It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea Mouthpiece Threatens Another Nuclear Test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

N.Korea Mouthpiece Threatens Another Nuclear Test

english.chosun.com

A North Korean mouthpiece in Japan on Monday issued a thinly veiled threat of another nuclear test by the North, which is peeved by a massive South Korea-U.S. naval exercise in the East Sea.

The Choson Sinbo newspaper said the North "regards a nuclear test as an essential procedural requirement to gain a nuclear deterrent. In the past, it has not hesitated to conduct a test if it decided it needed one."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Another nuclear test during the military exercises would appear provocative and push the countries even closer to war.

Although it would give the US an excuse to start another war and distract the world's attention away from wikileaks...... or a war could start inadvertently with N.Korea shooting down the loudspeakers at the DMZ as part of their next tantrum....

english.chosun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
First they are screaming about war ...now they "might do a test!"

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Whatever happens, happens. I wish North Korea would have a nuclear test. See how fast The U.S. and South Korea will attack North Korea.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
S. Korea, U.S. plan live-fire anti-submarine drills

South Korea and the United States plan to conduct live-fire anti-submarine exercises in the East Sea Tuesday during the third day of joint military drills meant to deter North Korea against future provocations, military officials said.

The allies plan to fire naval guns and artillery at an abandoned submarine disguised as a North Korean submarine, military officials said.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Well gee, go right ahead. If you feel the incentive need to nuke your own country for us in tests, no one will do anything to stop you.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
North Korea are so full of hot air it's really just beyond a joke now.

The promise they will launch a sacred nuclear war against the imperialist US forces and the puppet regime of the South.

I HATE it how they constantly refer to the south as a "puppet regime". Hey N. Korea... STFU. Your a bunch of pissy whinging babies who can't feed their own people because all your money goes to military spending, which you constantly threaten to use but never do because you would probably blow yourself up.

First its a retaliatory nuclear sacred war, now its a whimpering "we might do a nuclear test"

I hope they get taken out for nothing more than that they give me the sh*ts

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Whatever happens, happens. I wish North Korea would have a nuclear test. See how fast The U.S. and South Korea will attack North Korea.
Im kinda wundern about that,.
I am hesitant to believe anybody will counteract him

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
S. Korea, U.S. plan live-fire anti-submarine drills

The allies plan to fire naval guns and artillery at an abandoned submarine disguised as a North Korean submarine, military officials said.

Shouldnt that read "fire naval guns at a North Korean submarine disguised as an abandoned submarine",Maybe the Chenoan was mistaken for an abandoned U.S frigate

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Excellent comeback, S & F's for you, and might prove to close to the truth....

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by john124

Well gee, go right ahead. If you feel the incentive need to nuke your own country for us in tests, no one will do anything to stop you.

Since we are talking about nukes, let's focus on US nukes for couple of seconds, it is very interesting.

Total number of U.S. nuclear weapons tests, 1945-1992: 1,030 (1,125 nuclear devices detonated; 24 additional joint tests with Great Britain)

First and last test: July 16, 1945 ("Trinity") and September 23, 1992 ("Divider")

Number of nuclear tests in the Pacific: 106

Number of U.S. nuclear tests in Nevada: 911

Number of nuclear weapons tests in Alaska [1, 2, and 3], Colorado [1 and 2], Mississippi and New Mexico [1, 2 and 3]: 10

Number of high level radioactive waste tanks in Washington, Idaho and South Carolina: 239

Volume in cubic meters of radioactive waste resulting from weapons activities: 104,000,000

Cost of January 17, 1966 nuclear weapons accident over Palomares, Spain (including two lost planes, an extended search and recovery effort, waste disposal in the U.S. and settlement claims): $182,000,000

Number of U.S. nuclear bombs lost in accidents and never recovered: 11

Minimum number of classified pages estimated to be in the Department of Energy's possession (1995): 280 million

Estimated 1998 spending on all U.S. nuclear weapons and weapons-related programs: $35,100,000,000

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Invincible Spirit Exercise
1. The Republic of Korea Minister of National Defense and the United States Secretary of Defense announced this week that from 25-28 July, our two nations will conduct a Joint maritime and air readiness exercise named “Invincible Spirit”. This is the first in a series of combined ROK-U.S. air and naval exercises to be held off the east and west coasts of Korea.
2. These defensive, combined training exercises are designed to send a clear message to North Korea that its aggressive behavior must stop, and that the ROK and U.S. are committed to enhancing our combined defensive capabilities. Invincible Spirit will include the USS GEORGE WASHINGTON aircraft carrier, the ROK Naval Ship Dokdo, and approximately 200 ROK, U.S. Air Force and Navy fixed wing aircraft, to include the F-22 Raptor. Invincible Spirit, along with its follow-on exercises, will enhance the readiness of the ROK-U.S. Alliance’s naval and air forces, while improving cooperation and interoperability between our forces and increasing the Alliance’s capability to deter, and if deterrence fails, defeat North Korean provocations.
3. I want to thank the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, and Department of Defense Civilians of United States Forces Korea for your selflessness, vigilance and hard work in the aftermath of the unprovoked North Korean attack on the ROK Naval Ship Cheonan. More than any weapon system, it is your teamwork, training, and devotion to duty that deters North Korean aggression. I also want to thank you for successfully planning and resourcing a large exercise like Invincible Spirit on such short notice. Your achievement lets our adversaries and their leadership know that we are an agile, adaptive force capable of taking on any challenge.
4. I also want to reassure our families that the Republic of Korea remains a safe place to work, live, and raise your children. Your safety is our paramount concern. The ROK - U.S. Alliance has successfully deterred aggression on the Korean Peninsula for 57 years. We will continue to fulfill this mission and provide you with the housing, schools, and other facilities that help build strong families and make Korea the forward-deployed station of choice. I, my Commanders and my staff stand ready to address any of your concerns and to help make your stay in Korea a rewarding one.
5. We Go Together!
WALTER L. SHARP
General, US Army
Commander
SS
HH
AA
RR
PP
PP
OO
II
NN
TT
##
2200--1100
FREEDOM’S FRONTIER!

www.usfk.mil...

[edit on 26-7-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Come on now KIMMY. Don't get all worked up again. Are you sure you took your meds. today? Go take your meds. You will feel better in the morning. ok, kimmy. I WISH HE WAS ON MEDS. The guy is a psycho.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
hmmm I cant help but think with all the live amo being fired around out there , one might, lets say go a little astray. And if it does, where might it end up? Are we going to hear "oppsie" sorry about that....I think you can fill in the rest of the blanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Nope, more like... "We Misshot"

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
We'll see. They just started the 3rd day and no "mis-shots" yet. This thing is going off without a hitch and all NK can do is threaten again. Punks. Im guess China is telling them what to do LOL.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Have you seen those goggles on Kimmy, can you imagine him getting a war briefing from his Generals, while looking at a map.....

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I had the same thought! Now we will sink a NK sub thinking its an abandoned sub

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
We'll see. They just started the 3rd day and no "mis-shots" yet. This thing is going off without a hitch and all NK can do is threaten again. Punks. Im guess China is telling them what to do LOL.

Funny
how NK is accused of destroying a S-Korean vessel and killing those on board, and all S-Korea and the US can do is exercise lol

Or maybe it was the US who destroyed the Vessel
poor Japan is still under occupation due to the drowning of the vessel.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
LMAO! No kidding. I can see him now...map held two inches away from his face just rip-roaring drunk talking about how he will kill the imperialists!!

Originally posted by freetree64
reply to post by princeofpeace

Have you seen those goggles on Kimmy, can you imagine him getting a war briefing from his Generals, while looking at a map.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join