It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Improving Eyesight Naturally?

page: 1

join
share:
God

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Is it possible? I know they have tons of programs out there that supposedly do this... but do any of them actually work? Does anyone here have any personal experiences with them?

My eyes are terrible, but I refuse to risk laser surgery. I believe that glasses/contacts have caused my eyes to become weaker. My eye doctor said that my eyes shouldn't get any worse. She also said that improvement without surgery is impossible... but doctors aren't always right...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
My doctor said that you can do excersizes to make ur eyes better. For instance, my left eye is weaker than my right, so I would cover up my right eye, and then watch tv, or play a videogame or something, where I have to really focus and pay attention. It gives you really bad headaches and sucks, but I guess it works, and I guess also even tho my right eye is stronger, if I would cover up the left it would help as well, but then I wonder if that would make my left weaker since I'm not using it?

I also heard along time ago, that when you wear contacts or glasses, your eyes cannot naturally heal, because they try to fix themselves, but I think thats bs. My eyes have gotten worse over time from not wearing glasses/contacts.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Yep, there are exercises you can do to strengthen your eyes. I read that many times the muscle that holds the eye are under tension, so squashes the eyeball wrong.

This tension can be caused from childhood trauma and stress, by doing exercises that relax that muscle will allow the eyeball to return to its right shape.

I also went through a period where I only had one contact lens for 2 months, - I had to do a day by day turn around, and my eyes seemed to have improved, but that could have just been my perception.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The Bates System has been used for many years, but

Its practitioners are faith healers who appeal to the gullible, the neurotic, the highly emotional, and the psychosomatic�. �Perfect sight without glasses� is an empty promise," Worrall and Nevyas concluded.

The full article is here www.netasia.net...

I can only find articles that aren't encouraging.

But on the See Clearly Method's website (seeclearlymethod.com), you search in vain for any statement that the program actually works.
Full article here www.allaboutvision.com...

Maybe you could try the exercises for yourself, and feed back the results? I'm sure there are many people here who would be interesed.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
have you ever heard of pitch black or cronicles of riddick

just asking

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
That's not natural, that's a surgical shinejob for 20 Menthol Kools.

. . .and you gotta kill a few people.

--J1M

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
[edit on 2004-7-2 by Teknik]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
You can get two kinds of laser surgery. The 'normal' one where you get aproximately most of your original eye-sight back, and a newly developed one where your eye-sight is actually better than 'normal' people. Im thinking of having the later one, since ive been using glasses/contactlenses for 15 years now.
I just got some new ones that you have in the eye for 30 days at a time, without taking them out. They are VERY nice!

What do you call the two diffrent kinds of poor eye-sight in english? In danish, roughly translated, we call it short- and longsighted. Im -7 on the left, and -6.25 on the right.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
[edit on 2004-7-2 by Teknik]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
You can get two kinds of laser surgery. The 'normal' one where you get aproximately most of your original eye-sight back, and a newly developed one where your eye-sight is actually better than 'normal' people.

What do you call the two diffrent kinds of poor eye-sight in english? In danish, roughly translated, we call it short- and longsighted. Im -7 on the left, and -6.25 on the right.

Can I get X-ray vision?
Seriously though, they will make your vision better than normal? My husband and I were just talking about that. We were wondering if, as long as you could correct vision, why not make it better?

You are nearsighted, in US speak. You are almost as nearsighted as I am, you lucky thing.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
How 'bout eating lots of carrots? I think I had read somewhere that the myth saying it could improve eye sight wasn't really a myth, as carrots really contained something that was really good for your vision.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Don't read in the dark. And as m0rbid said, eat lots of carrots. They taste especially good with garlic butter.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
How well they work depends on what your vision problems are. There are some problems that exercises work for... and others that they don't work for. My brother tried them for many years (we're both very nearsighted) and they didn't work for him.

I've considered laser correction but am afraid of losing my excellent near vision.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I had lasic surgery 2 years ago
it was the best thing I ever did, I now have 20 20 vision

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by God

Sorry. Such an old thread but this was so cute I had to share it.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
my son got his frist glasses at just two years old plus 11.75 (he was so cute they took up his whole face lol)
anyway 14 years later he is now a plus 9.25 so his eyes have gotton stronger and he can see better then when he was two .
THIS IS NOT conjecture this is FACT i raised him I know .
so going by this yes your eye site can improve over time.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I exercise my left eye frequently because it is weaker and doesn't focus as well simply by covering up my right eye a while and looking at things at different distances and trying to focus on them. It definitely helps. I came up with the idea on my own though. I figure it must take some sort of muscle to focus so I exercise it.

new topics

top topics

join