It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawking: Humans must colonise space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well dont know if this is the right forum but I found this an interesting news article on Stephen Hawkins most recent comments about mankind.

Here is the source.

Enjoy.

Hawkings News

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I totally agree with Hawking on this. I was actually speaking to some of my friends about this a few days ago. Crazy

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Either hes knows something and isn't telling everything, or possibly just possibly hes getting older, and people are afraid to ask him, about his mental welfare, and possible senility, or dimensia.

I am sure that he is not the only scientist today that can speak about the possible dangers of our world. The problems of today may actual come from our inability to change. How our basis of most things depend on people that have been dead for 100 years, or who have been around way to long, and not trusting that other opinions might be out there is the reason why we cant seem to advance.

He cannot be our only form of information concerning these things, unless he is willing to give just a little more information on where hes getting it.

If Whoudini were still alive, would we still ask his opinion on how he makes a quarter disappear?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Geehood

I do think a lot of sense come from this man. His whole life is invested in his work that sometimes yes experts are completely wrong, however with Hawkings I believe that he is often willing to stake his reputation as one of the Planets foremost thinkers (alongside Noam chomsky) on his words..

My only problem is that whoever (the US) gets to colonize somewhere first they are going to dictate who and how it is operated and there will be no "world" say just their say. No a great thought.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by sassyncute]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Completely agree with Hawking; just like when Eurpopeans set out across the Atlantic it is now time for Earth to go out and explore. I'm not sure about everyone else but I would VOLUNTEER my life to live in space. As I also am sure many of you would love to be part of the first of our species to navigate the stars and colonize the heavens. I'm sure it would help the economy flow better if we put effort into starting a moon base, mars base, etc. Hell maybe a Triton base. (I'm sure its Triton correct me if mistaken).

Explore the stars, for man strives for adventure.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AudioGhost

Agreed

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I personally agree with a poster above me about our inability to change. It is truly sad, and downright a crime against humanity to not allow our progress as a species to continue. Hopefully I will live to see us go to live on other planets.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
With all due respect S. Hawking,

How about let's take the quintillions we'd spend colonizing space and FIX WHAT WE HAVE FIRST! Especially before going out and ruining a whole new planet.

I mean come on, it isn't like the human race has a track record for taking care of what they conquer, nooo, as soon as they plant their flag they go about ruining whatever they touch and all the life forms therein.

UGH... When all we leave in the wake of 'onward and upward' is RUIN it's got to stop somewhere.

peace

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Whodini were an early hip hop group. I think you meant Houdini

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

Hawkins is fraud. He has done nothing and I mean nothing, He rides on others work and everyone excepts that because he is a cripple.

If this man could walk and talk he would be nothing. This is the truth.

Nothing he says can be backed up not one thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I say Hawkins should just make himself an example and go ahead and shoot himself into space now because the man is clearly an idiot.

Rather than solve any problems we may have on earth, he proposes we need to go into space. If this quack actually believes this planet wont be able to sustain us in 200 years then he is dumber than a rock and has no clue how to search out the information.

What Hawkins fails to tell you is that we do have enough food, land to live on, energy to sustain us for many more thousands of years before we need to even think about space. He is jumping the gun and is a fear monger.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I bet he`s a freemason working for the ptb, it`s just to get the people to hand money over willingly for a mission that is bogus. They all tell the same story, we`re doomed, give us your money and we will save you with our fantastic knowledge.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I completely agree with Hawking.

Humans must colonize space, so I suggest that all the best and brightest people work together, we can then build an efficient generational ship to get us to a habitable planet, and we can take with us the best that humanity has to offer.

That way the Republicans can have Earth all for themselves, hell, most of them think that the Earth is flat and humanity only showed up 6000 years ago anyway!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

hawkins is either holding out on us-or not up on all possililitys. im thinking/knowing we are already there...why didnt hawkins get the memo??

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

chill out dude!! are you a republican?? a trip out into space sounds good to me and oviously to one of the brightest minds today...its gonna/is happen(ing) anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
its starting to make sense,

hawking first said we should avoid aliens because they may be hostile if they exist,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

then he said any life we find out there would be like wild animals,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

now he says we should colonize space.

his prior articles are setting him up for this to ensure he has a good standing point on colonizing space...ARMED.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I couldent agree more with hawkins, i've held this opinion pretty much since i learnt such a thing was posible (my first episode of trek lol). humanity is doomed unless it make use of space, what hapened to the dinosours is a low probibility event but given time even the most unlikely events will hapen if we are not ready and prepered we are screwed and even then we will have to abandon sol someday when the sun goes red giant, all the beter to start now! remember the proverb 'never put all your eggs in one basket' well never put all your people on one planet. And do not delay, do not wait for the disaster to act, yes try to make the most of earth but acknolage our flaws and make contingencys for if we should fail to bring peace to our planet.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazabel51
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

chill out dude!! are you a republican?? a trip out into space sounds good to me and oviously to one of the brightest minds today...its gonna/is happen(ing) anyway.

Oh I agree.. a trip to space would be a blast. i'm not against that at all. I do not believe we need to go to space for the reasons Hawkings has put forth.

And no, not anywhere near a Republican nor am I a Demoncrat.. oh democrat.. sorry.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

kind of hard to colonize space when mr obama killed the space program

in favor of healthcare and nonstop entitlement programs

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It's an absolute fact that our species needs to move away from our mother, Earth, and into space. The Earth isn't going to be friendly to humankind for eternity - at some point, inevitably, it's going to start getting very uncomfortable.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Monger]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join