It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every black hole may hold a hidden universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Every black hole may hold a hidden universe

www.newscientist.com

In an analysis of the motion of particles entering a black hole, published in March, Nikodem Poplawski of Indiana University in Bloomington showed that inside each black hole there could exist another universe (Physics Letters B, DOI: 10.1016/j.physletb.2010.03.029). "Maybe the huge black holes at the centre of the Milky Way and other galaxies are bridges to different universes," Poplawski says. If that is correct - and it's a big "if" - there is nothing to rule out our universe itself being inside a black hole.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newscientist.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Black Holes Are A Myth!! A Fraud Being Perpetuated By A Coterie Of Scientists?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Now this is thought provoking! Think about this in relation to multiple universes!

When the density of matter reaches gargantuan proportions (more than about 1050 kilograms per cubic metre) inside a black hole, torsion manifests itself as a force that counters gravity. This prevents matter compressing indefinitely to reach infinite density, so there is no singularity. Instead, says Poplawski, matter rebounds and starts expanding again

Interesting concept that there may be galaxies inside a black hole!

. The scenario resembles what happens when you compress a spring: Poplawski has calculated that gravity initially overcomes torsion's repulsive force and keeps compressing matter, but eventually the repulsive force gets so strong that the matter stops collapsing and rebounds.

ANd of course this leads to the theory that there could be black holes in the center of galaxies inside of black holes!

Sadly, there is no point in us looking for other universes inside black holes. As you approach a black hole, the increasing gravitational field makes time tick slower and slower. So, for an external observer, any new universe inside would form only after an infinite amount of time had elapsed.

I guess we will never know!

www.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25/7/10 by plumranch]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reminds of a thread i saw about Earth inside a black hole made days ago

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I see the ones at the center of the galaxyies like giant star type masses, white hole and black hole technology, streaming in the Hologram from Beyond. Our sun is no exception.
Et phone home.

The broadcast signal for our school comes in from Beyond, and Higher Self/Family Light and many Beyonds, Universes and endless progression. The black hole part is kind of like a recylcing program for old programs no longer needed.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Interesting theory, no starting or ending point I would presume?

So it could be with the Universe, infinitely big, and the micro cosmic world, infinitely small.

Good find, although I don't think I would like to live in that Galaxy in the center of the black hole..... all that spinning would make me dizzy

S+F

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Pretty cool.

"My God...its full of stars!"
-Bowman, 2001: A Space Odyssey

This makes a lot of sense on an intuitive level.

I would also say this would radically shift the meaning of time itself. If each black hole is also an "origin point" of a different universe, here we can see how space (a location, i.e., a black hole) and time (a "big bang" event) would be unified. If so, very interesting.

[edit on 7/26/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Why is it that the simple and most obvious truths escape notice by mankind?

Why do planets resemble eggs? Each slowly moving away from the center of their solar system into a fertile zone where they can support life. The closest still unformed and immature, the furthest swollen balls of gas, and eventually dry barren rocks.

Why do comets resemble sperm? They travel their own paths through the galaxy colliding with planets and bringing life giving water, possibly even the seeds of life itself in their frozen cores.

Why are all these solar systems circling a black hole where everything is drawn to be squeezed through into the unknown?

Why are we even asking what a black hole is? There's only one possibility.

As above, so below.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Very nice...

This made me sit here and wonder quite a few things.

Not only have you got black holes inside a universe, you've also got that same universe inside a black hole which effetively means that there is a universe inside every universe.

Now that's dimension jumping.. so to speak..

It also made me ponder how time and distance are affected by the changing gravity of every black hole.
The furtther away you are from a black hole, the slower the time, yet distance traveled would be affected by the lesser gravity, so you could possibly travel further and faster but in less time.

But as you approached a black hole, then you would also increase speed due to the pull of the forces involved that make a black hole.

a bit confusing but kinda fun to think on

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have to admit, this is something I had wondered about many MANY years ago, but not based on anything... just my imagination I suppose.

It does however beg other questions regarding interdimensional relationships and physics in general.

Great Find - thanks for sharing it! S&F

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There are universes surrounding us too. The universe is shaped like a giant fractal. Study the structure of fractals and you will understand the structure of the universe.

Tiny worlds exist even on our skin that we would consider alien. And inside our bodies, in our intestines or brain or heart or anywhere really, and outside of our body in the air, in grass, in trees, in the Sun, everywhere are infinitesimally small worlds crammed into every inch of space.

We live on a larger level relative to all of this, and experience some of the same classes of experiences and can see the fractal structure here too. To understand how ANYTHING works here we always take it down to its smallest parts, which in turn are explained by physics by molecules and atoms, which are made up of... then even scientists start questioning what they are looking at, it becomes so unbelievable!

The universe has no problem dwarving us with galaxies and nebulae the same way we dwarf our own bodies, either:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The big bang was just a supernovae...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
For those that are interested there is a copy of the actual paper at the link below:

arxiv.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Anyone remember that article last month of a scientist saying that WE live in another dimension inside a black hole?

Sounds awfully similar no?

Makes no sense to, perhaps someone can elaborate.
So black holes are invisible we only somewhat know they are there because of it's gravitational pull, xrays and radiation and now we are saying there are universes inside invisible matter... or non-matter?

Also if Earth is inside a black hole how come other than comets nothing is flying at us? Outside of this black hole is there nothing within the Schwarschild radius?

Also it's so hard to believe that after a stars reaches it's last breath an entire universe gets born in it's womb.

Not trying to sound cocky but somebody may be able to shed some light on it for me.

Thx

[edit on 3-8-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What if the limits of our observable universe is the radius of our black hole? Our black hole's radius is expanding, and about to burst into a star by 2012.

What decides if a black hole becomes a star or a brown dwarf? The amount of consciousness it has evolved before it bursts! If it has no consciousness it becomes a failed star (brown dwarf)

spooky.

Then on the other hand, show me a black hole, then you can start theorizing about them. At this point it is like theorizing about properties of the spaghetti monster. He could exist.

[edit on 8/3/2010 by above]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They're just now entertaining this idea? Hasn't everyone at some point thought of something like this? I guess imagination really is more important than knowledge.

new topics

top topics

join