It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C-17 Cargo Plane Crashes in Alaska

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Just got the breaking news about an hour ago from a news source. I didn't see anything on ATS yet, so here ya go! Seems a lot of places are lighting up with the story now though. A C-17 went down Wednesday, July 28th, 2010 (yesterday) around 7:00pm according to the Alaskan National Guard.

Yahoo News Article Link

ADN.com Article Link

The plane apparently crashed at Elmendorf Air Force base in Anchorage, Alaska. It was somewhat close to Fort Richardson. Not sure what to make of it, I can't get too many pictures or videos for it with my slow internet but thought it'd be interesting to point out. From what I gather, harsh weather caused it? Not sure, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

edit to add a bit more info...

[edit on 7/29/2010 by philosearcher]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
seems like an accident to me. article said it was just a training mission. gotta expect an accident or two during a training mission.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I thought it seemed like an accident, however, I did miss that it was during a training mission. thanks for clearing that up, jacktherer

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Damn, wish I could check it out, I live 10 miutes from Elmendorf. I havent heard any explosions or anything of the nature. Porbably just another un-experienced pilot. It's been happening more frequently lately.

new topics

top topics

join