It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden treasure... at my friends house?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I know this sounds crazy, but let me explain.

My friends house is broken into 4 apartments and in his apartment there is some writing on the wall, very old and written in a way I've never seen (kind of reminds me of some secret society kind of stuff).

This is what we're pretty sure it says:

millis an rudan g anam

No idea what language it is, or what it means... my friend says he searched a lot and found something about it having to do with a hidden treasure that the government has been looking for for many years. I haven't seen what he has yet I'm going to his house tomorrow to look at it again.

If anyone could shine some light on what this means/stands for, what language it is, and if it has anything to do with anything worth looking into, I'd very much appreciate it.

Either way, it's weird to find such writing on the lower part of a wall in what is now a kitchen. This house was once just a regular house out in the middle of the woods in the suburbs of Philadelpia - but has been renovated except his apartment (which is a bit odd, they never re-did his apartment for some reason and it needs some fixing up pretty badly).

Thanks for responses in advanced.

[edit on 28/7/2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Celtic...try that language to see if it matches. I have no idea what it would mean.

ANAM means SOUL in celtic.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by ExPostFacto]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
sounds a bit like Shelta, although the words don't match any of the few I know.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Well, Google tells me that Millis, Rudan and Anam are all names.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I think it would be easier to rip the walls off than to try and figure out what that means,it could be a code with directions .It sounds latin or it could be licence plate details.I once went into an abandoned house in the forest and there were numbers and letters written everywhere,turns out the occcupant had written down number plates of every car that he had seen drive near

[edit on 28-7-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Hmmm... Perhaps it would be best to post pics? Let the ATS community see what they're dealing with... Perhaps there is someone on here crazy enough to be able to read it

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

translate.google.com...

millis an rudan g anam

translates to:

Millis mother referred directly ... G !!

Turkish to English

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Millis is a town in Norfolk County in the U.S. state of Massachusetts

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by vyrox
Hmmm... Perhaps it would be best to post pics? Let the ATS community see what they're dealing with... Perhaps there is someone on here crazy enough to be able to read it

I will post pictures tomorrow hopefully, was planning on doing so anyway. Hopefully I should get a chance to go over my friend's house tomorrow night and I will upload them.

Once you all see the format it is written in, maybe something will pop out to someone because I really have no background in writing.

Anyway, thanks for the responses so far.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
I think it would be easier to rip the walls off than to try and figure out what that means,it could be a code with directions .It sounds latin or it could be licence plate details.I once went into an abandoned house in the forest and there were numbers and letters written everywhere,turns out the occcupant had written down number plates of every car that he had seen drive near

[edit on 28-7-2010 by 12voltz]

Did you really find a house filled with license plate numbers all over the walls? How did you find out this abandoned house was covered in license plate numbers because the 'crazy' occupant/owner decided to write all over the walls?

And yeah I'd love to rip up every piece of the damn building but I don't think the owners would be too happy

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I seriously think that your friend is pulling your leg.

how old are you guys? i cant imagine many adults would believe their friends if they told them this.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Yeah it's true Numbers and letters everywhere for example
498 TGF 507 JUH etc all over the walls,I assume the occupant was paranoid about every car he saw and wanted a record in case his crop got ripped off.I didn't see a crop or the occupant.The place was a mess and i didn't hang around long.In your case the easiest option looking for treasure would be a metal detector but it's going to go off at every nail in the wall.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Not sure, but to me it seems it may just be one of those John Loves jane type of things and if I am correct it simply says "Millis and Rudan one soul". As someone pointed out Millis and Rudan are names in one language, that was the first thing that came to mind when I first read the code.

But don't take my word for it, that's just my speculation.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
I seriously think that your friend is pulling your leg.

how old are you guys? i cant imagine many adults would believe their friends if they told them this.

First off, this is one of my best friends I've known for a very long time. Second he doesn't play tricks or joke about much, and he wouldn't ever do so with something like this - not to mention he could never write what is on the wall, it's done very professionally considering the type of lettering and such.

Also, no one has noticed this for a long time, it was behind furniture and I was there when we found it, in fact I noticed it when moving something as did he, so this isn't a hoax - not on my end or his.

I'm not saying what I/he found is anything profound, however it deserves to get some attention because either way I'd like to find out what it means and why it is there.

Think what you want though. I'm no child, and neither is my friend, we don't play silly games of 'lets draw on the wall and see who finds it interesting' I mean seriously, that would be a really dumb thing to do considering he's spending more time researching it than I have so far.

Once again, I'll post pictures later today/tomorrow (hopefully today).

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
He just bought a house from a dislexic previous owners

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Here's the pictures, sorry for the quality hope with all of them you guys can make it all out. The angel and how light the writing is now (very faded as you can see in some parts) made it hard to capture it perfectly. But I said I'd have pictures and here they are...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a617a1190788.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's a side view:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/507405b64904.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7656673d09db.jpg[/atsimg]

This one is pretty good, middle of everything is fine but rest is hard to see:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2fcd038e8570.jpg[/atsimg]

If you guys want me to try and take more I will, but this is it for the time being. I'll check posts when I get home tonight and see what you all think and if they're that horrible (as I said it's hard to capture it all with a camera) I will try another set of photos.

Please let me know what you think of these, I'm really wondering now what the hell it is/where it's from/from it means.

And about the whole treasure thing, my friend printed it all out and has it but every time we put the same search string in it doesn't come up anymore. If it really comes down to it I'll even post those, but I don't really know if it has to do with treasure - it is very interesting though and bares some very cool writing.

-highlyoriginal

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Sounds to me it is the name of a couple.

Maybe some young soul who was madly in love with somebody and wanted their name etched in the wall.

2 cents

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

the image was 666px wide too

original image

is millis an rud an g-anam

Millis an Rud is an g-mother

Old English or Celtic Script

bob's your uncle and fanny's your aunt

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/507405b64904.jpg[/atsimg]

It's very had to read the first couple of letters but it's a type of calligraphic font so I read it as:

is millis an rud an t-anam
With the first letter of the last word being a "t"

Example font:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c612534d5f7.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join