It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban publicly flog, then execute pregnant woman in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

HERAT, Afghanistan — The Taliban publicly flogged and then executed a pregnant Afghan widow by firing three shots into her head for alleged adultery, police said on Monday.

Bibi Sanubar, 35, was kept in captivity for three days before she was shot dead in a public trial on Sunday by a local Taliban commander in the Qadis district of the rural western province Badghis.

The Taliban accused Sanubar of having an "illicit affair" that left her pregnant. She was first punished with 200 lashes in public before being shot, deputy provincial police chief Ghulam Mohammad Sayeedi told AFP.

"She was shot in the head in public while she was still pregnant," Sayeedi said.

Sayeedi said a local Taliban commander, Mohammad Yousuf, carried out the execution before the woman's body was dumped in an area under government control.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: rawstory.com...

This news is absolutely disgusting and I just can't fathom how anyone could possibly agree with this kind of behavior. It's stories like this that give our presence there a twinkling of justification. Even still, no society or community is immune to absurd laws, or an injustice system, which ultimately makes that twinkling go away. What's that saying, "Don't point out splinters in your neighbor's eye, when you have a plank in your own?".

If this story is true, I hope these thugs get what's coming to them.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Be prepared for the apologists to decend. Apparently, regional/tribal/cultural actions such as this are to be tossed aside as judgemental on the part of the West. Or even better, they will say this story is propaganda to promote further war...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Agreed, I can't wait to see what sick # the Taliban lovers on this forum come out with this time. I find it disgusting how people can support a band of medieval savages like them.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Pro taliban - "who are you to judge there culture and the way they make justice." lol gets me every time

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Or that good old standby:

"If it is so bad, why don't the women rise up against it."

It is so bad! And this thread shows exactly why they can't stand up against it!

Star and Flag!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
A part of me says we should evac everyone who isn't taliban and just nuke the place from orbit to be rid of the savages.

but unfortunately we can't do that. what a horrible story.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I personally feel that the Taliban should be able to do what they want, as long as it doesn't affect us, though I certainly draw the line at abusing and/or killing children. As much as we may not agree with their treatment of women, many women there actually agree with this treatment. For instance the hijabs. Many Americans or westerners may look at the hijab as oppressive towards women and maybe it is, but that is really no more absurd than the western enforcement of women covering their breasts.

With that being said, it certainly doesn't make this incident right. We have to keep in mind that these absurd practices aren't indicative of the Taliban or Islam only, rather they spread through-out the world, though there are differences in the details. While children may be stoned to death there, we throw our own in prison (or seperate them from their parents) and allow them to be raped, tortured and murdered, all for supposed crimes that produce not a single victim. Their crimes [against nature] seem so evil because they are, while our own crimes get an excuse because we have been desensitized to them. I can only hope that instances such as this will only reflect those we fail to see. Again, in no way does this excuse the behavior or practices on either side, though I refuse to pick at splinters, as our own children are suffering too.

God save the King!!!

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
And these are the people who would LOVE to come over here in sleeper cells and do much much worse to our women and children. They have NO respect for human life and should be taken out completely.

This is what thousands of years of inbreeding and fanatic religiousness does to humanity. I cant imagine the atrocities which go unspoken by these evil bastards. Animal and human alike.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Where the hell was the UN? Where were the womens rights movements in their country? This is INSANE and a barbaric act of cruelty which needs to be irradicated.

I agree with the poster above, clear out the innocents and bomb the rest.

Let Allah sort out the rest.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Or, it could be that it's both horrific, barbaric, and horrible and propaganda all the same. These things are not mutually exclusive.

Nor are singular cases like this something we would go to war over.

We all know by now that the situation over there is far more complex than just assigning the name Taliban and screaming outrage at barbarism.

The very new democratic government is now again in collusion with the Taliban. Making deals and maneuvering. What is that government doing about this?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

At least it is one less Taliban child! Sounds harsh, and I am thoroughly against it, and I pray for our troops in the region trying to right these wrongs, but think about this......that pregnancy would have produced a child, possibly male, which child may have grown up to be a Taliban, and do the exact same thing to some other pregnant woman?

It is horrendous, but it passes from generation to generation. The US has made its share of mistakes, but we have quickly learned from them and corrected our behavior.

For instance, why flog a women who is sentenced to die? What is the point of 200 lashes if the next thing is to shoot her dead? Was it just for entertainment and enjoyment of the onlookers?

I say, that poor unborn child is better off this way. Too bad our troops are not allowed to treat the Taliban this way!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
And these are the people who would LOVE to come over here in sleeper cells and do much much worse to our women and children. They have NO respect for human life and should be taken out completely.

This is what thousands of years of inbreeding and fanatic religiousness does to humanity. I cant imagine the atrocities which go unspoken by these evil bastards. Animal and human alike.

The Taliban has never committed acts of terror on American soil, nor have they tried, according to the information that we have. You may be confusing the Taliban with Al Qaeda. You have to remember that there is a difference between the two. Even the Taliban offered to hand over Bin Laden, provided we produce some evidence against him relating to the attacks of 9/11. Any other country would have done the same. Some countries to which we have no extradition treaty wouldn't have even done that.

To say that the Taliban is trying to impose their will on us, here in America, is a stretch to say the least. Remember, it us imposing our will on them, for better or worse.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

agreed!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
That is what you get with theocratic nuts having guns and authority.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
It is horrendous, but it passes from generation to generation. The US has made its share of mistakes, but we have quickly learned from them and corrected our behavior.

It saddens me to think that the US it largely responsible for the Islamic radicalism in Afghanistan. When it was convenient, we bankrolled islamic schools and all sort of radical nuts just to make the life of the Soviets difficult. Now that these murderous chicken came roosting home, we can only shrug and debate "nuking them from orbit".

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What if it was Jesus who came back?

What if Jesus continues to try and return via natural birth again, and has been aborted many times in developed countries, and in Islamic countries the mother is killed?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by getreadyalready

It saddens me to think that the US it largely responsible for the Islamic radicalism in Afghanistan. When it was convenient, we bankrolled islamic schools and all sort of radical nuts just to make the life of the Soviets difficult. Now that these murderous chicken came roosting home, we can only shrug and debate "nuking them from orbit".

Agreed. Bin Laden, Hussein, even Castro have been allied with the US at some point, and then they became inconvenient. We do to good of a job with what the CIA calls "assets." We are supposed to give them just enough information and training to assist us in our goals, not enough to run wild with their own agenda.

These are definitely our suicidal, bomb-strapped chickens coming home to roost!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Yes, the Taliban ladies and gentleman! Oh, wait...

We created the Taliban to help stave off the Russians. And back in '01 before we entered Afghanistan, the Taliban was weak and scattered. Our presence has reinvigorated them, lifting their power and recruitment base to unprecedented levels.

We are responsible for this, you damned fools. Not crazy Muslims. We create the crazies, and then self-righteous Westerners cry "Oh how indefensible! How inhumane!" I think 99% of you are clueless as to just how much the west has influenced the political structure throughout the Middle East today.

Poverty mixed with lack of education is a powerful form of mind control yet is rarely acknowledged as such. You don't need religion to become extremist in such an environment. They happen to be Muslim and so their despicable acts will be seen as the acts of Islam. But it is their wretched existence that is the cause. And we (US, Europe) have made their lives wretched.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
My grandmother used to always say:

'The world is overpopulated, nature will take care of itself.'

I really wish she would hurry up. I know it wont be selective, but it might give people back some clue about HUMANITY.

C'mon earth, you need to get rid of these parasites.

MM

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Killing "in the name" of is just wrong.
It IS that simple.

[edit on 8/10/2010 by reticledc]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join