It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Earthquakes in Yellowstone region for the last seven days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No Earthquakes in Yellowstone region for the last seven days(Edited: greater than 1 on the Richter Scale)

earthquake.usgs.gov

There have been NO "greater than 1 on the Richter Scale(edited)" earthquakes in the Yellowstone region for the past 7 days. For such an active seismic region, this seems unusual. Edited " This is my observation from the USGS site soley"

Related News Links:
earthquake.usgs.gov

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Krzyzmo]

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Krzyzmo]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Where is the energy going and does anyone recall a stretch like this with no seismic activity in the Yellowstone region? I have been watching Yellowstone for a few years now and can't recall seeing a blank map for 7 straight days. I checked with a Google search of this topic and cannot find a news story on this current event.

earthquake.usgs.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

Remember hoe some people thought rev 8 was the bp oil spill for angels 2 and 3?

Well then.

Angel 4:

The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

Not saying it is true. But if that baby blows, that is going to happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Does seem strange. I'm sure the USGS has GPS stations throughout the area. However searches of their site turns up nothing as does Google. Does anyone know where to find this data? or ifs it's even available?

Also some info from wikipedia

Source

Yellowstone experiences thousands of small earthquakes every year, virtually all of which are undetectable to people. There have been six earthquakes with at least magnitude 6 or greater in historical times, including a 7.5 magnitude quake that struck just outside the northwest boundary of the park in 1959. This quake triggered a huge landslide, which caused a partial dam collapse on Hebgen Lake; immediately downstream, the sediment from the landslide dammed the river and created a new lake, known as Earthquake Lake. Twenty-eight people were killed, and property damage was extensive in the immediate region. The earthquake caused some geysers in the northwestern section of the park to erupt, large cracks in the ground formed and emitted steam, and some hot springs' normally clear water turned muddy.[43] A 6.1 magnitude earthquake struck inside the park on June 30, 1975, but damage was minimal. For three months in 1985, 3,000 minor earthquakes were detected in the northwestern section of the park, during what has been referred to as an earthquake swarm, and has been attributed to minor subsidence of the Yellowstone caldera.[50] Beginning on April 30, 2007, sixteen small earthquakes with magnitudes up to 2.7 occurred in the Yellowstone Caldera for several days. These swarms of earthquakes are common, and there have been 70 such swarms between 1983 and 2008.[62] In December 2008, over 250 earthquakes were measured over a four day span under Yellowstone Lake, the largest measuring a magnitude of 3.9.[63] In January 2010, more than 250 earthquakes were detected over a two day period.[64] Seismic activity in Yellowstone National Park continues and is reported hourly by the Earthquake Hazards Program of the U.S. Geological Survey

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
RSOE EDIS Confirms

I have never seen the RSOE EDIS map with such little N. American Activity? Especially around Yellowstone?

I wonder if this is related to these other two threads with a brand new faultline discovered in NE Arkansas, and now a contaminated water supply in the same area.

Contaminated Water Supply

5 Arkansas Earthquakes in 2 days

It seems our geological paradigm is shifting right now? Is this a result of pole shifts? 2012? Gulf Oil Leak? Or is it just another misunderstood cycle of Earth's activity?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
That the USGS uses the term "unusual" in their report gives me the heebyjeebs. They tend to be fairly conservative in their descriptions of events and to phrase it that way gives the impression of worry. Of course, that's probably just me and the way I read into it.

I think it's extraordinarily unusual for there to be no earthquakes there in 7 days. Calm before the storm comes to mind and I'm not even sure that analogy can realistically apply to earthquakes. I don't like this one bit...

I'm surprised there is no chatter about it on the Yellowstone thread?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Wow I find that kind of odd I hope it waits till after the 10th of August so I can at least have a normal birthday

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
For such an active area it does seem VERY strange to have NO activity for a straight seven days ????

As someone said above - 'the calm before the storm' ??!!....

I just watched that film 'the core' as well....
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Does a calm happen before an eruption? Yellowstone blowing is one thing I don't want to happen in my life time. I don't want temperatures to drop! I am a heat man! Also, the devastation...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It's the calm before the storm.

This is the second strange geological occurance in a week

The other is the Moro Gulf with 15 quakes all around the 600KM depth mark in the space of 3 days

Fiji has also had 3 deep quakes in the last 3 days as well.

Something definately doesn't seem right inside the earth at the moment

[edit on 26/7/10 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

I had never heard of the abiotic oil theory until I started my thread on the Arkansas quakes. After looking into it and reading it, it has never been discounted or debunked. It is a viable theory, and it would explain a lot about the interconnectedness of the world we live in.

I don't know if I believe it, but if it cannot be disproven, then it has to be considered, and if we consider it, then we have to also consider the fact that these earthquakes could be related to the Gulf Oil spill, and the massive pumping of oil around the world.

Maybe the Cap on the Leak during the recent Tropical Storm and the testing of the cap made a difference? Could be way off base, but who knows.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Definitely watching this right now. I'm usually all over the earthquake threads, but if this goes I'll be one of the first not to post, since I'm sure I'm close enough to not even see it coming.

On the other hand, maybe, since the VP was just up there today, the Secret Service wouldn't allow any earthquakes to occur..

Actually, the more that I think about it, maybe they wanted all the data on any earthquakes there censored since Biden was up there. Who knows.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
From what I know about Yellowstone, they monitor earthquakes because when it becomes more active with earthquakes that's when an eruption is imminent... This could be a sign that Yellowstone is settling down, but possibly it could be bad, I think we need an expert on Yellowstone on this one

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Omg... On the news right now... Channel 5... Yellowstone is erupting!!!!

Just kidding

I'm going to look at the USGS maps right now to see for myself, this is interesting, most likely just settling down, which would be a good thing.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

[edit on 26-7-2010 by porschedrifter]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Looks weird for sure, here's the link.

www.seis.utah.edu...

[edit on 26-7-2010 by againuntodust]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
I went on their site and it says there were 2 earthquakes today, here's the link.

www.seis.utah.edu...

[edit on 26-7-2010 by againuntodust]

Well it says there are two earthquakes on that map, but I don't see the little squares to click on? Mistake?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just tried to go to the USGA site for the live "Old Faithful" cam to see if there are any noticable changes in the pressure of the gyser, or any major changes in time between eruptions that might give a clue to the lack of seismic activity in the area, but the live feed is not working for me at this time. Could be local issues with the cable internet for the no live picture, or not. I don't know????? I will try again later. Thanks

www.nps.gov...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

It's not a local thing, right under the old faithful webcam link it says this:

This webcam is out of service. A replacement camera has been requested and will be installed as soon as it is possible to do so

Updates will be posted here as they become available.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope you will join us again for live views of the Upper Geyser Basin when we resume operation!

Yay for observational skills!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

The link said there was an earthquake 3 days ago. Far cry from a week don't you think?

0.6 2010/07/23 15:11:36 44.676N 110.458W 2.0 45 km (28 mi) SSE of Gardiner, MT

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
LOl yep, ran past a bag of loot to pick up a rolling quarter on that one. Thanks for the catch about the camera; Guess I won't look later. I went to the site showing the 2 quakes in Yellowstone, and both were

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join