It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla: The Electric Jesus.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is going to be a(nother) brief introduction to Nikola Tesla.

For anyone that's interested there is a myriad of very good threads on here about Tesla and various aspects of his scientific endeavour, I'll list some at the end of this post for further reading. I'd like to say that this is going to be a "soft" piece to give a general overview of this man that hopefully will introduce some of our newer members to someone deserving of the label Genius.

Anyway, enough with being effusive here is a brief humorous overview of Tesla starring John C Reilly and Crispin Glover.

WARNING: Profanity!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/503d3718af91.jpg[/atsimg]

Nikola Tesla was born an ethnic Serb in 1856, a part of the Austrian Empire at the time and now a part of modern Croatia, although later became an American national. Beginning his studies he completed 4 years of schooling within 3 and then went on to study Electrical Engineering at the Austrian Polytechnic in Graz. It is disputed if he actually received a qualification at all whilst there and the University records indicate that he did not, nor did he complete his studies there.

Not that it really mattered. Tesla was a genius, perhaps he no longer required formal education and needed to be free to pursue his interests as he desired, it is alleged he had an eidetic memory (photographic) and was able to memorise entire books. His formative years are quite interesting and can be further researched here.

The point where it begins to become interesting and Tesla's studies and application begin to pay off start with his employment at the Continental Edison Company in 1882, whilst there he invented and developed the Induction Motor - vital for A/C current use.

In June 1884 Tesla arrived in New York with a letter of recommendation to Thomas Edison who hired him. Tesla went on to redesign Edison's "inefficient" Direct Current Generators, claiming he was offered $50,000 at the time - in 1884! There was a dispute over the money between Edison and Tesla and Tesla quit, becoming a labourer and using his spare time to develop his A/C Polyphase system. Link

Tesla went on to found his own company the Tesla Electric Light & Manufacturing Company
amongst other things responsible for the Brushless A/C Induction Motor, the Tesla Induction Coil and developing X-Ray technology - perhaps interestingly he was aware very early on of the potential hazards of this as well.

Tesla was a true pioneer and visionary in his field, he went on to develop many devices and principles in use today, here is a list:

en.wikipedia.org...

For fear of dragging on and becoming tiresome, I'll give some better written quotes of Tesla's endeavour.

On 30 July 1891, he became a naturalized citizen of the United States at the age of 35. Tesla established his 35 South Fifth Avenue laboratory in New York in the same year. Later, Tesla established his Houston Street laboratory in New York at 46 E. Houston Street. There, at one point while conducting mechanical resonance experiments with electro-mechanical oscillators, he generated a resonance in several surrounding buildings but, because of the frequencies involved, not his own building, causing complaints to the police. As the speed grew, he hit the resonant frequency of his own building and, belatedly realizing the danger, was forced to apply a sledgehammer to terminate the experiment, just as the police arrived. He also lit electric lamps wirelessly at both of the New York locations, providing evidence for the potential of wireless power transmission.

and

When Tesla was 36 years old, the first patents concerning the polyphase power system were granted. He continued research of the system and rotating magnetic field principles. Tesla served, from 1892 to 1894, as the vice president of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers, the forerunner (along with the Institute of Radio Engineers) of the modern-day IEEE. From 1893 to 1895, he investigated high frequency alternating currents. He generated AC of one million volts using a conical Tesla coil and investigated the skin effect in conductors, designed tuned circuits, invented a machine for inducing sleep, cordless gas discharge lamps, and transmitted electromagnetic energy without wires, building the first radio transmitter. In St. Louis, Missouri, Tesla made a demonstration related to radio communication in 1893. Addressing the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and the National Electric Light Association, he described and demonstrated in detail its principles. Tesla's demonstrations were written about widely through various media outlets. Tesla also investigated harvesting energy that is present throughout space. He believed that it was merely a question of time when men would succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of nature, stating: "Ere many generations pass, our machinery will be driven by a power obtainable at any point of the universe."

Source.

A point of note, as Tesla seems to be at the core of some theories close to the heart of ATS, researching into areas such as transmitting Extremely Low Frequencies (HAARP), Free Energy (I don't think anyone needs links for that), it is also speculated he built a device that might have received radio signals from Venus or Mars, Direct Energy Weapons and potential Flying Saucers

As is too often the case Tesla never gained real recognition in his lifetime and died poor and alone in death though Tesla has gained some credit for his contributions to the modern world and here on ATS we may ponder what the man created that might be close to out interests?

Could there be secret labs under Area 51 or the Denver International Airport dedicated to perfecting Tesla's inventions? We can only speculate, but what interests me are the things he actually, definitely did do Vs the things he claimed he could do - those that we here speculate on so often.

Thanks if you've read this far, as I said there's a hell of a lot on Tesla here and out there - below I'd like to present some videos and links to other threads on ATS.

BBC snippet:

Hugh Jackman on Tesla:

Orson Welles depicts Tesla:

One last dramatic film on Tesla:

There is much, much more out there available to view much of which can be found in the following threads and perhaps some of them warrant a fresh set of eyes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The Short Film Biopic of Tesla is one I have not seen before, thanks for the post!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by sourdiesel]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
jokei, what is your opinion on the possibility of Tesla bringing about the Tunguska blast in 1908?

have you heard of that theory? it is new to me but i see, from googling it, that it is not a new idea, in general.

i think it makes perfect sense and is highly likely, just from a basic overview of what is thought to have happened to bring about such an explosion.

if it was of his making, i bet it was a watershed moment in his life!
as to what it brought about, i have no idea.

but if that blast in Siberia was man-made, then he'd be the man to beat, imo.

here is a link i found for some background info. i still need to read it all the way, but it seemed okay. i didn't hear about this on the net, believe it or not, and so just now was the first time i'd looked into it, because of this thread.

so i still have my own research to do but wanted your opinion, and anyone else that has one, about Tesla causing the Tunguska blast.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There's a near cult-like status surrounding Tesla and his achievements. He was a genius, no doubt, but he was also a very flawed human being. People seem willing take all of his claims at face value and trump up his achievements to miraculous levels. He was a cool guy who did some seriously cool stuff but that's not going to stop people proclaiming an ever-growing list of fantastical feats that have little to no basis in reality. My $0.02

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
There's a near cult-like status surrounding Tesla and his achievements. He was a genius, no doubt, but he was also a very flawed human being. People seem willing take all of his claims at face value and trump up his achievements to miraculous levels. He was a cool guy who did some seriously cool stuff but that's not going to stop people proclaiming an ever-growing list of fantastical feats that have little to no basis in reality. My $0.02

I agree. The idea that he could be responsible for Tungaska is not very plausible (besides, he was busy fighting court battles and putting out patents.) It's also compounded by his mental state at the end of his life where he seems to be losing touch with reality. His theories are interesting but I see many of them hijacked by folks who don't know much about the physics or mechanics and invoke his magical name to all sorts of concepts and events.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Perhaps, THE most underrated scientist/accomplishment of all-time.

Simply astonishing that many people do not even know who he is, much less what he is responsible for, and then even when they DO understand his contribution (AC) they are unaware of all the benefits/capabilities/opportunities introduced.

so sad - because he went crazy? When you're THAT effing smart, this is always a fear, I suppose.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My interest was recently aroused by Scalar weaponry, Tesla's 'Death Ray' and the links to Tunguska and various earthquakes e.t.c.

But gosh! It is a big subject and there are a lot of reports and accounts to read. And an awfully large proportion of it is just fantasy.

But as you have illustrated, if you search around on ATS there are some fascinating discussions on the subject. Here's another one with some very interesting content (not strictly about Tesla per se, but related to his theories and their modern incarnation):

So thanks for putting all this together jokei. It looks like you have created a good reference point on Tesla - the mad scientist we all know and love!

[edit on Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:11:12 -0500 by Silver Star]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Perhaps.
Jesus showed the way.
To about 12 and the rest of the early flock numbers are sealed
perhaps.
Lazarus was run out of town for being too good an example of
the power of Jesus.

Tesla, well I doubt all the stories about him.
Just read what he said might be the best thing to do just like
what Jesus said in the gospels.
Well there are those that need expert interpretation as we
certainly do with Tesla.

As the story goes Thomas Jefferson took his bible and ripped
out everything except the words of Jesus.

ED: All those inventions of Tesla from Death Ray to flying
saucers are due to a big coil acting like a spring pushing
ions and air and anything else like the Tesla defined ether.
ED+: In 1940 Tesla announces "Death Ray " and force at a distance
using the same power, frequency and coil apparatus he developed
since 1892. It was no bluff and by 1943 Tesla was gone and
Germany had perhaps working models of 'self acting machines'
to Foo and saucer craft, course the "Death Ray" might have been
a concern as well. Toss in the unrelated atomic bombs for
curiosity sake as Tesla accelerators might have helped.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

you know, the fact that he was a flawed human being, as you say (and aren't we all flawed, as well?) makes him all the more interesting, in my opinion.

he had big ideas and plans and often in the execution of same, things got out of hand, and i can just imagine how he might have felt in the midst of such unexpected and perilous chaos!

i've heard that the story about the earth tremors on the block of his apartment building, when he was trying out that resonance thingamajiggie isn't true, and i've heard just as often that it was true. it probably wasn't funny at the time but it is always funny to me when i think of it - the cops showing up just as a shaken Nikola is terminating the connection, his face no doubt as white as a sheet!

he did give us something that was a real boon to our world, alternating current, of course, and that's good enough to laud the man whenever his name comes up.

i can't imagine how gloomy it would be if we were living in a world darkened overhead by Edison's snaggle of direct current wires!

and then the tragic side of his life, too - getting the shaft from Edison and being held in his strange routine of obsessive compulsive behavior. so alone at the end of his life that we can't even be sure which day was his last.

the attention comes to late, but at least it comes to one such as Nikola Tesla.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Sorry for the slightly off-topic post, but I just want to plug the book I'm reading right now, "Tesla: Man out of Time", by Margaret Cheney. It's a biography of Tesla, and it's really quite interesting. I'd known about a lot of his scientific experiments before, but the insights into his personal life are fascinating.

The only point of correction I'd like to make is that Tesla actually did receive quite a bit of recognition, at least during his own lifetime; it was only later that he was forgotten. He was in the newspapers frequently, gave scientific lectures, and had associations with a lot of very famous and influential people.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think the thing with most genius is a "different" kind of sanity, although in Tesla's case he seemed to lose stability towards the end of his life and let's face it his life hadn't been easy.

I think I linked to ideas of how Tesla's work could have been developed and used in modern times and it amuses me to idly speculate that there may be a continuation of his work deep underground somewhere.

Originally posted by Silver Star
...if you search around on ATS there are some fascinating discussions on the subject. Here's another one with some very interesting content (not strictly about Tesla per se, but related to his theories and their modern incarnation):

Cheers, I needed that to go with an 8 pint hangover
now my head hurts, but I think that thread bears some very interesting hypothetical fruit and is worth repeating. Thankyou again, I'll come back to that when I feel better.

reply to post by queenannie38

It's definitely food for thought, I'd say it's possible not necessarily probable though.

Especially as Wardenclyffe was either in little use or totally inactive at the time. There's also a lot of evidence for other explanations about what happened at Tunguska.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I believe a lot of what Tesla says mainly to the fact that the lil snippets of the Dynamic Theory of Gravity are being broken down into more modern theories, and most modern technology seems to have started, or in the situation of AC, enhanced and made usable by Tesla. AC was around before Tesla, he simply made it work. For that matter radio/lasers/radar/waves in general are better understood because of Tesla.

For a man that was going insane the US gov. sure did have a lot of interest in him in the last part of his life, and even after he was dead. Everything from missiles to HAARP are because of Tesla... What if later in life he didn't go crazy, just saw the same illusions we see but in a different way. Somehow almost all modern technologies have been influenced by Tesla. I wouldn't call him Jesus... Tesla's done much more

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I am not sure if this stuff on tesla has been posted on here before...but cant hurt to put it in one place.

i have put the tesla FBI files into two flash files that can be viewed here.

i have put control buttons for easier scrolling...if you would like pdf copies i will load those too later.

Tesla FBI files pt1
Tesla FBI files pt2

THis is the respect this genius gets.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

I've never seen those before, not sure if they've been posted already, but that was kinda the point of this thread - a small "bump" for Tesla so hopefully some of the new guys that might not have known about him now do.

I would love to get a pdf of those files, I think I managed to clearly read the first few pages, but it gets really difficult by about page 7 or 8 - damn, I was chuckling at FBI typos too.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Hold down the Control Key and if you have a scroll wheel you can make the page bigger and easier to read.

Who stole Tesla's Solid Gold Edison Medal the day after he died?

Was it the FBI? The Office of Alien Custody? The locksmith? Someone from the Hotel?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

well all the documents are different so some are clearer than others...but yes they can be a hard read...but remember when they were written and they actually used type writers....lol

i will post the pdf's when i get in from work...then you can use your viewer to zoom etc.

and yes sometimes things do need a fresh look.

He was a BRILLIANT man and deserves the upmost in respect as a great scientist who crontributed great things to the world and didn't follow the mainstream.

A man to be honoured as one of the greats.
s

[edit on 043131p://f58Monday by plube]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Nice... You checked out the actual FBI FOIA site? It says the FBI has 287 pages on him.

foia.fbi.gov...

[edit on 2-8-2010 by DavidN]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sourdiesel

A good bit of advice there .....zooom zooooom zoooooooom

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The ironic part is that the aliens gave humanity this knowledge of free energy through Tesla, but Illuminati made sure most of his inventions never made it into the public technology tree.

Which is why the public technology is about 100 years from where the secret technology is.

Dumbed down is a understatement for humanity right now. We are like frigging cavemen.

But it will change in 2012 I hope.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidN
Nice... You checked out the actual FBI FOIA site? It says the FBI has 287 pages on him.

Thankyou - not sure if I can request that (I'm in the UK), can we/have you been able to access those?

I'd like to see the Sharon Tate stuff as well.

<<   2 >>

join