It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there ETs walking among us?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Decoy

Serious and researched researchers know this already. Researchers know how and why some EBE races are amongst us. Not all races, but some.
Some let's not be silly let's taker a more careful look at you US Sec Gov's secrecy using the AFOSI to ruin your career at the click of an OSI Col's finger after what you witnessed and failed to eventually deny.

Yes, let's take a closer look shall we...

Decoy

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Decoy

Well now you have to ask two very important questions.

If the universe is filled with life, why would intelligent species be interested in direct contact with us?

What is the chance that aliens would look, let alone be compatible, with us or our world.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Most are not compatible with our world, ie Oxygen/Nitrogen atmosphere. Hence efforts to hybrid.
Others are and possibly have different reasons being here... and that's a huge connotation...

Decoy

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
[edit on 15-8-2010 by menguard]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Decoy

If you actually work out the math, there should be only 27,000 worlds with the potential to have human-like life. Problem is every hundred years that number divides by 2 because human-like life kills themselves off by nature. So you end up with just Earth.

The most likely alien life form is an incredibly ancient, less intelligent than us jelly fish. This is because something dumber than us would advance slower and more stably. Thus it is true, the slowest wins the race.

In order to create a hybrid, assuming the alien even had dna, they would have to have a lot of difficulties. First, you have to sort out what every single gene means for each species. Then comes the tedious task of selecting matches between the two languages. Then you have to take the human and alien junk dna and find the matches and delete the unneeded parts. If the aliens do not have a double helix, they then have to redesign their own genetic code to mean the same thing. They then have to create a stable chemical system that matches the both. Then they have to convert both languages into the hybrid structure. Some parts will NOT merge and will have to be written by hand to fill in the blanks. That, my good sir, is a helluva difficult task. After all of this comes the designing of each individual chemical that does the work in the cell, and working out each and every cell to operate correctly. Silo-benzene will not have the same mitochondria as our dna, if it even has mitochondria at all.

When you finally stabilize it all, you have your hybrid.

So to state that they want to make a hybrid, you have to realize something. It is not for mere conquest or manipulation. It is for legitimate scientific research. Because even mere observation is easier done with robots than hybrids.

It would have to be done by a dieing species that literally cannot breed anymore or something. Think Stargate's Asgard.

You are not going to go through all that work for mere stupid reasons. It has to be for scientific reasons or survival.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

---

I think hybrid manipulation through human species does two things, if successful:
1. Allows an advanced ebe humanoid race to survive on this ball, capable of breathing nitrogen/oxygen, and
2. Allow the original race to die with succession.

Decoy

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Decoy

Well yes. I'd imagine that a genetic imperialist species would change its species whole appearance every couple of million years.

But are you sure they entered space looking humanoid? Or did they only look humanoid after finding us and adapting what we have to themselves.

Remember. Evolution no longer affects species as far as humans and beyond. Any change must be engineered. Evolution no longer matters because we create the environment we are used to, we no longer adapt to environments.

The likelihood that an alien looks humanoid is incredibly low. There are hundreds upon millions of species that have existed before us, each with a chance of getting into space. By the time the first humanoids got into space, more than likely us, the universe would be filled with hundreds upon millions of non-humanoid species in space.

The likelihood is that some sort of sentient fungi found Earth, saw the potential of the human form, and stole it for itself.

They would not, however, live on worlds like ours. There's no reason to adopt nitrogen-oxygen breathing when you can just replace breathing altogether with a power source from a machine.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well, if you recall Roswell - some of us got away. We live among you, look like you and watch over you.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
According to the people who attended the 2001 disclosure project press conference they ARE here and do look exactly like us or almost exactly like us.

I dont think it's too far fetched.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

A fantastic analogy you have presented, I for one am very impressed.
The trouble to take on DNA analysis in order to create a hybrid, would most likely would be enormous. No matter what their motives might be.

However mind control would be instant and versatile, as we supposedly use so little of our brain and or brain power.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

That's actually a common misconception. We use 100% of our brain, we just can only use 10% at a time. Some smart people can use 13% of it at a time. And indeed, when I meditate, say before a math test, I can feel as if I am using more than 10% at a time. But the whole of the human brain is, in fact, used at some point in time.

In order to increase that, you would have to take from other species. Crows, for example, are intelligent as apes. Not from brain size, but from neuron power. They work faster.

IE, Did you know that if your neurons work faster, the world slows down, because you are literally operating at a higher clock speed? This is how species that seem to have super brain processing power like flies or something look like they are as slow as us on slow mo cameras.

Basically, the faster your brain works, the better you can handle your environment.

People like Einstein, for example, had missing parts in their brains, allowing spare neurons to be dedicated to more advanced processes. It would be like taking your sound card out of your computer, but putting the parts back in to speed up other things. Indeed, this is why some blind people have great hearing, or even echo location.

And yes, mind control would be easier, which could be done with nanobots.

reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

It is actually quite far-fetched. If you do the math, there's only 27,000 worlds with the mere potential for human life. That does not guarantee human life. And whatever ones out of them do have something remotely human, will get less and less every century because humanity nearly kills itself off every century or so. You end up with an incredibly low number of planets with humanoids. And those humanoids in and of themselves may not be compatible for humanity.

For example:

Most of the proteins you consume are oriented the same direction. Their molecules have interacted with each other and enzymes in a controlled manner over such a long period on Earth that their 'mirrored' variants no longer occur naturally. Hence we are made up of and function mostly on levo-amino acids, 'levo' meaning 'left'. 'Dextro'(meaning 'right')-amino acids refers to the mirrored variants of all chiral proteins abundant in life. Its as equally possible that dextro-amino acids could constitute the greater portion for life on other planets as levo-amino compounds. Its the same proteins, the same life, just 'backwards' at the molecular level. A lifeform based on dextro-amino acids could be an exact duplicate of an earth creature, including humans, visually, except that their DNA would actually turn the other direction. The toxicity interpretations are speculative at best, but consuming specific dextro proteins could cause malfunctions in a levo-based creature's lowest level digestion mechanisms, producing at best the wrong and at worst deadly compounds, but for the most part the enzymes associated with a protein are biased to only that protein like a glove. There are some dextro-amino acids identified that would be toxic to a levo-based creature, but these are high-complexity with no naturally occurring levo variants anyway. Most 'sweet' tasting things, sugars, are actually dextro variants. Spearmint leaves actually contain both levo and dextro variants of their amino acids. For the most part, incompatible amino acids would simply be ignored, and actually tasteless. What this means for the guys: Don't give Tali chocolate, it will taste like pure cocoa. What this means for the ladies: Garrus will taste like liquid sugar. Screw what Mordin says.

The character names at the bottom are just from a video game.

What this basically means is that even if you have that small number of humanoids survive, and the ever smaller number who actually get into space, you then have about half being dextro and half being levo. IE, they can't breed. And hybridization is virtually out of the question unless you literally want to go to the molecule of every single one of your billions of ladders on your dna strand and knock the molecules the right way. As for the ones that are compatible, understand that there is a virtually zero chance that the dna is int he right place. Where our dna will have a part telling us the number of fingers, the same location on their dna might tell them to have eyes. And then of course there's no guarantee the brains are even the same. Perhaps they don't even have a cerebellum. Perhaps another part enlarged to take its place.

Remember, with the human form comes the infinite varieties that make us incompatible to hybridize.

To stay on Earth would mean certain death. They would have no viral dna to remain immune to the local viruses. No computability to local bacteria. One bad piece of corn and next thing you know your bowels, if you have them, are bleeding and dieing. Do you have the ability to even process sugar? Insulin would be necessary, if you could even process that. Perhaps they have an extra organ for blood cell production rather than their bone marrow. And their bone marrow is the storage space for iron in their mars-like atmosphere. Perhaps they require lead to process into their skin cells and resist radiation, because they have no melanin.

All this must be taken into effect. Because unless you are coming from a world that is a virtual clone of earth, molecule for molecule, you are going to have incompatibilities. The very fact you are in space means that you are not from a clone Earth.

reply to post by blondemoment

I've heard this so many times. The same question must be asked. If you are alien, why are you bothering on Earth when there's dozens of empty Earth worlds near by.

And as said before, how can you be compatible with the world unless you came from a clone Earth. Which is a statistic improbability.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I suspect that aliens may be doing far more than merely walking among us.

The chances of at least one ancient alien civilization already dominating the galaxy and beyond seem pretty good to me.

They could be so alien that they would be incomprehensible to us.

They may be so highly evolved that they permeate the universe in a way we can only imagine gods could.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Ya, I am glad you agree with the mind control thing. I know we use more than 10% of our brains, but don't they idle at a low rate normally. Thus allowing an openness or opening for suggestion. Have you ever starred at a person- suggesting they touch their ear? Only to have them do it within minutes. I find it interesting in a room full of people.

Now Nanobots are a real possibility. There is a thread in one of the icons when you click on "multimedia" here that explains how far we humans have come to that technology. I ain't never had a flu shot and after watching that video, I don't think I ever will

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Same here. I'm pretty much immune to everything except the flu and if I have to suffer through the rare strand I catch every 5 to 3 years then so be it. I seem to be extremely adaptable. lol. As I said earlier I'd put money on myself being an alien over an earlier hoaxer.

Indeed there would be room for meddling in. But I suspect this would not require low brain use. There have been tests done with electrically shocking parts of the brain and the person saying things or remembering things. You'll have to look that up as I have long forgotten where that was posted.

Anyway, basically all you'd have to do is wait until the person is asleep. You then have to interact with the person, such as shine a light at their eyes. Then a blue light. Brain activity will show you where the brain's image memory area is. Then you can "attach" to that specific brain wave and alter it to get a response. From there you can detect individual words and memories and other parts. Eventually you create a "middle man" language between the machine and human. From there you can begin to influence the person through dreams, or merely learn everything the person knows.

All this and you never have to land on the planet. Just a good probe or something.

Controlling the brain would be as simple as creating a memory with a specific order and then placing a stimuli probe in the brain to continually shock that memory to be remembered. The person will feel a desire to say or do the thing. Of course they will wonder why or what it is, but they will have no reason to doubt their consciousness unless it's something extreme of course. In which case it becomes a bit more difficult.

I will flat out tell you that I have had times in the middle of the night where all of the sudden my brain got the strongest urge to run into the woods nearby and find the darkest place and simply wait there and stair at the stars. Creepy stuff man. But thanks to earlier life experiences my will power is quite strong.

That said, I happily did such a thing with some friends in the middle of a thunderstorm for absolutely no other reason then we felt like it.

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join