It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me prepare!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
thanks guys but i had those radiation questions, look australia in nuclear war has a very low probability of been nuked but in case...

how much radiation is safe in an hour? how much radiation is safe in a day and how long does it take for radiation to leave the system??

By the sounds of things maybe i need a boat not a bloody bush hide out, but regardless when war strikes i'm going bush deep bush for a few years.. thanks god i'll still have internet and mobile phones providing they don't get knocked out first...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienslayer

By the sounds of things maybe i need a boat not a bloody bush hide out, but regardless when war strikes i'm going bush deep bush for a few years.. thanks god i'll still have internet and mobile phones providing they don't get knocked out first...

satalite net is your best option if you want to keep your net.

living in the bush might be your best option if you want to run away from the problem. you can live off the land. learning how to use a bow and arrows and guns would be great.

22 caliber guns are cheap and ammo is easy to get. 22 is great for small game.

learning how to make spears and bows and staying clean in the bush is a great idea

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienslayer

having a freshwater source nearby is good, but you should invest in a nice waterfilter in any case

there is a brand out there that uses CAD9 filtration, meaning it removes 99.999999999% of pathogens from the water, most home filters are only CAD3(99.999%)

you can figure out who sells that on your own

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ok...lets be REAL here. I have been though survival training in the Marines...and I work on the streets every day (LEO). I have been through combat...whatever...I have some experience...and I weight train 4 days a week...5'11 190lbs 9% bodyfat.

There is survival and then there is SURVIVAL. The most important thing to get across to everyone here and everyone out in the real world is practical multi-purpose-use products. What I mean by that is obtain the absolute necessities. Food, Water, Protection, Shelter, Medical, and equally important for mental health is practical Entertainment.

Here is the issue I ran into. I am married with two kids. My wife is not into the whole doomsday thing and finds it a waste of money when I drop 100 dollars on a field water purification pump...I hear about it for a week...So...here's the trick.

Numer 1 rule for all "Survivalists" dont call survival supplise "Survival Gear" call it EMERGENCY GEAR...for all the sheeple they are more receptive and less fearful...especially when bragging to coworkers or family and friends about your latest purchace of Emergency MRE's...looks safer and more sane on the surface but means the same thing "Survival Gear" cause thats what were in the buisness of...surviving!

Be practical based on your basic needs first and get a few containers and start putting items in them slowely but surely over a period of time.

Food. Go to the grocery store and buy a big bag of beans, flour, and sugar. Then go snag up a few cartins of green beans (16 pack) and corn...that is almost vegiee for 48 some days...not bad for about 20 bucks.
Grab some canned food....that can be expensive if you get the good kind. Go online and purchace a months worth of MRE's for like 77 bucks...
www.thereadystore.com...
Buy another 'main meal entree' case of 24 for like 57 bucks...
www.thereadystore.com...

That will give you food for a few months and it will store for a long time...in a dark and room tempurature room...thats a good start but make sure you throw in some hard candy for moral booster...

*you seriously dont want to be shooting squirrles with a slingshot...lets be realistic here..not much to eat and no fat...you need lots of fat when surviving...converts more energy and things like squirrles and rabbits can kill you if eaten for long periods of time...cause its just protien and it will shut down your kidneys from protien poison...but thats worse case and would probably take a while...months and months.

Water. Probably most important. Yes...you will have 55-75 gallons in your water tank, water in toilet, bathtub, washing machine, and you can divert water into big 55 gallon barrels drums from your guttering system...but that is sorta impractical and overkill (lets be real).
Go to the store and buy a few 5-10 gallon purified water and put it with your food at room temperature and NO SUNLIGHT ON IT...less light the better...no alge will grow in it when stored for long periods but alge wont hurt you...actually good for you. Then go buy a few weeks of canned-long-term (30 year shelf life) case of water. 4.2 oz water packets...there are 64 of them. www.thereadystore.com... The reason I say grab this is beause its only 30 bucks and its 64 individual usage. If you have to be out and about you dont want to carry huge water juggs around...throw a few in your back or pocket and go...use these as last resort though or a moral booster from drinking the nasty shi7 out of the gutter. Then get a water purifier (field hand-pump)...works up to 500-1000 gallons...so you can filter (and render biologically safe) nasty water out on the streets or in a stream or river. I also grabbed a little straw-like water purifier...basically stick it in the river and drink straight from it but it passes through the filter and cleans it...threw it in my buggout bag.

Medical. Very important if you have a medial condition to have PLENTY of extra meds (however you can get them). You might want to save up a few muscle relaxers or high power meds in case you get hurt and have to self operate or stitch a wound closed. Have lots of sterilizing alcohol and wipes. Bandages, wraps, splints, petro gel, eye drops, advil, tylonol, aleve, huge thing of tumms, anit diarea pills (lots of them beause you loose most water when you crap it out beause your sick...kill you very quick if you loose water) Sutcher kit, field surgical kit, grab a good ol field med kit...get to thinking about things you'll need. Lots of sanitary products for cleaning things...antibacterial products!!!

Saftey/hunting/protection. 12g shotgun...go to wal mart and get a box of 100 shells for 20 buck. 22 rifle. go buy a box of 500 shells for 20 bucks. You will absolutely want an air rifle or bb gun. They are silent and acurate and good for hunting small game and go buy lots of BBS and Pellets for cheap. Go buy a few knives. 1 fixed blade (rambo knife or Marine Corps K-Bar), multi tool knife, small pocket knife, and a few spare knives....can go wrong with spare knives!

Shelter. Get a decent tent...no flashy colors along with a low grade temperature sleeping bag (you'll wish you spent the money on a good one when your cold trust me). Have a few space blankets handy their worth it. For the love of god purchace a rollout mat that you can put under you on the ground...you will pray to the gods because you got one.

I didnt include COMMUNICATION beause were being practical...if you have a few two-way radios that is good. Go buy a small solar-powered hand crank radio...mine has a LED light with all sorts of cool things on it.

Extra Musts...LED Lights...get a head mounted LED light, Plenty of Fire...waterproof matches, batteries, chapstick, gum, wristwatch, get some good underarmour long jon's with a shirt...to have under your clothes. Cold and hot weather clothing...nothing flashy or bright colored.

Have little bag in your car with alittle of all of these things in them... on and for practical radiation supplise for nuclear fallout...www.ki4u.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Hi guys i've been following the threads and news for some time and this # is getting all too real, i mean the news everything.

now locally and in the national news i hear nothing but online i see many credible threads about ww3 and everything else

now before i go on i'll tell the following, 4 air craft carriers sitting off iran.... bills passed to allow massive troops to attack iran... obamam given iran a deadline of september to stop it's nuclear powers coming forward...

and now i read iran is threatening to stop oil trade with the west. after seeing the war in iraq for oil i presume iran is going the same path...

When usa and uk attack iran russia and china will attack usa and uk henceforth ww3 reaching a climax of nuclear war by 2012 but the start occuring october 2010 as seen in predictions

So everyone help me prepare.. i for one and i belive also 80% of our country will not fight....... they will say no to conscription, it is going to be upon us in the early days many of us will head out bush.

Now come 2012 nuclear war and fallout i need shelter from i do not believe Australia will be keft unmarked as our foolish leaders will take us to war and we will in ww3 be invaded and nuked also .

Now help me with the following...

I'll start with what i have, i know of a place that is within a 40km radius to several major and minor towns that will not be a target of nuclear bombs. It is sheltered and offers protection from elements and also offers natural protection to hide my existance there

It has fresh water running via a river system and it also has a couple of large lakes nearby... also has fresh running waterfalls and natural baths.. as well as open areas for use of solar power...

it's accessable via dirt road and yet can be concealed so nobody knows of the existance once i park up the vehicles they will be used to simply transport me within 20km-30km day or 2 walking distance to a town for supplies...

i've got tents and tin and wood as well as supplies and tools and medical gear... i've got all this ready..

The only thing i want to know is radiation? what will offer me the ebst protection from radiation fallout now look regardless if a nuke hits overseas in ww3 many nukes will fall and eventually the fallout will hit me there is no stopping it

Now i know i can survive a month without food but only a week without water. I can ration canned food. canned foods can be stored for years and fresh fruits nearby can be eaten. medical suplies for emergency only... now canned foods a can a day will let me live on for enough time to survive WW3.... however upon nuclear fallout the lakes and rivers will be contaminated,.

How can i purify water simple and easily? without using much resources in the bush. i'm not sure if boiling and capturing steam will prevent radiation.

Unfrotunatly in australia guns are hard to get otherwise i'd have a large stockpile of weapons and ammunition already out there.

fuel will be my largest problem, once pumps shut off and trucks stop running things will get tricky.

so guys i need and suggestions you have. Any info u can provide that might assist with me preparing for the inevitable

Right now i've got planned about 1,000 cans of assorted food, at least 800L drinking water in bottles/containers all this i am ready to buy and have room to store in a shelter out bush i know a good spot.

It's for 2 people but i am waiting.. If usa attacks iran i know WW3 will happen by 2012 and i will go bush immediatly anyone in Australia who wishes to join me and help me prepare for the future message back

Otherwise what other equipment can you suggest? anything u can think of i have room to hide 2 vehicles and a trailer only

Alien slayer? Are you a republican? Goin Alien slayin' on the boarder with Sheriff Joe.

Sorry.

Anyways. To quote Douglas Adams, "Don't Panic." Tastes like strawberries right?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
ahhh cool like i said can;'t get guns here though, seems we r on the right track though

a mixture of vegies meat and fatty goods as well as lots of fattening # cos ultimatly going out in the bush fat will keep you alive longer

that's my excuse for putting on weight now anyway

well medical gear will probably be limited i mean only so much u can do ultimatly if we get invaded and break a leg or worse shot if i survive will be a surrender option outright

but apart from that yeh i know a good water source that has a high chance of not been contaminated also it rains lots here fresh water from the sky is tonnes

with a geiger meter i can measure if it's radioactive or not... of course if it is i'd be dead anyway

but u r right i forgot the most important thing ... entertainment i guess books and lots of books.. games, i never thought i'd have time for it out there surviving but i guess u need something to do.

realisit though if i were out there hiding chances are it would be in a tent and it would have a makeshift tarp set up makeshift toilet... big big hole in the ground
and a make shift shower on the river bank somewhere

well like i was saying stockpile now
come iran invasion i'll be out bush and worst case scenario i lose a bit of weight and have a 2 year camping trip

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I have a family ranch in the Mt's. 1,200 acres with 40 head of cattle. wild turkey, boar, deer, and lots of birds. natural spring year round and 7 fully stocked ponds for fishing. only problem is getting there. its 4 hours away. once im there we are set. got everything to live years for.

link   
by the way whats a republican? i'm australian

link   
by the way whats a republican? i'm australian

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think your canned food ideas are good but what if you get robbed? people are going to be hungery and people are going to find you. I think you should also brush up on your hunting and living off the earth skills as well.

My get out of town gear is only enough food for two people for about a month. I'm thinking thats all i need to get to my family ranch and start up my new life as a hunter and food planter. i would then save the rest of my MRE's for bad winters or emergence food if i run out of meat that i hunted or fished.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Won't happen, the track i found after i get vehicles there and hidden the track will be covered over i'll log big trees over it and nobody will ever know it existed by the time i'm done.

ppl will drive down the dirt road but the track running off won't exist..

it's walk in walk out from there and unless someone is readyy to walk 10km into bush land i doubt they'll find it

as for robbers well i'll get a gun in good time but i have to wait for the city to get bombed first and get looted... cos if u go in before hand getting a gun you'll prolly die

unlike in america we can't buy guns for our safety... we can't buy guns because we want to prepare for 2012

our laws are harsh on guns and it sucks. cos i want a automatic sniper rifle for hunting rabbits

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Won't happen, the track i found after i get vehicles there and hidden the track will be covered over i'll log big trees over it and nobody will ever know it existed by the time i'm done.

ppl will drive down the dirt road but the track running off won't exist..

it's walk in walk out from there and unless someone is readyy to walk 10km into bush land i doubt they'll find it

as for robbers well i'll get a gun in good time but i have to wait for the city to get bombed first and get looted... cos if u go in before hand getting a gun you'll prolly die

unlike in america we can't buy guns for our safety... we can't buy guns because we want to prepare for 2012

our laws are harsh on guns and it sucks. cos i want a automatic sniper rifle for hunting rabbits

lol auto sniper rifle for rabits is a little over kill but i get what your saying. I myself have a semi auto AR-15 mil spec with 2,000 rounds of .223. two .22 rifles with 1,500 rounds and a glock .45 with about 500 rounds.

Im sorry i never been to AUS but all i see is desert. is your hid out in the desert or a forest? and your term "bush" are you talking about a forest? we dont say bush here in the USA

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
parts of aus has nice forests especially the alpine region but bush is bush dude think big trees and shrubs but alot of it and compacted together

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
so you are held up in a forest then? is so that will help out with absoubing some of the fallout

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
OP, what 2012 prophecy are you talking about?

It seems that you're just tying current events into a convoluted scenario to suit the aforementioned "prophecy"

I respect your beliefs and I actually kind of admire the fact that you're willing to go above and beyond to survive and not let anyone decide your own fate for you. That's admirable, but I do think you are jumping the gun a bit.

So I ask again because I do not know. What exactly is this prophecy, who prophesized it, and why do you believe it?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

having a freshwater source nearby is good, but you should invest in a nice waterfilter in any case

there is a brand out there that uses CAD9 filtration, meaning it removes 99.999999999% of pathogens from the water, most home filters are only CAD3(99.999%)

knowing how to clean water in case your filter breaks,or if you run out of purification pills is just as important

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This thread was made to assist in sungazing for optimum health, reduced cancer, safely, without damage to the eyes, and increase your pineal gland. I've meditated for hours daily for quite some time and had wonderful experiences, but sungazing tops everything, and is so significant for your health when you do trust your instincts and learn to be responsive to your body and its needs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This kind of preparation, is as important for your knowing, for being in the right place at the time, to understand that you're infinite, that this is temporal, and the curtain can raise for us at any time, its not to be feared, nor is wishing disasters. But its a test, and Love passes.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The australian aborigines will track you and find your secret spot. You will get ganged and have all your hard work stolen. Id recommend buying a farm so you can officially go and buy yourself some real protection.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
aint that bloody true! our aboriginies are like your indians... FERAL!

and guys remember this is australia we don't have access to alot of things without people asking alot of question plus the added cost...

u wanna buy a geiger counter huh? yeh 2012 well the police will be interested in why..

now alot of the crap u mentioned is not nesacery and it's expensive

u don't wanna go blowing thousands on this stuff

guys i still have that radiation question though
nobody has been able to answer it yet

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Dude id do some research into hazmat laboratory full body coats and clothing. Im pretty sure the older (cheaper) lines would help protect you against radioactivity.

Take a look at ex-hospital equipment auctions and www.draegar.com.au

www.radshield.com...

[edit on 13-8-2010 by rajaten]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join