It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connection between Gulf cap and Michigan oil pipe leak??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I only found 1 thread on the Michigan oil leak and that was in regards to a media blackout...this thread is to see how others feel about the possibility of a connection between the Gulf oil well cap and the possibility of pressure "backing up" and causing the pressure underground to start such a pipeline leak in Michigan-though I DO realize they are way apart from one another...thoughts people?? Could there be a connection between the two under the surface of an earth that we can't see?? I don't know all the ins and outs of how these things work so am interested to hear what others may think...as always, I am learning and wonder if anyone else feels this way...don't be too hard on my lack of knowledge, or my quest to pick up on others more knowledgable than myself in such matters....it could just be a coincidence and I acknowledge that as well

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
"Officials said it would be weeks before an official cause of the pipe break is determined. Feedback from the initial portions of the investigation is expected in the next few days to provide telling clues about the origins of the leak, company officials said."

Here is an artical on it..figured I would post one for you for quick reference.
online.wsj.com...

There are several ideas behind this but I personally believe the severe changes in pressure underground do cause effects at other locations. They dont know what caused it but sounds like lots of people are leaving the area....20 miles of river contaminated.

I firmly suggest the earth does have to expend pressure where it is lost and compensate in order to keep a harmonious operation much like oceanic convection currents there are also magma convection currents rising and falling in the mantle. Little pockets of oil, gas, and other materials generally are found at certain depths...so the pipe line is around 1200 miles long if i read correctly....i would say it is highly plausable but if its not related I am sure we would see some evidence of this in the future...much like were finding how the solar wind and CME's effect the techtonic plates of earths crust influencing earthquakes.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Reconer

I also think that things are connected and intertwined in ways we may not see, thus the question... It will be interesting to see what the outcome of their investigation is. I think it will also be interesting to see in the next few weeks where earthquakes happen, lands shift, and matters of significance to the POSSIBILITY of pressure changes under the crust. NOT fearmongering anything, just curious to earth and how she flows and sways with the tides (and caverns emptying of oil beneath the surface)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yeah...I posted a thread yesterday on the BOT project predicing another quake on the northern california area friday or saterday timeframe...few days around it.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rockhndr

rockhndr

To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - a law in physics i think.....It gives rise to the quote made in a film that a buterfly flapping it's wings in India is ditectly related to some other event in the USA....

You might have a point with your idea, I mean the earth is obviously just one large inter-connected peice of plumbing !?

Regards
PurpelDOG UK

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't think the Michigan leak will be tied in with a North Korea sub celebrating the Waco fire and the Oklahoma bombing. They were a day late from crossing the International Date Line and didn't adjust their clocks.

The sub could have been celebrating Hitler's birthday, but that is a different conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Don't forget what is between those two locations, the New Madrid fault line, and several other newly discovered faults. I don't believe for a second that the cap on the well head has done anything but aggravate the whole situation. I would suggest that you listen to Coast to Coast AM. George Noory has updates from Captain Kelley Sweeny and/or Richard C. Hoagland fairly often. They both seem very knowledgeable to me.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think the Michigan leak was the pipeline from Alberta to the US? Owned by Enbridge. And the leak happened in a part of the pipeline going from Michigan to Ontario.

Someone, wasn't watching for leaks, or no worker available to watch for leak?

ca.news.yahoo.com...

www.canadianbusiness.com...

www.pennenergy.com...

"Spanning some 1,900 miles, the Lakehead System is the US portion of the world’s longest petroleum pipeline and the primary transport line for crude oil from Western Canada to the US. The pipeline system serves all the major refining centers in the Great Lakes, Midwest US and Ontario, Canada."

Coming from Alberta, not sure though, it probably comes from the tar sands, which is different than drilling for it.
en.wikipedia.org...

I had also forgotten about the New Madrid fault line. That isn't going to bode well for underground or other pipelines. That could cause some major leakage, any time the earth shakes.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by snowspirit]

[edit on 28-7-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rock and

I wondered the same thing and was even trying to see if the natural grid lines somehow connect.

It is without a doubt a terrible tragedy and all eyes should be upon this.

I had NOT thought about the New Madrid Fault line though, that would really be bad if it were affected.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rockhndr

You know I think the same thing with all the drilling and screwing around with planet resources ... forest etc ...

Looking at a cutaway its not hard for me to see how drilling in one place could easily be connected to other areas that don't necessarily look connected (not saying it even is).

For some references, Earth crust thickness:

Miles
0–37 Lithosphere (locally varies)
0–22 … Crust (locally varies)
22–37 … Uppermost part of mantle
322–1,790 Mantle
62–125 … Asthenosphere
22–410 … Upper mantle
410–1,790 … Lower mantle
1,790–3,160 … Outer core
3,160–3,954 … Inner core

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a58159bb9284.jpg[/atsimg]