!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
All my sons had breasts for a couple of weeks after they were born. Why? Because of my hormones. This was back in the early 80's.

With my oldest son, of course I was very concerned, but the pediatrician told me this is very normal.

Another symptom of hormones in my babies, from me? All 4 of my kids had acne break outs within a few weeks of being born. Also very common and suspected from the hormones they get from Mom.

It just is what it is, which is hormones from the mother. You can't blame this on milk, in my case, because if I drink 2 glasses of it in a year, I am over my limit! I have always hated milk! I don't eat cereal with milk in it, either. I don't do dairy!

I am calling b.s. on this article!

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It's been known since the 80's that hormones in milk cause enlarged breasts in female humans.

That's why they call them whoremones.

I'd like to evaluate these gals.. have them call me in 18 years.

Seriously, From my studies into health and nutrition, Milk = Evil.

Even a cow will not touch milk once it's been weened from it's mother. Milk causes all types of health problems in Humans aside from the hormones like excess mucus build up and serious ear infections in babies.

My sister once looked at all the organic health info I would tell her as quackery till her baby suffered from a bad reoccurring ear infection for 6 long agonizing months. Doctors would just treat with antibiotics that did not work while the child suffered. I pleaded with her to stop the milk in his diet to no avail till one day she was at her wits end.

As soon as she switched to soy milk the problem healed itself and did not return.

Now we know excess soy can be very bad for a boy due to all the estrogen it gives so be careful and limit a childs intake.

It's sad the doctors close mindedness and greed caused them to worry more about writing prescriptions than solving this childs problem when milk causing ear infections in children is common knowledge in organic health circles and the dr. could have solved this kids suffering with the first visit.

Doctors = Evil.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

As soon as she switched to soy milk the problem healed itself and did not return.

Now we know excess soy can be very bad for a boy due to all the estrogen it gives so be careful and limit a childs intake.

Thanks for the input JP. One thing I think we can all agree on is people have varied reactions to a number of food products. Here's a little more on Soy as it is a popular milk replacement:

Is soy healthy?

An excerpt from that:

The core of their concerns rests with the chemical makeup of soy: in addition to all the nutrients and protein, soy contains a natural chemical that mimics estrogen, the female hormone. Some studies in animals show that this chemical can alter sexual development. And in fact, 2 glasses of soy milk/day, over the course of one month, contain enough of the chemical to change the timing of a woman’s menstrual cycle.

And then this:

Monsanto v. Food Inc. over How to Feed the World

I mentioned them at the top of the thread. Monsanto has their hand in many pies.

Is there some secretive initiative to feed us estrogen? Perhaps to further "feminize" the population. Just a harmless question.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

I fell for the Soy thing for a while, then got wise to it. I do ingest a bit of organic soymilk with oatmeal, but if you think about it ... how good can it be for your body to receive the soy nutrients in one gulp ... if you eat a soy bean, your chewing excretes the enzymes to digest it. But when it gets chugged down the throat, there's not much digesting going on.. same thing with fruit juices.

Or you can go totally metaphysical and say that you can ingest absolutely anything ... your perception of what you are eating and your intent for it will override anything else. Sometimes I do that with water, if I have to drink the flouridated stuff!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The estrogen content in milk is pretty damn low, there is no estrogen in milk from cows that aren't pregnant which is where the majority of milk comes from, at least mine does.

The increase in breast size is from IGF-1

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I drink milk in excess, I love the stuff, somehow drinking excretions from another animal with a plate of chocolate chip cookies is just tasty, and maybe it is just me. So far I have not suffered any ill effects, if anything I am quite strong and healthy, never a broken bone with one exception where I stopped drinking it for a bit due to it being an unneeded expense at the time, and I have had some pretty tough falls, though some of my friends are not as lucky with estrogen found in foods.

There is estrogen in certain vegetables as well, and have been told that it does not effect humans the same way as animal hormones, unfortunate for my friend who is now awaiting surgery to remove his man boobs, this is not necessarily true. On a side note, it isn’t really funny but when he told me that his doctor suggested he wear a bra to alleviate discomfort, I suggested one that opens in the front so his wife could have easy access. I tried to lighten his mood a bit, but now he is waiting for the surgery and he states he will be a little more careful about what foods he consumes in the future.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Another thing about milk is it contains pus and urine. The Gov admits they do not have the ability to screen this stuff out.

Have you had your pus and urine today?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I did not read this entire thread, but want to make comment on this.

Back quite a few years ago while trying to rescue my daughter cat, from the neibhors. The cat bit me several times, as a result of the cats bite, my hand became badly infected, because cats mouth is so dirty not like a dogs.
Anyhow I took a bunch of advils for the pain and swelling, well from taking so many advils I developed a bleeding ulcer, when I got up in morning it was like a cup full of blood, well rather than go to Doctor I started to drink over agallon of milk everyday for the ulcer.
Well it was not to long I had a pain in one of my breast, and it grew I thought, Oh dang male brest cancer, then after a little while the other one hurt and got bigger, so now I have big nips and breast.
This got me to thinking about, BOVINE GROWTH HORMONE, what else could of cause this?
You can can find out the milk companies thet don't put it BGH in their cow's but not the ones that do, it's the law.
Any how does any one know if I can sue, and it is true Drink milk grow boobs.

Yes it cost alot to have male boobs removed, and those body building pills will make some people grow boobs, but I never took them.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It is one thing to have dodgy workers at the factory end putting stuff in the milk. But the corporate's are just a bad in my opinion.

The top guys at Fonterra in New Zealand ( by their own admition) knew about the Melamine in the infant formulas last time and did NOTHING USEFUL about it while kids died. They could have gone to the press at any stage to put out a warning, especially when they realized a public recall was not going to happen sooner but late ( if at all ) They left it a whole month.

Instead choosing to pander to the Chinese government and take part in the cover up. How did these people sleep at night all the while knowing kids were dying, and it could have been stopped with a ph call.

I am deeply ashamed these people came from my country. I personally would like to have seen them charged and jailed.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
it's not ONLY in the milk production, it's in the meat itself, to make it grow faster to produce more..

yea, my nieces are a victim's as well..

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay
reply to post by Hemisphere

I fell for the Soy thing for a while, then got wise to it. I do ingest a bit of organic soymilk with oatmeal, but if you think about it ... how good can it be for your body to receive the soy nutrients in one gulp ... if you eat a soy bean, your chewing excretes the enzymes to digest it. But when it gets chugged down the throat, there's not much digesting going on.. same thing with fruit juices.

Or you can go totally metaphysical and say that you can ingest absolutely anything ... your perception of what you are eating and your intent for it will override anything else. Sometimes I do that with water, if I have to drink the flouridated stuff!

I've been hearing soy is not good for you, I spouted some a few times some weeks back.
Now this one kind of eat anything guy is also saying this almond milk is not good for you either.
I think The Christ said not to be concerned with what you ate.
I eat mainly fruit now myself, I had quit for a while, because I thought I was envoking Satan by eating nothing but fruit, after Noah, God said the animals would be your meat, I thought I was going against God.
I thought it was Satan making me astral project and so on, but now I don't believe Satan, and I eat about all fruit or live food, or juice vegatables, with lots of olive oil, you need the oil to process the food.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Babies with breastaces, are you sure it's not just baby fat?

Kids are developing at a much faster rate.

As if pedos aren't bad enough now, what happens once they see a kid with knockers?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

blu, I'm envious because you would seem to have broken free from food and drink.
They are two of my most frequent and favorite vices.

There is much to what you say regarding breaking down various foods into their components such as with fruit juice. Some things get "lost in the sauce" if you'll pardon the pun. If your body doesn't digest and process from the whole foods it likely loses some its' ability to do so. And so we wind up taking things like fiber supplements to replace that. We also don't burn the calories required to process those foods in their original forms.

I look at it this way, none of our foods developed in the wild specifically to feed humans. We are omnivores and developed to take advantage of a wide variety of food stuffs. Now some of those food stuffs, due to our "brain power", have moved substantially away from their original forms. And so we are once again in a stage of trial and error tasting things on the plains of life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join