It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can not claim Earth as our home...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
We are born here and live here but that does not give us the right to claim earth as home. Let me explain, you buy a house and live in that house for a couple of years. Everything is great until the land lord comes in and says you have to leave. What? You bought the house, but you forgot to buy the rights to the land. You don't own the land and the person who owns the rights can do whatever they want with it. Yes, most houses you buy come with land rights but you get the picture.

So what rights do we have to claim earth as ours? None, we live here on earth but we do not have the rights. Any being can come in and claim earth as theirs and kick us out. The reason for this is simple, we do not know our origins. All our beliefs in origins are actually theories and not backed by factual evidence. You would think after thousands of years we would know how we arrived here on earth. Evolution, religion, all of it is theories nothing more.

Think about this for a second, we finally make contact with outside beings. Their council wants to meet ours and ask us about our origins. Wow, I would hate to be in that position because one person might say monkeys, others god, others alien. Then the council looks at us, shakes their heads and tell us how do you not know where we originated. Then some of them become skeptics saying we must of been slaves to another race just to be left there causing earth to be free for the taking.

I believe our past was erased so we would not know how we originated causing us to lose claims to earth.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bputman
We are born here and live here but that does not give us the right to claim earth as home. Let me explain, you buy a house and live in that house for a couple of years.

None, we live here on earth but we do not have the rights. Any being can come in and claim earth as theirs and kick us out.

With that kind of logic and that kind of assumption, then what being in the universe could claim anything as home?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well if the alien landlords come back to evict us i suspect we wont be getting our bond back or a good reference.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Why can animals claim territory but we can't?

EDIT: Why can't 1 intelligent great ape on top of the food chain claim territory and every other creature can?

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Mythic Chris]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Reminds me of the movie The day the earth stood still and the secretary of defence tells the alien "why did you come to our planet" and he says "it is not your planet."

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Regardless of why we get kicked off, we should get our security deposit back because, though it's possible, I sincerely doubt we were given much say in how we got here whether naturally or by placement via alien overlords.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaxxon

Originally posted by bputman
We are born here and live here but that does not give us the right to claim earth as home. Let me explain, you buy a house and live in that house for a couple of years.

None, we live here on earth but we do not have the rights. Any being can come in and claim earth as theirs and kick us out.

With that kind of logic and that kind of assumption, then what being in the universe could claim anything as home?

You have to read more than two sentences to understand. I know that can be difficult for some people but hopefully you can make it through.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I know what you mean. I posted a thread a while ago, about us possibly not belonging here. If this was "our" planet, we sure don't know how to take care of our things, or ourselves.

We don't know how things work, we don't know anything about ourselves (I mean really, we don't). How is science still figuring certain things out. Millions of years here, and I know that allot of info has been lost, but can we be so behind, that we don't know NOT to pollute, or how to keep our species going by treating this planet and each other better.

Peace to you...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

reply to post by bputman Everything is great until the land lord comes in and says you have to leave. What?

I wish the Landlord would fix my sink ...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

It is not that I don't like it, but I do.
I do not claim earth.
However, it does claim me.
I have proof too, every time I jump, it pulls me back.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

Dear bputman

I can tell you are not a lawyer but I think you have been watching too many legal TV shows.

I have got news for you if ET turns up here and want earth as their own, it ant going to mean a 2 penny dam where we came from.

He is going to have it.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If you can not claim something you have been born on as your home, then what is there to be called a home? by your definition there is no real home.

If we as humans don't have the right to claim earth as our home, then nobody has it, we would be number 1 to claim it as our home, along with the animal kingdom.

I would say my place of birth is my home, or if i was removed from there, i would say the place were i live for a long time, is my home. No matter were my bloodline originated from, i decide were my home is.

what is your definition of 'home'? must differ from mine. Cause as i read it you certainly don't have a home, damn..

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
And so the landlord will provide the proper parerworks describing the time said habitat was created by them the ALPHA, if not Alpha then it dont matter? Or will the landlord be claiming something that belongs to the son of ALPHA. Yes it is sad humanity has been so tormented that the feeling of being a lost herd crosses the mind but eventually everything will be clear.

Universe belongs to the Son of Alpha, the Lamb whole universe. So any ruller claiming this is theirs hmmm is just leasing the property from the real landlord.

[edit on 8/1/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Perhaps we need to realize that Common Law, as we understand it, must have an origin. The greatest argument for Natural Law is that we cannot change it, therefor it must come from another source other than ourselves or even what we perceive as "Mother Nature." Presumably, all life and matter in the Universe follow this Natural Law, therefor, we do indeed have a lawful claim upon the Earth. We possess it, and though that is only 9/10 of the Law, it should stand up pretty well in Universal Court.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I get where the OP is coming from.

And on a more basic level I don't understand how it is we can think we own land.. despite paying far too much for any of it.

I mean, native tribes never "owned" land as in purchasing of land for ownership, the incoming invaders never owned what they took... okay beads and filthy blankets don't count as payment.

So I get confused how say my state government can open up more Crown Land... not purchased by them.. and then parcel it up and sell it for profit.

If I purchase an allotment, I only own the surface that I can build a house on. What lay under "my land" is not owned by me, what is above the surface is also not owned by me except for the dwelling and sheds, etc. And the government can at any time offer me a lower value for it and force me to sell. WTF????

The Dream states we must buy a house for our wife and children, work our butts off to pay for it and then die so we can leave it to the kids. Pfft.. what sort of life is that anyway? A slave life.

There is so much land for sale here that it should be so cheap anyone ...even pensioners.. could afford to purchase it. Well, tomatoes are cheap when the market is flooded, so why not Land Prices?

The whole thing is a RORT that I never bought into, thankfully. So I don't have to worry about keeping it, paying unfair local government taxes and expenses or leaving it to kids when I die.

Hmmm, must be time for me to squat on crown land and build a cabin amongst the trees in the mountains... far away from the madding crowds.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

No offense intended!!!
I just want you to know I found the following statement highly entertaining. This is just so well stated! I know you meant it in a serious way, but it gave me a huge chuckle on first read! It's not a funny prospect really, but I can envision this set up as the premise for a funny movie...

Think about this for a second, we finally make contact with outside beings. Their council wants to meet ours and ask us about our origins. Wow, I would hate to be in that position because one person might say monkeys, others god, others alien.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I hope they show up soon because at the rate humanity is going, the planet is going to be far too trashed for any beings to exist here without some heavy anti-radiation supplement under the armpits and a gas mask.

"Those damned humans!" - Unnamed Alien

top topics

join