It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish kids smash big brother lol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here is a video of irish kids standing up against the police and there is not much the police can do.My point being if martial law ever came in America.
The powers that be would not have a hope!!!
200 plus american people with guns,they dont have enough technology to get you all!!! no way do they!!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Sorry, but, if those kids were kicking out at USA cops? There'd be busted knee-caps hanging from the telephone wires. They'd pop those babies off like they were kernel corn.

And you can bet the cops in your video don't have the 'microwave' weapons that cook you from the inside out - large crowds a people were in mind when those were created I can tell you. And from what I hear, they work...

Great video - it gives hope - but - false hope I'm afraid to say...

EDIT TO ADD:

The Active Denial System (ADS) is a less-lethal, directed-energy weapon developed by the U.S. military.[1] It is a strong millimeter-wave transmitter primarily used for crowd control (the "goodbye effect")...

"For the first millisecond, it just felt like the skin was warming up. Then it got warmer and warmer and you felt like it was on fire.... As soon as you're away from that beam your skin returns to normal and there is no pain."

en.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">wiki

[edit on 1-8-2010 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If it wasn't for the fact TV Cameras were there I think the Irish Cops WOULD have shot them kids. Just after the Bloody-Sunday fiasco with the Army having to apologise for defending themselves, the Police didn't want another IRA uprising on their hands.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Really though i think its showing what people in numbers with a idea can do.

You say the US police would kick them around but then i think you'd get the public giving it back much harder in 50 times more numbers.

If those police did in the video did anything like you say the US police would. they'd be kicked in and they knew it thats why the police did not turn agressive like many US cops would.

Numbers would rise to fast and turn to violent for them to handle.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nah mate if one of them were shot,that place would of turned into police
blood bath,their the kids of the most highly trained guriella army in the world. Police would die that night and nights after.
I DONT AGREE WITH IT BUT IT WOULD HAPPEN!

Im just trying to show the power of numbers mate,they wouldnt have a hope in my opinion.
thanks for replying guys

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

Absolutely.
And I agree.
I especially love the fact they're being passive (for the most part).

My only point is the same scene would have played out a lot differently in the USA.

peace

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is amazing, almost a battle of realities. How far will the police go... for nothing at all.

How far are they willing to go for no thing. This technique is great or small crowds, I will call it the turtle, everyone sits down and compacts in and if someone starts to get pulled, everyone holds everyone else, this seemed far more peaceful than many riots in Ireland, with the RIRA laying it DOWN.

I don't think this technique, the turtle is applicable for all circumstance, but I'm going to study crowd control techniques and assembled a pamphlet on how to confound the Kops when they use their proprietary techniques, which usually are pick people one by one, and mass rush.

Awesome video. We're all human, invisible rules divide us, why, because turmoil is production.

down with the whorled empire.

for interesting content here are some more videos.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by depth om]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Bingo.

Another vid for your consideration, this is the tragic case where two British soldiers took a detour past an IRA funeral and were subsequently identified by a crowd. Even though the soldier was armed, he was overpowered and beaten by the crowd, then later murdered by the IRA in a nearby alleyway.

BTW the video has a viewer discretion advised warning due to the content.

Even though a gun is waved and a shot actually fired the crowd keep coming back.

I suspect that if the police ever opened fire on civilians they would see a similar reaction. The reason the riot police in the OP's video do not seem to respond is because this is their training and riots at this time of the year particularly on the Crumlin road are very common. Reacting violently would only result in a longer drawn out confrontation, as it is better to let them fizzle out naturally.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ahhhhh haha yes.

May I first say, as a U.S. American man of German, Native American, and Romanian descent; a former Soldier, a decent human being, a brother, a son, a friend: I f***'n love the Irish.

The only concern I have is that most United States citizens do not possess the same spinal or testicular structure as the Irish men and women in this video (and I take no pleasure in saying it). You see the one dude just front kicking the crap out of the ballistic shield and mean mugging/trash talking the riot officers? Made me smile and rewind it.

Guns are no good, in that type of environment. Innocent people get killed in droves, not worth it by a long shot. I see the point you are making though, and I'm behind it one-hundred. Let's hope we can lessen the gap between law enforcement, military personnel and the general public. The less alienation, the more empathy and sympathy that exists.

Thanks for the post OP.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Shark VA84]

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
For what it's worth..... US cops aren't so patient.... If some kids started kicking at them... you can damn sure believe they would be tazered or worse and then tossed in jail....

That said, I love how it goes in one scene to the protesters screaming "peaceuful protest" and then it cuts to them throwing bottles and sticks and things.... Hmmm... Call me crazy... but that sounds more like violence to me...

Now as for what I think you are getting at, which is that you seem to think that in case of revolution the people would destroy "big brother" no problem...

You have to take into account how big the revolution is, and what they are revolting about.... If it is a nation wide thing, yeah, the people might stand a chance for the sole reason that the soldiers might see that, hey, something is really going wrong when all the people of the country are fighting against the government...

The question you need to consider, is, who would the soldiers side with? Because that is the side that will win.... Hands down.

link   

Originally posted by silo13
And you can bet the cops in your video don't have the 'microwave' weapons that cook you from the inside out - large crowds a people were in mind when those were created I can tell you. And from what I hear, they work...

The english microwaved loads of irish people during the problems and still are today, in all over uk.

link   
I must agree that all of the media most likely played a big role in the amount of restraint used by the police force against the protesters. Without all of the cameras there, they would have probably used more than just shield bashing and a water cannon.

I was looking for an ADS van to roll up at any moment to blast them all into submission. It is possible they dont have one, or just that they held it back for the media sake.

This is happening more and more around the world, where the citizens are standing up to enforement and bullying at rallies. No country wants a Tiananmen Square in their history and that gives power to the people.

I shutter to think what epic event will have to happen before we get back to freer, kinder more gentler world, where people have a voice that is rightfully allowed to speak and those in power give equal time to opposing points of view.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Absolutely.
And I agree.

My only point is the same scene would have played out a lot differently in the USA.

peace

Aboslutely, Remember the Kent State incident?
I do not recall any public outrage or massive uprising over it.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Absolutely.
And I agree.

peace
I agree with you totally mate,America would be totally different
but microwave weapons wont get you all!! Especially if you have the enemies families held in the thuderdrome,lol sorry couldnt resist i love mad max

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
These people behave like animals. Both sides of the arguement. They're all bitter bigots and I have no sympathy for any of them. I just feel sorry for the kids who grow up to be brainwashed in Northern Ireland who turn into nothing more than the next generation of hatefull scum.

With regards to this actual video, the police were there to stop the republicans from attacking the orange walk. It looks to me as though they managed to do that peacfully despite the fact that these "peacefull protestors" were throwing stones and whatever else at them, kicking out and trying to smash their riot shields into their faces.

Peacefull my rear end.

The police should have just left them to it in their little hovel and let them wipe each other out.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by RMFX1]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Guys thanks very much for jumping on the thread

this is the longest one ive had!!
NICE ONE GUYS!!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The USA has weapons they would willing use on the public that other countries don't have (yet). But cops are humans and a crowd of crazy rioters is a very intimidating force. Especially if law enforcements ear shattering, laser blinding heat cookers were disabled.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Great video - it gives hope - but - false hope I'm afraid to say...

The DIFFERENCE is not that the Irish police dont have ways of perpetrating violence against the people. The DIFFERENCE is that the Irish people have the will to resist in the face of it. And the cops KNOW that if they escalate, the people will too.

Here in America, they get away with escalating against civilians because we have demonstrated that we will allow it, and will not resist or protest it.

Thats the difference. Its not the weapons available. Its the spirit of the people, and their willingness to fight, and their unwillingness to stand aside and let their fellow citizens be abused.

People can justify the cowardice of the American people in their unwillingness to stand up to abuses of power any way they want. Its our fault for continually tolerating slow escalations of abuse and oppression over time.

The reason they HAVE microwave crowd control is because our passive acceptance of oppression has allowed its funding and purchase.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Inadvertent post...

[edit on Sun, 01 Aug 2010 16:11:42 -0500 by MemoryShock]

<<   2 >>

join