It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

breastfeeding should be made law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Your choices are becoming fewer and fewer in Obama's Brave New World..........

Supermodel Gisele Bundchen: breastfeeding should be made law

The Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen has said that mothers should be forced to breastfeed for the first six months of a baby's life.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

Raw milk is bad for you, haven't you heard?

The State has laws against drinking unpasteurized milk because you are too stupid to drink milk unsupervised.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

So now you're going to blame President Obama for the opinion of a mother/model giving an interview outside of the USA?

That's just beyond ludicrous.

Yeah, I can see it now... Obama appoints the new Boobini Czar!

NO WAIT!

Obama is going to RFID chip the breasts of all new mother's, matching RFID implants in the lips of their infants!

Way to go!

peace

Edit to Add: OP Quote (to prevent backpedaling)...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fred call

Supermodel Gisele Bundchen: breastfeeding should be made law

The Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen has said that mothers should be forced to breastfeed for the first six months of a baby's life.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

So a supermodel said something that she thinks should be made into a global law and this has to do with President Obama how?

I could say that I believe debtors prisons should be outlawed worldwide, (which I do.) So therefore you could now say that a British journalist has called for global law outlawing debtors prisons. That would be factual, but it has nothing to do with current policy decisions anywhere in the world as it is just my own opinion.

The premise of your thread is an illogical leap.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I have submitted my application to the Obama administration for the position of Breast Inspection Czar.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well,
She is a well known supermodel and celebrity.

Why not let her make an arbitrary health and nutrition decision for women and children worldwide?

I mean. She's like six foot two and has a figure like a department store mannequin.

She's gotta be right about it.

Right?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I strongly object to this silly law to force mothers breastfeed. There are million reasons why mother can't start producing breastmilk, and this just cannot be forced upon. Baby cannot be stressed and kept in hunger crying for food, because breasts do not give milk for some reason, which is very individual. Breastfood is good and necessary for baby, but formula food should be always available as an alternative.

Speaking from my own experience.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The Law of Obamian Marxism is to create an addiction to the state laws....

08JULY09 breastfeeding ten months old boy addicted

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by inxion
I strongly object to this silly law to force mothers breastfeed. There are million reasons why mother can't start producing breastmilk, and this just cannot be forced upon. Baby cannot be stressed and kept in hunger crying for food, because breasts do not give milk for some reason, which is very individual. Breastfood is good and necessary for baby, but formula food should be always available as an alternative.

As Breast Inspection Czar, I'll be the judge of that.

If I deem your boobies of being worthy, you shall be forced to breast feed at gun point.

If you don't like it, too bad. You probably don't like taxes, unending war, and fake money either. However, it is clear that some sacrifices must be made for the greater good.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well then... laws like this make me laugh and wonder if this ever did pass it could work. Are they going to outlaw formula. If so well what about orphaned infants or adopted children. Would the wet nurse job position become a new thing.. And how would the monitor this? Is the government going to have the boob cam installed on every breast feeding woman oh I know strap a little camera to baby's forehead. All in all this is ridiculous and would NEVER pass....

As for mnemeth1's comment on the boob czar inspector..

As a woman my boobs fully object to being held at gun point... They will not submit to acts of violence. My boobs will not be held hostage by the boob czar!!!

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Xiamara]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by inxion

Also, some babies just grow too fast, and/or have a very high metabolism. I fed every 2 hours, had a ton of milk, and still had to start feeding real food by the time my son was 3 months. He needed it and flourished. And took himself off me soon after. I couldn't produce enough to satisfy his ravenous hunger.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
All in all this is ridiculous and would NEVER pass....

This is what conservative voters used to say about nationalizing the automotive industry.

Of course, their own criminal party stabbed them in the back on that one.

Lesson learned I hope.

Nothing is too outrageous for government.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Your choices are becoming fewer and fewer in Obama's Brave New World.......... Supermodel Gisele Bundchen: breastfeeding should be made law

fred, fred, fred. Just because Gisele forms an opinion about the advantages of breast feeding, how does that mean Obama is taking away choices? It doesn't, but it does show how obsessed you are with Obama. He's the "Big Bad' in your delusional world where a supermodel speaks and the little people are oppressed. fred, you accidentally let your derangement show.

fred's next thread:

"Lady Gaga wants more professional dancers in her video...great, Obama will now suck the brains out of all the puppies of the world"

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I am so in favor of this. Anything that has to do with breasts and breast-feeding gets my vote. I'm just such a huge fan.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3877483a0371.jpg[/atsimg]

"Ma'am, I'm gonna need to ask you a few questions..."

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Do me a favor, take trolling 101 please.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

But officer,my breasts ran dry a long time ago.
I had a shot to dry them up because breast feeding
wasn't encouraged during the 70's.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Huge advocate for breast feeding!!!

Law requires breastfeeding, eh? The governMIND will involve it's self in every detail of human existence so long as man as a species is willing to be divided, fooled, and pushed around by an elitist hive mentality. Humanity needs to get their priorities straight (my self included).

When are humans going to quit blaming (Barack, Barry, what ever the CIA is calling him right now) for all their problems? Who suspects that he is really a shot caller? Even if he tried to print money, what about shadow government, elions, the crown, the 51st state (is-ra-el), the vatican, fraternal societies, the military industrial complex, and the corporate monsters? So many that hide their hand from their fellow man.

If not mis-informed, it's just plain LAZY to sit around and blame someone like a US president (not that the blame is entirely misplaced). I personally am hopeful that he grows a conscience and brightens the hell out of humanity with an awesome disclosure. I've not given up on him yet. Who would suppose that Kennedy was flawless coming into office? Why would such an establishment as the PR show called US Politics allow a spokesman that they knew was going to defect? Who knows what will happen. In the meantime, I know that the best thing folks can do NOW is work on their selves. In the meantime, as far as the governMIND, Just say NO ^_^

Forget the mainstream Kon-team! Go breast-feeders and home birthers!
and while i'm on a roll... lets get rid of Baxter and those vaccines!!!

edit cause i'm clumsy

[edit on 31-8-2010 by deadruby2006]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
First time mother with all those protective hormones raging? I give her a pass.

Bringing Obama into it? Get a life!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
A rather pointless argument, as there are plenty of medical issues that would prevent many mothers/and or infants from breastfeeding, and the civil rights entanglements with even proposing such a law, would keep it from ever happening....

I wouldn't be too worried about it...

top topics

join