It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican federal police protesting corruption detain commander in violent border city

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Mexican federal police protesting corruption detain commander in violent border city

www.foxnews.com

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (AP) — Some 200 federal police officers assigned to fighting organized crime in this violent border city detained one of their superiors at gunpoint Saturday to protest alleged corruption.

The protesters complained that the commander, identified as Inspector Salomon Alarcon Olvera, had ordered the detention of another officer who had criticized him. They accused Alarcon of having links to drug cartels and participating in kidnappings, killings and extortion.

The demonstration in front of a hotel that houses some federal police offices led
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Just goes to show you how corrupt this whole crap is. Innocent babies, children, women, and men are being slaughtered because of greed. Hopefully, they will be able to get more information out of him and bring other top officials down.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
YESSSSSSSS!!!! looks very promising, If that event happens a few more time, it will be golden and hopefully slides over to the USA with our cops and military for the injustice.

that picture is very nice, looks like they want to rip his arms and head off.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
thank God !!!!

when will our good LE's
do this very same thing
in America???
Get the corruption out ???
dont care how high you have
to go to do it. We need
this too.

Bravo for Mexico
as this is a step in the right
direction

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Can someone send this to the Senate, House, and President(ial) staff members? Dare ya........

[edit on 8/8/10. by CBS01]

[edit on 8/8/10. by CBS01]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

Are you insane? You think that the police coruption you have seen on the news in america is any match for what is going on in Mexico?

There is no comparison. America has a handful of corrupt officers, individuals who, usually after years on the job, break and become the bad guy. Mexico is a whole nother story dude. I cannot beleive you would wish that kind of corruption to be in the US, or that kind of violent vigliantism and cartel violence to spill into the US. Damn.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
That photograph should win awards. That is beautiful.

And yes I hope some Americans take lessons from it too.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Those federales are a perfect role model for all of us. We could all learn from what they did here. We must all remember that loyalty while in a uniform only goes so far. There comes a time when your loyalty might be tested because your conscience suffers from it. At that time, you must be courageous, and sacrifice your loyalty. My respect to them for doing that.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by MilzGatez

Are you insane? You think that the police coruption you have seen on the news in america is any match for what is going on in Mexico?

There is no comparison. America has a handful of corrupt officers, individuals who, usually after years on the job, break and become the bad guy. Mexico is a whole nother story dude. I cannot beleive you would wish that kind of corruption to be in the US, or that kind of violent vigliantism and cartel violence to spill into the US. Damn.

I don't believe MilzGatez was meaning it the way you are thinking it to be. I believe it was meant to mean that hopefully the justice slides over into America. I agree with this since there are American cops and government officials who are very corrupt using drug and sex trafficking for their own personal greed and power.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
YESSSSSSSS!!!! looks very promising, If that event happens a few more time, it will be golden and hopefully slides over to the USA with our cops and military for the injustice.

Hell yeah. I hope I get to arrest my last boss. He was big-time crooked.

top topics

join