It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Alpha and Omega (Emminent worse case scenario)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Why BP is readying a 'super weapon' to avert escalating Gulf nightmare

In a desperate attempt to stop a huge area of the Gulf ocean floor from possibly rupturing due to subterranean methane gas (leading to a calamity no human has ever seen) BP has ripped a page from science fiction books.

The giant oil company is now quietly preparing to test a small nuclear device in a frenzied rush against time to quell a cascading catastrophe. If successful they will have the capability to detonate a controlled fusion generated pulse.

While the world watches BP's attempt to contain the oil gusher at the former Deepwater Horizon site, company officials have given the green light on an astounding plan to use what is known as a nuclear EPFCG charge if all else fails.

Sea floor compromised

Reports still indicate that methane is flooding the Gulf waters at a rate one million times more than normal, and the NOAA research vessel, Thomas Jefferson has reported spotting new fissures. [1]

Last week the science ship stunned some reporters with the revelation that the oceanographic team had discovered and measured a rift in the ocean floor miles from the BP wellhead. The rift was reported to be more than 100 feet long and widening. Oil and methane continues to plume from that rift.

BP has also admitted damage beneath the sea floor. [2]

The Omega plan

Most enterprises—whether business, government, or exploration—have a Plan B to fall back on. To date, BP has attempted Plans B through N. Yet it is the last ditch plan-the Omega plan-that hold the greatest risk. Yet that plan may be the final hope to stop what some insiders now consider a catastrophe that could culminate with a world-killing mass extinction event that modern civilization could not survive.

At a super-secret security base-CFB Suffield-located in southern Alberta, Canada, area reports indicate that high level engineers, physicists and military scientists are feverishly working to complete an ‘explosively pumped flux compression generator’ (EPFCG).

The EPFCG—a Star Wars super weapon

A device that can only be used once, the EPFCG generates a high power electromagnetic pulse. It achieves this by using a powerful explosive, preferably nuclear. Advanced, nuclear driven EPFCGs can instantaneously create up to billions of amperes and hundreds of terawatts. Such raw power exceeds lighting bolts by huge orders of magnitude.

According to engineers familiar with the technology, the devices can generate plasma arcs hotter than the surface of the sun that will melt and fuse materials in nanoseconds.

A special security force manned by members of AEGIS, a UK based paramilitary security corporation similar to the old US Blackwater Security company, is reported to have cordoned off the base. The security lid has clamped down hard while the engineers and scientists work with the nuclear materials.

While the plan would admittedly only be executed if a worst case scenario seemed imminent, some geo-chemists have expressed concerns that detonating an EPFCG in the Gulf might ignite the methane.

www.helium.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It seems this story just gets worse everyday. Where is the US governement in all of this since the Gulf is theirs to control? Did their responsiblity end after they leased it out to BP?

Since the rate of incompetence continues to grow does it make sense that we now look to other Governments Military and Scientists to 'fix' our problem?

How long before every citizen in the US begins to see Military from every Nation in the world on the streets?

Has this already gone so far that we are now under the secret control of other stronger powerful forces than our own Government? Is the Un going to take over what the Us was not able to?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

do those quotes come from anywhere specific?

links?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
There are rumours....and I stress RUMOURS, that they tested one on land here, which may have caused the small earthquake we had last Sunday.....we don't usually have earthquakes....

[edit on 7-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Explosively pumped flux compression generator

History

At the start of the 1950s, the need for very short and powerful electrical pulses became evident to Soviet scientists conducting nuclear fusion research. The Marx generator, which stores energy in capacitors, was the only device capable at the time of producing such high power pulses. The prohibitive cost of the capacitors required to obtain the desired power motivated the search for a more economical device. The first magneto-explosive generators, which followed from the ideas of Andrei Sakharov, were designed to fill this role.

en.wikipedia.org...

Scientific Collaborations Between Los Alamos and Arzamas-16
Using Explosive-Driven Flux Compression Generators
Stephen Younger, Irvin Lindemuth, Robert Reinovsky, C. Maxwell Fowler, James Goforth, and Carl Ekdahl

The Russian-American Pulsed-
Power Collaborations
The independent development of the
Los Alamos and Soviet pulsed-power
programs represented something of an
anomaly within the framework of modern
science. Basic research is difficult
and success often elusive, and the free
exchange of ideas is vital. Yet here
were two groups that were unable to
communicate, much less exchange
ideas. Despite the fact that flux compression
generators were primarily used
for pure scientific research, these devices
could potentially aid in weapons
development.† In the suspicion-charged
atmosphere of the cold war, potential
threats to national security superseded
the desire for scientific exchange.
But times and situations change,

www.fas.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's too late to use a nuke now, IMHO.

It has become too unstable, if these reports are true.

The only time a nuke would have been acceptable to use was in the first month of this catastrophe.

They could have stopped it before it got out of hand.

Now that we are getting tons of reports about potential rifts, leaks, etc all around the area; I am sorry but it seems to me it's a bit too late to use a powerful explosion to halt this.

At this point I would expect a nuke to cause further rupturing due to the Seismic event that it will create.

Should have tried it back when this was in it's early stages. I will state I am against the use of one at this point.

2 months ago I said "Nuke it". Too late now. It's too dangerous at this point.

I have ideas about what can be done now, and I have stated them before. And I was ridiculed to no end over it lol. I will go think about it for awhile and refine my ideas a bit, and then post them if I ever can decide on which direction I want to go with them.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wow generate an amount of energy hotter than a plasma arc on the sun?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I am no expert but had they tested one it very well could have been what you experienced, this is my concern, if they use this technology it could cause the entire New Madras faultline to collapse and rip apart the midwest from the Greatlakes to the Gulf.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Are you the member I read that actually sent in some ideas in the begining only to be hushed by tptb?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Links? Sources?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Edews

As listed in the Op.
www.helium.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Edews

As listed in the Op.
www.helium.com...

That is nowhere i can see in the OP as of now.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
BP certainly couldn't do this alone, where are they going to get a nuclear weapon - this would have to be approved by the Govt - they have the nukes.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
LOL I wrote the CFB base, demanding an answer.. I probably wont get any reply other than Army truck at my door
geez I hope not..

I didnt realize we had one of the largest LiveFire ranges in the Western Hemisphere. GO CANADA.. we dont build nukes, but we will help ya test them.. LOL

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

I did not understand why Canada is involved but I do recall reading on a thread here at ATS about a buildup of Military in Canada. Dont recall the exact thread but it struck me as important at the time.

It is very hard to imagine something this big happening without the voters approval, but thats the way it is done.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

I will U2U you, have you heard back yet? Sometimes the best way to discover answers is to simply place the call and ask.

I appreciate your guts and moxy.

join