It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 6xx Janet Flights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The 2xx Janet flights are typically the flights out of the NAFR/NTS and the 3xx Janet flights are typically the flights into the NAFR/NTS, at least from what I've seen. There are only a couple 6xx flights. WWW639 and WWW693 are approximately weekly flights to and from KTKM (Groom Lake) on a Beechcraft 1900. Does anyone have any clue what's special about the 6xx flights?

Oh, the next one is scheduled to depart from McCarran at 3 PM PDT today, btw.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I would imagine fewer people fly on the weekend, so they use the smaller plane.

Notice the flights for the California workers are weekly too. So we have weekly workers from two facilities. I would guess the Vegas weekend workers are security related, while the California weekly workers are mostly likely to be technical or flight related.

I think the 2 and 3 swap is set up so that it is the same plane, just different directions. You can also make a lexicon to convert Janet flight numbers to the military callsign numbers. I did a bit of this on the bottom of my Janet audio page.
janet air

I still have 4 more janet air traffic sessions to upload. Maybe tonight. Unfortunately the Janets I recorded from Tikaboo are a bit distorted. (A long story.) Also, I must have programmed the ground frequency incorrectly since the radio I was recording from didn't catch any ground audio for the Tikaboo scanning. The recording radio was at the campsite on the false summit while I had a different scanner with me on Tikaboo peak. Anyway, the ground frequency mentioned a unit I never heard of before, namely "python base." "Scorpian Base" was also active, but that unit has been heard on the scanner for years. That leaves "Balmy Breeze" as the third unit on the ground frequency.

I suppose I shouldn't mention too much regarding what goes on ground, but since I've posted audio from ground, the base knows I have the frequency. That's one of the problems with sharing the audio.

Getting back to Palmdale, we have Friday flights from Groom (usually) to Palmdale:
www317
This is the Friday flight from Palmdale to Groom or McCarran:
WWW217

Monday Palmdale flights are WWW213 and WWW313.

join