It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEVELOPING: Wikileaks threatens to release "insurance" file code

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
C'mon guys. I want to see it, you want to see it, but that doesn't change the fact that once he cashes in on the insurance file, it ain't insurance any more. This file won't be decoded until they arrest him and even then not right away. Personally I'm curious but, I'd rather see Assange and WikiLeaks safe, than the contents of that file. Because if we see that file, WikiLeaks is doomed, and maybe the free press too.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Today I read a news article on the code to open the insurance. you have found the web page on Wikileaks?
thanks

italian page:
dirittooblio.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Insurance file....?

Insurance you say? I wonder what it is about insurance Wikileaks might be keeping back as their ace up their sleeve should something happen to Assange and Wikileak's contributors?

Let's see....

Larry Silverstein

From the link:

In January 2001, Silverstein, via Silverstein Properties and Westfield America, made a $3.2 billion bid for the lease to the World Trade Center. Silverstein was outbid by $50 million by Vornado Realty, with Boston Properties and Brookfield Properties also competing for the lease. However, Vornado withdrew and Silverstein's bid for the lease to the World Trade Center was accepted on July 24, 2001.[14] This was the first time in the building's 31-year history that the complex had changed management.

The lease agreement applied to One, Two, Four, and Five World Trade Center, and about 425,000 square feet (39,500 m2) of retail space. Silverstein put up $14 million of his own money to secure the deal.[15] The terms of the lease gave Silverstein, as leaseholder, the right and the obligation to rebuild the structures if destroyed.[16]

Upon leasing the World Trade Center towers, along with 4 World Trade Center and 5 World Trade Center, Silverstein insured the buildings. The insurance policies on these four buildings were underwritten by 24 insurance companies for a combined total of $3.55 billion per occurrence in property damage coverage.

More...

Insurance dispute

The insurance policies obtained in July 2001 for World Trade Center buildings 1, 2, 4 and 5 had a collective face amount of $3.55 billion. Following the September 11, 2001 attack, Silverstein sought to collect double the face amount (~$7.1 billion) on the basis that the two separate airplane strikes into two separate buildings constituted two occurrences within the meaning of the policies. The insurance companies took the opposite view. Based on differences in the definition of "occurrence"--the insurance policy term governing the amount of insurance-- and uncertainties over which definition of "occurrence" applied, the court split the insurers into two groups for jury trials on the question of which definition of "occurrence" applied and whether the insurance contracts were subject to the “one occurrence” interpretation or the “two occurrence” interpretation.

Link

And let's remember WTC Building 7. It stood some hours after the Twin Towers fell. No plane had hit it.

Larry Silverstein made the decision, he says, to "pull it", and WTC 7 came tumbling down.

Silverstein had the WTC insured just a few months before September 11th 2001, which was very fortunate and good timing, and when he claimed for insurance, sought to collect double the amount.

Assange has said that he does not believe in any September 11th 2001 conspiracy, but perhaps that's a tactic he has wisely employed for the time being.

You don't want to reveal the ace up your sleeve until the moment is right, after all. Such as in the event of the threat of something sinister immenently happening to you.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Love to know what's in it myself too. Who wouldn't?

But I pose a question to you all:

If it is sensitive enough and contains matter relating to diplomatic relations, technology, intelligence reports, et al, if released would it not just provoke tensions leading to something serious? A possible serious war perhaps?

So, the ramifications don't seem nice at all regarding this. Of course, it all depends on what it contains. It could even just be a stir to see how the government would react to such sensitive info, and merely containing useless garbage.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vildbasse
reply to post by Hudson

When the van pulls up to help the wounded journalist, it gets massacred with 30mm rounds. Killing 3 civilians, and wounding 2 children. That is exactly collateral murder.

I'll take your last point, and redirect it on yourself.

Amazing how ALL YOU people support this type of non sense.

The idiot founder of Wikileaks ADMITS TO THE FACT that he manipulates data in order to further his political agenda.

HE ADMITS TO IT

Yet, you're still there to coddle his ego and stroke his pride.

Pathetic. It really is, especially when you consider all of you people consider yourselves to be smart and intellectual....skeptics and believers.

Yet you fall for a guy who is OPENLY admitting that HE LIES TO YOU

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by booblessed
Love to know what's in it myself too. Who wouldn't?

But I pose a question to you all:

If it is sensitive enough and contains matter relating to diplomatic relations, technology, intelligence reports, et al, if released would it not just provoke tensions leading to something serious? A possible serious war perhaps?

So, the ramifications don't seem nice at all regarding this. Of course, it all depends on what it contains. It could even just be a stir to see how the government would react to such sensitive info, and merely containing useless garbage.

Well if a serious war is what it takes to straighten out this corrupt world then let the fireworks begin. I said before I'd rather know the truth than live a lie and be lied to. People of this world have put up with enough bullcrap already so let the truth be known, either way I'm sure they have "plans" for most of us anyway so why not expose the truth? So many people cower when the word war is mentioned why live in fear it will happen sooner or later regardless all we do right now is buy time. I don't agree with war and killings but if that's what it takes to stop the nonsense then thats what it takes I guess.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

The idiot founder of Wikileaks ADMITS TO THE FACT that he manipulates data in order to further his political agenda.

HE ADMITS TO IT

Pathetic. It really is, especially when you consider all of you people consider yourselves to be smart and intellectual....skeptics and believers.

So do you consider yourself the smart and intellectual one here? But before you answer, lets look at some points here:-

1. Suppose you have a 'political agenda', and it is to set the leadership of the nation on a right path where none will be left behind as the people shares common achievable aspirations in life - peace, equality, justice, prosperity and progress - so is this political agenda detrimental to humanity or beneficial?

Why the hurry to cast aspersion on another's political agenda and smear it as something that is detrimental?

2. Suppose you choose and select the most hard knocking data to present to the masses first, something that will capture their attention, while keeping the rest for later release - are such 'manipulations' which are for a purpose, a crime?

Grow up and stop treating the masses as idiots and fools who cannot think for themselves and need you to twist and manipulate the spoken words to fit YOUR OWN agenda.

Now, after reading this, you can go ahead and make your claims, if you, a lone voice, matter at all.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
You should be suspicious, seeing as how this guy has purposely mislead many of you. I'll never trust this guy ever since he released that video of an Apache engaging armed insurgents and claiming it was "collateral murder".

The guy clearly has an agendas and doesn't mind lying to advance it.

You do realize that Julian himself did not release the video, or any of the content on WikiLeaks, right?

He is simply the spokesperson for WikiLeaks.

The five founders, all of whom are from vastly different nations, remain unknown and anonymous.

Julian is just a messenger.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 01codebreaker

Today I read a news article on the code to open the insurance. you have found the web page on Wikileaks?
thanks

italian page:

u might translate this?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
MSNBC: WikiLeaks to publish new documents

BERLIN — The online whistle-blower WikiLeaks said it will continue to publish more secret files from governments around the world despite U.S. demands to cancel plans to release classified military documents.

"I can assure you that we will keep publishing documents — that's what we do," a WikiLeaks spokesman, who says he goes by the name Daniel Schmitt in order to protect his identity, told The Associated Press in an interview Saturday.

Just a quick update on the Wikileaks news. It looks like Wikileaks does have plans on releasing the documents regardless about what the US government does.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

this was posted on wikileaks twitter "A few quotes in this article are untrue or misleading: yhoo.it... ; it is not endorsed."

this relates to an article on yahoo, but after reviewing you link it is the same article

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I hope this goes viral

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Babelfish is a free translator that can translate whole webpages, or if you're using Chrome as a browser it will translate it for you as well. It's not that hard to find translations.

As to this thread, I'm really not sure what to believe anymore, though the post about the insurance on the World Trade Centers seems to make the most sense at the moment.

As much as I want to believe Assange and Wikileaks are the good guys fighting for freedom and democracy, ANYONE can manipulate information for their own agendas and monetary gain. In reference to bloggers and news sites alike that are paid to bias their opinions by corporations.

So for now it's just a waiting game to see what unfolds, or if some intelligent hackers can crack the code, which I wouldn't highly doubt. I mean they find ways to get around everything else....

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I never get tired of these.

This one shows just how aware people have become these days.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

HE ADMITS TO IT

First...link please?

And second...idolizing troops who have been so brainwashed as to see compunction in murdering innocents is an example of the War Machine Propaganda...and there is more out there that many here have yet to try and comprehend...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
While we may learn disturbing new facts in fine detail, overall, I doubt these documents
will do anything but confirm what we already suspect.

Since the beginning of time, armies and nobles a have fought and lost attempting to
secure the immense wealth of the entire region.

The goal has ALWAYS ALWAYS been to control and exploit the wealth of Persia and to
establish a safe passage trading route. Nothing has changed.

What terrifies the D.O.D. is that the people and the soldiers will finally see that they
are nothing more than pawns in a high stakes grab for power and wealth.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by 01codebreaker

thanks

italian page:

u might translate this?

Original article (sometimes this article cannot be found):

Segnalazioni sul codice più ricercato in rete per ottenere il contenuto di Insurance.

La prima segnalazione riguarda una pagina web che sembra attualmente non raggiungibile:

hxxp://www.__._/wiki/Afghan_War_Diary,_2004-2010/code_insurance_aes_256/

Prima di inviare segnalazioni in merito, scivi a:
01codebreaker[@]gmail.com

Translation into English:

These are reports on the internet`s most wanted code to obtain the "Insurance" content.

The first report refer to a web page currently unavailable:
hxxp://www.__._/wiki/Afghan_War_Diary,_2004-2010/code_insurance_aes_256/

In order to send your reports on this subject, please write to:
01codebreaker[@]gmail.com

(added by me)
Although the article says "These are reports..." and "The first report", there are no other reports at this time.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by dudez]

[edit on 7-8-2010 by dudez, added info]

[edit on 7-8-2010 by dudez]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dudez

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
24 hours later and the thread is still without any 'developing' news regarding threats from Wikileaks or Assange.

Still no news or sources.

No evidence at all that supports the OP's premise of a threatened release of the 'insurance' file.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The dragon is taking over

has anyone heard of dead peasent insurance?
when a company insures a person without there knowledge and when they die the COMPANY gets paid without the family knowing

i wounder if the goverment has taken insurance out on the troops in the hopes they die and they get paid

just a thought

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join