It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same Diamond Shapped UFO ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A recent UFO sighting reported by the news in Colombia shows a diamond shaped UFO that was witnessed by hundreds in the city of Cucuta.

The object resembles the UFO that was caught on film by Fox News as they were filming the disintergrating Shuttle Columbia in mid day.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This is a video effect that has been discussed before on ATS...

...The diamond shape comes from the aperture of the video camera, which becomes visible at certain times because of the light source, the zoom, and the focus.

EDIT TO UPDATE:
Here are a few threads with a similar-looking "objects" and posts explaining the camera aperture effect:

www.abovetopsecret.com... (this one is the same Colombian news report)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8/7/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I don't see how aperture settings can affect a day light shot such that was captured by Fox News that day.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Fox news didn't capture that. Anyone can edit a video with very cheap video editing software. Just look at all the threads in the hoax folder and you'll see numerous edit videos like the ones you posted.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

L.HAMILTON.....

I'm very sorry.....

However you've posted a combination of:

- A story from All News Web..... :shk:

plus.....

- A well known digital camera auto focus effect

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I wanna see the real thing!! Just once, are you really out there ET - call home

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
quote' from OP;
"A recent UFO sighting reported by the news in Colombia shows a diamond shaped UFO that was witnessed by hundreds in the city of Cucuta."

So what was seen by the hundreds of witnesses in the city of Cucuta then, surely not a " well known digital camera auto focus effect".

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT

quote' from OP;
"A recent UFO sighting reported by the news in Colombia shows a diamond shaped UFO that was witnessed by hundreds in the city of Cucuta."

So what was seen by the hundreds of witnesses in the city of Cucuta then, surely not a " well known digital camera auto focus effect".

It was described as a bright pulsating light by witnesses and perhaps only seen as a diamond by the zoomed-in video cameras. Frankly, and in my opinion, the un-zoomed image on the video seemed it would have been far too small to make out any shape that the object may have had.

Is there anyone here who can translate this? Do the witnesses without videocameras ever say the object was diamond-shaped? ArMap -- I know you are Portuguese, but how good is your Spanish?

I'm relying on an unknown person for this translation (from last month's thread discussing this same video), but someone who translated the video said the witnesses reported seeing the light for several days, and it moved extremely slowly and it scintillated (pulsated). That indicates to me that it could be Venus, Jupiter, or a bright star. This would not be the first time people mistook Venus for a UFO -- in fact it happens all the time.

It was 'All News Web' that reported it as"hundreds witness diamond-shaped UFO.", and 'All News Web' is far from a reliable source. I want the actual witness translations, because I would not be surprised if this is actually a case of "hundreds witness seeing a UFO that looks like a diamond when viewed through a videocamera."

[edit on 8/8/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

An out of focus object with a darker background can be filmed at any time of day, and that's the only thing you need (besides a camera with the same characteristics) to reproduce the effect.

If you have access to a Sony camera you can try it, I think Sony cameras are the most common source of this effect.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Soylent Green Is People.....

It was 'All News Web' that reported it as"hundreds witness diamond-shaped UFO.", and 'All News Web' is far from a reliable source. I want the actual witness translations, because I would not be surprised if this is actually a case of "hundreds witness seeing a UFO that looks like a diamond when viewed through a videocamera."

I tangled with the appalling Cohen some time back.....he's a very aggressive SOB who relentlessly posts rubbish & who'll go off at the merest provocation. His responses are priceless!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

join